Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 02:09 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Evolution is biological history, mutation, and statistics.
Nothing. Creationism is a religious theory and should not be taught in public schools. Common sense. I can't understand why people are still debating this.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:13 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Most of the vocal anti-evolution proponents in this thread(including myself) have stated that neither evolution or creationism should be taught in public schools.

It amuses me that evolutionists always try to bring in creationism as a support for their theory of evolution.

If evolution is so solid, then it should stand on it s own two feet, without the neccesity of pitting it against any competing idea.

Evolutionists - prove that ToE is vaild - period.

I know that you can't - it is a completely unprovable theory, based entirely on conjecture and supposition.

It is unscientific.
Proving trhat evolution is valid is far beyond the scope of a forum such as this. The body of evidence in support of it, would weight tons printed on paper. However, it has been supported ad infinitum by the scientific community, and, by reference, I insert their voluminous proofs here.

Now, that I have proved evolution is valid, no more of that BS.

Tell me, do you object to teaching that dinosauers roamed the earth 100 to 200 million years ago, or is that another "unprovable", i.e. contradicts your dogma, proposition?

Old 03-17-2013, 02:39 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Harrier, the volume of evidence in support of evolution is simply too vast to post on an internet forum so I provided a basic starting point for you.

I'm still waiting on your evidence for creation.
Why would you ask me for evidence of creation when (a) creationism is not the topic of the thread and (b) I have repeatedly stated that neither evolution or creation should be taught in public schools?

The topic of the thread is teaching evolution in public schools.

Evolution, if valid, should stand on its own - not be supported by comparing it to alternative explanations for the origin of life, of which there are many.

Try to stay on topic.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Science does not rely on proof...It relies on falsifiable, testable evidence, as anyone would know had they taken a basic course in science.
That is why evolution is unscientific - the theory is not falsifiable and cannot be tested.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
That was P.T. Barnum, not Genesis.
P.T. Barnum knew his Bible.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Saying something many times does not make it so.
No. But when something is so, saying it several times is often warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier
Whee is the EVIDENCE?
Again... ERVs are the evidence.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
However, it has been supported ad infinitum by the scientific community, and, by reference, I insert their voluminous proofs here.

Now, that I have proved evolution is valid, no more of that BS.
You have proved nothing.

There are so many inconsistencies, impossibilities, and outright lies involved in ToE that anyone who believes such nonsense ought to have their head examined.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Circular argument.
Only to somebody who does not know what a circle is. Earlier you were wrongly arguing that a circle is a sphere. Now, you're not even that close.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:46 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
That is why evolution is unscientific - the theory is not falsifiable and cannot be tested.
The Theory of evolution holds because it is not falsifiable. That's the way scientific Theories work. It will hold until you provide some evidence that does falsify it. Good luck with that.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I am a very good electronics technician and I could be an electrical/electronics engineer if I pursued further education in that area.
Sadly... nothing there would lead anyone to credit you with having a clue regarding the scientific method.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies