Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:49 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
I'm not against capitalism. I'm against phony liberals!
Where has Chelsea Clinton done anything to imply she was a "liberal" and against living in a multi-million dollar home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 09:50 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
She has nothing to do with government, unlike the Bush and Kennedy families.

Did it ever occur to you that she is quite capable of doing the jobs that she has had? She has advantages that few have and she uses them, why shouldn't she? If you had connections that would elevate you in life would you not take advantage of them? One would have to be a fool not to.
My only point was that she has advantages nobody has had because of her family connections to government and I"m against people making millions off of their connections/government influence.

Go jump in a lake if you don't like it.

Last edited by padcrasher; 03-16-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
I'm not against capitalism. I'm against phony liberals!
When has Chelsea Clinton ever claimed to be poor? She and her husband both have successful careers. Do you think having money means you can't sympathize with people who are struggling? I can't stand Bill Clinton, but even I think this is one of the dumbest rants ever.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
She was hired as a reporter for NBC with no past experience.

It really shocks you people are hired because of their family name and family connections?
Your response is pathetic. If you're going to express hatred toward someone, just to hate them ... then go ahead and be truthful about it. Don't window-dress it. Especially not when you're using sheers.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are democrats.
The left is (not) one of the little people, the left respects the little people.

The right only cares about this,
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Oh, I have it...

You mean like this?

How Obama and Senate Democrats Freed GE From Paying Corporate Taxes

Old 03-16-2013, 09:54 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,931 times
You seem to forget that her husband is an investment banker, which is a pretty lucrative job these days...

Old 03-16-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I haven't seen Chelsea's W-2, so I can't speak to how she makes her money. She currently holds a master's in International affairs and is working on her doctorte.

So I dont really think she is "cashing in" on her name... say like that palin girl or the Bush twin on NBC.
I would guess that mommy and daddy Clinton have gifted her some substantial jack...but she is their only child, so I dont see nothing wrong in that.
Great. Then explain how she was hired as a reporter for NBC when all those other more qualified, more charismatic, more experienced journalism/reporters didn't make the cut?

It's really amazing how little people in this forum just go out of their way to defend elite privilege.

They are just 'shocked" anyone would point out Chelsea is where she is at, in most part because of her name.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:56 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
What exactly does she even do for a living? This is mommy and daddy's money.
Worked for one of the world's most elite business consulting firms (McKinsey) and then a big hedge fund. Big bucks right there.

Undergrad at Stanford, grad degree at Columbia in public health, now working on a PhD at Oxford.

Also teaches now at Columbia, works as a media correspondent, and sits on a number of business / nonprofit boards.

Her husband runs a hedge fund.

She certainly got many advantages and privileges from her family background. But she has also demonstrated her own ability to work hard and achieve - I would wager that she is more intelligent, educated, and accomplished than most conservatives on here.

Haters gonna hate...

Old 03-16-2013, 09:56 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Her name is Chelsea Clinton, not Mother Theresa. Weird thread.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You seem to forget that her husband is an investment banker, which is a pretty lucrative job these days...
Yes, much of this purchase could have been because of his money.

Do you think Chelsea was made a more attractive potential wife to suitors because of the status of her Father and Mother?

Or I'm I just being so mean to Chelsea?

Last edited by padcrasher; 03-16-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies