Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:57 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I'm fine with major tax breaks for companies who HIRE HERE AT HOME with decent paying jobs, especially those in new and emerging technologies--that's how you build a financial/manufacturing base and create jobs. The problem is when they move the jobs off shore and they still get the pork and tax breaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,974,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Your response is pathetic. If you're going to express hatred toward someone, just to hate them ... then go ahead and be truthful about it. Don't window-dress it. Especially not when you're using sheers.
I voted for her Father both times. Supported her Mother for President over Obama. I'm a liberal myself and support many issues Chelsea Clinton does.

What I'm not his a hypocrite like yourself, who can't bring himself to admit she's been given advantages others have not because of her family name/connections.

Since you can't explain why she was hired by NBC, I'll take that as your answer.

She did get hired, in most part, because of her last name. Just like Luke Russert, just like the Bush daughter.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
$10 million dollars could feed a lot of poor children.

Nobody needs a $10 million dollar apartment.
Apparently Democrats think they do. Why pay $10 million of their own money when they can raise taxes on everyone else to pay it? "Do as I say, not as I do" seems to be the motto of most democrats.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Apparently Democrats think they do. Why pay $10 million of their own money when they can raise taxes on everyone else to pay it? "Do as I say, not as I do" seems to be the motto of most democrats.
Since she obviously makes more than $250K per year, as does her husband, you seem really confused.

As they are living examples of supporting higher taxes on the rich, while themselves being rich.

That's "Do as I say, and here I'll lead by example".....LOL

Go have another cup of coffee and rethink your smug comment....LOL

Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Got a link to Bill Gates denouncing capitalism?
Use the google.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Her hubby is an evil bankster libbies love railing against.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Her hubby is an evil bankster libbies love railing against.
Liberals have no problem with bankers, we want those that commit crimes to be prosecuted, and we want the corrupting influence of their lobbying money curtailed.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:39 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
My only point was that she has advantages nobody has had because of her family connections to government and I"m against people making millions off of their connections/government influence.

Go jump in a lake if you don't like it.
EVERYONE uses the family and friends connections they have to try to get ahead, whether it be through job opportunities they may know about, new business adventures, discounts on savings, yadda yadda yadda. Poor and the rich alike. Just admit you are jealous of her and be done with your immature rant. I am not even a democrat, nor republican, and can see this whole post isn't nothing but "whoa is me, someone is better off in life than me and instead of doing something to better myself, I would rather moan about it"

Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
EVERYONE uses the family and friends connections they have to try to get ahead, whether it be through job opportunities they may know about, new business adventures, discounts on savings, yadda yadda yadda. Poor and the rich alike. Just admit you are jealous of her and be done with your immature rant. I am not even a democrat, nor republican, and can see this whole post isn't nothing but "whoa is me, someone is better off in life than me and instead of doing something to better myself, I would rather moan about it"
So one must be jealous if you don't want people and their families making money off elected office?

Boy you are warped. Take a trip to Scandinavia one day and see how their citizens feel about that.

That's frowned upon and they take steps to ensure it minimized.

But you keep pretending you are some street wise, serious person who's just telling it like it is to naive voters who want a less corrupt government. .

Old 03-16-2013, 10:46 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,744 times
You need a wake up call. Chelsea is not making her money off an elected office
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies