Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 12:25 PM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times

Advertisements

My mom had a breathing disease, so I never smoked around her, and I agree, who wants to go out to eat and breath in tobacco smoke and smell????? I never smoke in my own home, and when around company, I walk away to smoke, so as not to offend anyone...

so don't tell me a lot of smokers are crude and none caring...we're people to....and again, to the woman, who hates smokers, and thinks we're all crude non caring people, I bet your one of those people who will talk on a cell phone no matter where you are, not respecting that fact that maybe, just maybe while I'm watching a school football game, I don't want to hear your personal conversation?

and polute the air with cigerette smoke, are you for real...?????? Seriously???????
they are dredging a lake, due to pollutants in the soil from a 100 year old factory...
I didn't see you comment, on my post which explained how polluted our ground water is, with drain off from all the pressure treated lumber in decks, I mean, there is strong pesiticides in them, and all leaching into the ground when it rains? Compaired to the smoke that smokers put in the air, let me tell you, that is just one huge reason for cancers.

How bout all the landfills?

How bout all the lakes that are treated with chemicals, b/c people want their lakes weed free...and let me tell you something about the huge fish kill from those chemicals, and yet, no one says booo??????

How bout all the chemical plant accidents, how bout radon in your home mind you, have you ever had a radon check? Radon is natural and nothing you can do about it....

How bout all the chemicals in perms, hair dys, hair sprays etc. How bout all the chemicals in deodarants....

Chemicals stay in the ground forever....and ever, researches to this day do not know how long those chemicals stay in the ground.

Talk about spewing filth?????????

How about all the raw sewage that leaches into the ground and water tables up in the Pocono Mountains of PA, there are no sewage plants...the sewage goes right into the ground....????? Talk about spewing filth...and all that is washed into the water tables....
so are all the detergents that people use up there....clorox, and chemicals they use to clean.

Miss smarty pants, I challenge you, to walk into a child's hospital like dupont, and take a huge sweep of all the children who are down with cancers and incurable diseases from all this stuff? Children, none smokers...and it ain't from 2nd hand smoke, that's for certain.

you people don't have a clue...none

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-21-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And I'll work to fight it. You're free to impose your silly little nanny state laws in your state. Keep them out of mine!
Ok foks check out the duplicitous, two-faced, hypocritcal post.

Whenit comes to him spewing toxic polution into the air other people are breathing, the response is, basically, "go to hell, I'll pollute the air you are breathing any time I want to, withou so much as a thread of consideration for you or other non-addicts.

However, when it comes to his rights bein "threatened, he responds, "keep them out of mine".

Take your own advice and keep them (tobacco effluent) out of mine (lungs etc.)

Old 03-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
My mom had a breathing disease, so I never smoked around her, and I agree, who wants to go out to eat and breath in tobacco smoke and smell????? I never smoke in my own home, and when around company, I walk away to smoke, so as not to offend anyone...

so don't tell me a lot of smokers are crude and none caring...we're people to....and again, to the woman, who hates smokers, and thinks we're all crude non caring people, I bet your one of those people who will talk on a cell phone no matter where you are, not respecting that fact that maybe, just maybe while I'm watching a school football game, I don't want to hear your personal conversation?

and polute the air with cigerette smoke, are you for real...?????? Seriously???????
they are dredging a lake, due to pollutants in the soil from a 100 year old factory...
I didn't see you comment, on my post which explained how polluted our ground water is, with drain off from all the pressure treated lumber in decks, I mean, there is strong pesiticides in them, and all leaching into the ground when it rains? Compaired to the smoke that smokers put in the air, let me tell you, that is just one huge reason for cancers.

How bout all the landfills?

How bout all the lakes that are treated with chemicals, b/c people want their lakes weed free...and let me tell you something about the huge fish kill from those chemicals, and yet, no one says booo??????

How bout all the chemical plant accidents, how bout radon in your home mind you, have you ever had a radon check? Radon is natural and nothing you can do about it....

How bout all the chemicals in perms, hair dys, hair sprays etc. How bout all the chemicals in deodarants....

Chemicals stay in the ground forever....and ever, researches to this day do not know how long those chemicals stay in the ground.

Talk about spewing filth?????????

How about all the raw sewage that leaches into the ground and water tables up in the Pocono Mountains of PA, there are no sewage plants...the sewage goes right into the ground....????? Talk about spewing filth...and all that is washed into the water tables....
so are all the detergents that people use up there....clorox, and chemicals they use to clean.

Miss smarty pants, I challenge you, to walk into a child's hospital like dupont, and take a huge sweep of all the children who are down with cancers and incurable diseases from all this stuff? Children, none smokers...and it ain't from 2nd hand smoke, that's for certain.

you people don't have a clue...none
How is any of that releevant, in the least amount, to the topic at hand.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Glad you mentioned "legal substance". I mean to bring it up, bacause it is so lamely bashed about as if that fact is actually relevant to the discussion.

Lots of things are "legal". Whisky is legal, wine, spirits, beer etc., Having sexual relations is too (among adults etc).

That is NOT to say that you can just go and boff your girlfriend anywhere you want. Or that you can, or should, be legally able to walk down a street drinking form a bottle of Gentleman Jack.

The point is that things that are legal are, and properly are, regulated with regards to the places they can, and places they cannot, be engaged in.

Ergo, the right to use tobacco (which I support) is, and is properly, subject to similar restrictions. Restrictions, that I assure you, are coming down the pike
Hello!!! There are restrictions on where people can smoke. Do you live in the real world with the "normal people"?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Excellent idea!!!!
I have already suggested that you live in a bubble as you don't like smoking and it is legal to your dismay.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:13 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
most rentals are smoke free.. and if they're not the landlord is an idiot.. it's actually harder to find a rental that allows smoking.. I don't smoke.. but every place I've ever rented they've asked me if I did.. and when I say no.. they're like.. good.. because there's no smoking allowed.. seems like it's an unnecessary law

Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,293 times
Quote:
I have slept on the issue, and, in the face of the absolute intransigence of the addict-class, have decided that the only way to protect society is the outright ban, and will work in other channels to effect such change.

It is sad that it has come to this, but it has.
As if you ever wanted anything else... Lol

Old 03-21-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Hello!!! There are restrictions on where people can smoke. Do you live in the real world with the "normal people"?
That's correct there are. Unfortunatley, those on the nicotine addcition uber alles side think there should be none, appartely for no better reason than it is a legal product.

My point, brilliant as it is, is that lots of legal products are and should be regulated.

Where you got the mistaken inane idea I thought there are none, I'll never know. Perhaps you move intot he "real world".

Old 03-21-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
As if you ever wanted anything else... Lol
It wasnn't my goal in the least until I ran into you guys, absolutists that you are, but I must admit, it now sounds like the ONLY solution.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Ok foks check out the duplicitous, two-faced, hypocritcal post.

Whenit comes to him spewing toxic polution into the air other people are breathing, the response is, basically, "go to hell, I'll pollute the air you are breathing any time I want to, withou so much as a thread of consideration for you or other non-addicts.

However, when it comes to his rights bein "threatened, he responds, "keep them out of mine".

Take your own advice and keep them (tobacco effluent) out of mine (lungs etc.)
Yeah that's correct. Keep the nanny state BS out of my state. What part of that didn't you get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies