Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 12:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I disagree, and I'm a smoker, but no, not in restaurants, divided sections do not work....it should stay the way it is, I have no problem going outside....but it would offend many who do not smoke and ruin their dinners.
IDK, non-smokers seemed to eat in restaurants when smoking was allowed. Back then there was also more smokers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
No silly, flowers don't stink, nor do most perfumes, which are BASED on Flowers.
Many perfumes stink and some people wear way to much of it.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
IDK, non-smokers seemed to eat in restaurants when smoking was allowed. Back then there was also more smokers.

Yes, it never used to be a problem. Hell, I remember back in the day being able to walk through the mall and with a cigarette. The only thing off limits was the stores, and the movie theatre. At any rate, I stand by my belief that it should be up to the owners of those private establishments, with nothing more than a sign stating smoking is allowed on the premise...enter at your own risk.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes, it never used to be a problem. Hell, I remember back in the day being able to walk through the mall and with a cigarette. The only thing off limits was the stores, and the movie theatre. At any rate, I stand by my belief that it should be up to the owners of those private establishments, with nothing more than a sign stating smoking is allowed on the premise...enter at your own risk.
I agree. This way smokers or non-smokers have the choice.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,464 times
Quote:
Many perfumes stink and some people wear way to much of it.
Many stink? Do you find soda tastes foul, or gum, or candy? "Many"? How about a "few". Yes, many people DO go overboard. Perhaps they are attempting to defend against the foul stench of burning tobacco!!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I agree. This way smokers or non-smokers have the choice.
Non-smokers, i.e. the vast majority, aka, the normal people, shouldn't have to chose between being assaulted or not, when excercising high-priority rights (Hint: using recreational drugs is NOT a high-prioirty right, in fact it is tertiary or lesser).

Smokers just have to understand that polluting the breathing air with toxic, foul effluent is not among the "choices" they will be allowed to make, as that choice inevitably violates the rights of others, wholesale.

Just follow the simple rule, keep you filthy stench to your filthy, stinking selves, and DON"T inflict it on others. Remember, also, it is toxic and addicting, and NOBODY except other smokers want to be assaulted by it. "stinking up the place" is no longer an option, much less "stinking up the place with toxic drug-effluent".

Old 03-25-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Many stink? Do you find soda tastes foul, or gum, or candy? "Many"? How about a "few". Yes, many people DO go overboard. Perhaps they are attempting to defend against the foul stench of burning tobacco!!
Or they could use perfume instead of a shower.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Non-smokers, i.e. the vast majority, aka, the normal people, shouldn't have to chose between being assaulted or not, when excercising high-priority rights (Hint: using recreational drugs is NOT a high-prioirty right, in fact it is tertiary or lesser).

Smokers just have to understand that polluting the breathing air with toxic, foul effluent is not among the "choices" they will be allowed to make, as that choice inevitably violates the rights of others, wholesale.

Just follow the simple rule, keep you filthy stench to your filthy, stinking selves, and DON"T inflict it on others. Remember, also, it is toxic and addicting, and NOBODY except other smokers want to be assaulted by it. "stinking up the place" is no longer an option, much less "stinking up the place with toxic drug-effluent".
You really have got to learn how to get along in with world with others. So sad that you don't like it that smokers have rights but that is how it is. Go live happily ever after in your bubble.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Or they could use perfume instead of a shower.
I can no longer even consider taking your posts seriously at this point.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
You really have got to learn how to get along in with world with others. So sad that you don't like it that smokers have rights but that is how it is. Go live happily ever after in your bubble.
You really have got to learn how to get along in with world with others. So sad that you don't like it that non-smokers have rights but that is how it is. Go live happily ever after in your cloiud of toxic stench, but keep your stench and your poison to yourself and your fellow nicotine addicts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies