Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 06:42 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Don't worry Obama has it all covered.

Obama meets with Redskins quarterback - The Hill's Twitter Roomhttps://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQ...nRF9pywJTEKw5Y

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-01-2013 at 03:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 02:22 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
3 words for anyone who think NK is the bad guy. WE STARTED IT!. The US is the problem and a bully. Using sanctions against countries they don't agree with,those are acts of war even if not violent,its acts of war. Exactly what led to Japan attacking Pearl Harbor.
If sanctions are an act of war, is the US justified in invading countries that won't sell it oil?

Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
If sanctions are an act of war, is the US justified in invading countries that won't sell it oil?
Were you replying to the member or the forum? Because the member is now a ghost.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:48 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
3 words for anyone who think NK is the bad guy. WE STARTED IT!. The US is the problem and a bully. Using sanctions against countries they don't agree with,those are acts of war even if not violent,its acts of war. Exactly what led to Japan attacking Pearl Harbor.
You really need to get your facts straight. First of all, WE didn't put the sanctions into place, the UN did. Secondly, they didn't just wake up one day and decide to slap sanctions on North Korea. They were put into place for a reason. One that North Korea could easily have avoided. It was result of what THEY did, and nobody else.

Let me guess - you think 9/11 happened because the US started it.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
I'm going to have to quote my favorite show Archer on this one.

"Relax. It's North Korea, the nation state equivalent of a short bus."
Great, just great Now I've got to get a towel and clean the coffee off my screen after it shot out my nose!

Last edited by jimj; 04-01-2013 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,462,453 times
Rodman for president.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:06 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You really need to get your facts straight. First of all, WE didn't put the sanctions into place, the UN did. Secondly, they didn't just wake up one day and decide to slap sanctions on North Korea. They were put into place for a reason. One that North Korea could easily have avoided. It was result of what THEY did, and nobody else.

Let me guess - you think 9/11 happened because the US started it.
the US has nothing to do with the UN? good to know.

who are we to tell countries what they can and can't have? we have idiots in ELECTED office talking about "preemptive strikes" because war is big business for some of these people:
The US military has deployed the 23rd Chemical Battalion to South Korea today, a group specifically equipped to deal with chemical and nuclear weapons attacks, in the wake of repeated threats to launch nuclear attacks by North Korea.

The US insists the deployment is “coincidental,” but with Congress openly talking up starting a war that seems certain to devastate the peninsula, jitters seem to be growing in South Korea, where the annual US-North Korea war threats are usually just ignored by the public.

Today though the attention being paid to the ever growing US arsenal entering the region is very real, and while no one thinks North Korea is likely to start anything, the chance of the US up and attacking them seems to be growing. (antiwar)

we never learn, do we?

I wonder how much this show of force (and aircraft dropping dummy bombs, etc.) is costing us, especially when we are allegedly under "sequester mode".

I call BS on the sequester.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:19 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
The military is now flying B-52's over North Korean to send the message.............We can reach out and touch you anytime we want to!

U.S. Flies B-52s Over Korea in Show of Power Against North - Bloomberg

Let the North Korean morons saber rattle at that!!!!
And they are.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:21 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

who are we to tell countries what they can and can't have? we have idiots in ELECTED office talking about "preemptive strikes" because war is big business for some of these people:
The US military has deployed the 23rd Chemical Battalion to South Korea today, a group specifically equipped to deal with chemical and nuclear weapons attacks, in the wake of repeated threats to launch nuclear attacks by North Korea.

The US insists the deployment is “coincidental,” but with Congress openly talking up starting a war that seems certain to devastate the peninsula, jitters seem to be growing in South Korea, where the annual US-North Korea war threats are usually just ignored by the public.

Today though the attention being paid to the ever growing US arsenal entering the region is very real, and while no one thinks North Korea is likely to start anything, the chance of the US up and attacking them seems to be growing. (antiwar)

we never learn, do we?

I wonder how much this show of force (and aircraft dropping dummy bombs, etc.) is costing us, especially when we are allegedly under "sequester mode".

I'm glad you're not in charge.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

we never learn, do we?

Let me ask you this, what would you do? What if we follow the ignore him line and he sets off a nuke in frustration that we're not believing him, what then?
If you think about it this is no different then someone walking up to you with a gun or a bomb in their hand and yelling "I'm going to kill you". Will they? Who knows but you can be assured that person would be going to jail and/or a nuthouse as threatening someone like that is illegal.
Is it your contention that threatening a whole nation is somehow ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies