Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
It is true that people in this country are slightly overweight, but aren't we discussing massive obesity? Massive obesity indicates illness. You're denying that, which leads me to think that you're not very well read and rather ignorant about the causes of morbid obesity. If you bothered to do a little inquiry, you would not be making the nonsense statements that you are about morbid obesity. For example, that the morbidly obese should be starved. Insane suggestion.
Study burns fat gene myth - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

And a stomach pain can be an illness too...does that mean someone who eats paint just to see what it taste like should gain society's sympathy?

Quote:
Now, if you're going to discuss the slight overweight of Americans, by all means let's do that. I wasn't born here, and I've lived in various countries, and had the opportunity to see the differences in lifestyles. The American lifestyle is conducive to bad health, bad eating habits, little if any exercise, tremendous amounts of stress, every one of which lead to overweight. Canada doesn't suffer from the same bad lifestyle problems the U.S. does. This country has horrifically bad lifestyle. In order to maintain health here, one must make gargantuan efforts - drive to a gym (with almost no time to spare), eat low calories (which isn't good to begin with), be able to afford better food (which isn't feasible for too many people in your country), etc. You're clearly in denial about the low quality of life in your country, and from what you keep posting, it's clear that for you it's a voluntary denial of reality.

No, losing weight is very simple. Just buy a slow cooker and cook your own meals. If it isn't raw when you buy it, don't buy it and start every day with a half and hour walk/run....last time I checked there was no charge for walking on the sidewalk

Or Jump rope for fifteen minutes or something. There is a reason boxers do it all the time. Or get a training tape or something. It's not that hard at all if people put the effort into it and don't expect instant gratification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
You are what you eat, and you live in a fake food society.
Absolutely!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,781 times
I had a friend who went on a hunger strike, and he told me that after a few days of not eating, you don't get hungry.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
No, losing weight is very simple. Just buy a slow cooker and cook your own meals. If it isn't raw when you buy it, don't buy it and start every day with a half and hour walk/run....last time I checked there was no charge for walking on the sidewalk

Or Jump rope for fifteen minutes or something. There is a reason boxers do it all the time. Or get a training tape or something. It's not that hard at all if people put the effort into it and don't expect instant gratification.
Yeah, abracadabra. Voila! Instant weight loss. Are you f kidding me? Where do you live?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,902,842 times
I used to drop off my wife at work in the morning. There were several disability parking spaces near the entrance to her office. Everyone of the spaces was occupied by drivers who were morbidly obese. They needed canes or walkers just to move from their cars to the building entrance.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:01 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Have you ever gone through food withdrawal?
There is nothing wrong with feeling hunger pangs. I think that some people try very hard never to feel the least bit hungry.

In light of America's obesity epidemic, more people need to feel hungry, not freak out at how it feels, and just wait patiently for the proper meal time before stuffing their mouths.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:48 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Yeah, abracadabra. Voila! Instant weight loss. Are you f kidding me? Where do you live?

So diet and exercise does not result in weigh loss? Really? Yes, eat better, eat less, and exercise more and anyone can lose weight. It is that simple. Today I saw some cakes at the supermarket that looked so good and I just remembered something someone told me: every craving you get is the last dying gasp of a fat cell. I just got some beans and rice instead and feel better for it.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:04 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,781 times
Quote:
You are what you eat, and you live in a fake food society.
And, a poisoned food society.

Poisons are persons- Donald Rumsfeld

Old 03-28-2013, 03:54 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Is a bad thyroid a survival tool?
I wonder that myself. Does it seem strange that some people just add fat without eating much. Could be a survival mechanism to keep preservation of the human race in times of famine. Get much more miles per gallon or calorie.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,211,396 times
Quote:
Who said instant? There are proven ways to lose weight. There are no proven effortless ways to lose weight. It is called personal discipline.

Expend more calories than you consume, and I guarantee you will lose weight. A friend of mine who is a doctor told me his guaranteed weight loss plan (not filtered to be PC like he has to be with patients). Ready for it? Eat less, exercise more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies