Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:20 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Well helene, if we don't point out to you just how utterly uninteresting & useless your threads are, we run the risk of you creating more threads. Although after thinking about it I'm guessing you will continue with these types of threads and posts despite us having pointed out the obvious to you.
lol.

That's a slap down?

Hardly. The only people who could possibly care are........... nobody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

You know it makes more sense to simply not participate in threads for which you have no meaningful contribution to make. Otherwise your posts just come off as the temper-tantrums that they are. .
Considering the source, this is way beyond hilarious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 09:23 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Well helene, if we don't point out to you just how utterly uninteresting & useless your threads are, we run the risk of you creating more threads. Although after thinking about it I'm guessing you will continue with these types of threads and posts despite us having pointed out the obvious to you.
*LMAO* Still can't engage with the actual topic of the thread, eh. Oh well, go on with your little emotional outbursts if it makes you feel better.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,704 times
Emotional outbursts, like government handouts, are for liberals. I'm simply stating a fact, one which I believe will be proven over time by the number of responses to this thread.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol.

That's a slap down?

Hardly. The only people who could possibly care are........... nobody.
And that's why you post on the thread. Uh huh.

It obviously bothers you and others on this thread when a successful company makes a point of supporting equality rather than bigotry. Why can't you just admit it or at least make a case for why Strobhar's critique was correct?

Capitalism and liberally social politics go together oh so nicely, don't they.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:33 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
http://christwire.org/2012/02/starbu...nking-the-gay/

Old 03-22-2013, 09:34 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
I don't have to boycott Starbucks. I never go there anyway!
and, I don't own any of there stock.
So, obviously, I don't care what they do or how much money they make or who they employ.

However, I have decided that I am in favor of homosexual marriage. Why, you may ask?
Well, for one thing, "marriage" is just a word, as is "civil union" and "common law marriage". It is pretty much meaningless in the world of today.
Secondly, I think it is great that homosexuals will now have to get a DIVORCE! Yep, no more just going their separate ways, they have to get attorneys, argue about property settlements, discuss alimony and child support, pay the fees, all the stuff heteros have been doing for years! I think it is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!
In fact, I heard that a homosexual couple in California who had been together for 30 years, and was one of the first such couples to get married there, was filing for divorce within a year! I guess they couldn't take the total commitment that came with marriage! Again, HILARIOUS!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Emotional outbursts, like government handouts, are for liberals.
All evidence that you have provided to the contrary.

Quote:
I'm simply stating a fact, one which I believe will be proven over time by the number of responses to this thread.
You are stating a knee-jerk reaction, one rooted in the biases of your political ideology.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Yes, it must just be horrible to work for Microsoft, Berkshire Hathaway or Starbucks, in particular, where even part time employees qualify for healthcare coverage.
Yeah almost as horrible as working on some slave labor assembly line in China making iPads, funny how you cherry picked a few situations you seem to agree with which again proves my point.

Liberals, where illogical and irresponsible meets and breeds.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Liberals, where illogical and irresponsible meets and breeds.

funny that most people who accept Federal Dollars (handouts) are poor conservatives. OR did you you think that most of people who live in the South and Southwest are liberal democrats.

And of course your post has nothing to do with the thread.

The thread is about a company president telling a stock holder to **** off ,and that he is free to sell his shares if he doesn't like the company's policy about treating everyone equally.

I don't know about you, but treating EVERYONE equally, no matter if they are gay, straight, Transgendered, black, white, asian, male or female, seems to be the common sense thing to do.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:47 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
funny that most people who accept Federal Dollars (handouts) are poor conservatives. OR did you you think that most of people who live in the South and Southwest are liberal democrats.

And of course your post has nothing to do with the thread.

The thread is about a company president telling a stock holder to **** off ,and that he is free to sell his shares if he doesn't like the company's policy about treating everyone equally.

I don't know about you, but treating EVERYONE equally, no matter if they are gay, straight, Transgendered, black, white, asian, male or female, seems to be the common sense thing to do.
What do your bogus stats on Federal dollars have to do with this thread?

My point, which has been made a few times already, is that liberals will openly attack the ultra rich corporations and their owners unless of course they say or do something that's seen to be slightly liberal and then it's a love fest.

Make no mistake, I'm 100% behind treating all people fairly and I'm also 100% behind what this man said/how he treated this stock holder. I just found it funny that a liberal would openly praise a millionaire CEO when any other day of the week that same man would be attacked by liberals for being a 1%er who takes advantage of other people to create his own great wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies