Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 07:59 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Here is an old list for you so you can easily check to see if each one was really a lie.

Jon Stewart's PolitiFact segment: The annotated edition | PolitiFact
Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz? Politifact? That's your idea of unbiased sources?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:02 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Posted without comment, FWIW:

Sure Bundy is a ‘Racist’? Edited Video of ‘Racist’ Comments vs. Full Video of What He Actually Said

Old 04-28-2014, 08:02 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz? Politifact? That's your idea of unbiased sources?
Wow, you are amazing. You managed to go through that entire list in 2 minutes to prove each one of those lies to be wrong. I am really impressed sir, bravo.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:11 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
The opinion and commentary they have on there leans right, but in my opinion their hard news coverage is excellent and is as balanced and untainted as you'll find anywhere.
That is one of the problems. Too much of the time our news becomes entertainment, with all the networks and cable channels focus on the same few news articles, to get ratings. When is the last time they did investigative reporting on what our government is doing, or rather not doing? most times the news will just read dictation given to it from government. When is the last time you saw a report on the poverty and homelessness in this country?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:23 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Color me shocked. nice deflection though, we all know MSNBC is just as bad as Fox News, which is why no one should be watching any of these 24hr news channels.
Many of you defend MSNBC.

I don't watch a lot of TV news at all but, when I do, it's likely to be Fox. Why? Because it's usually in the evenings when I'm trying to relax and it feels good to have my own views validated rather than challenged. I know it's biased though and it's far from my main news source.

OTOH, on a broader philosophical level my views don't match up with those of some conservatives. I'm more a conservative due to my assessment of reality than philosophical reasons. I also have some liberal stances. Some of the conservatives on in the evenings do say things that I disagree with sometimes. Occasionally they say things that upset me and I decide to stop watching.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:24 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
It's not like they can lie about what they are saying in the politically correct a society.
Political correctness doesn't prevent lying.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:27 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

I don't watch a lot of TV news at all but, when I do, it's likely to be Fox. Why? Because it's usually in the evenings when I'm trying to relax and it feels good to have my own views validated rather than challenged. I know it's biased though and it's far from my main news source.
that's scary...

Old 04-28-2014, 08:28 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

OTOH, on a broader philosophical level my views don't match up with those of some conservatives. I'm more a conservative due to my assessment of reality than philosophical reasons. I also have some liberal stances. Some of the conservatives on in the evenings do say things that I disagree with sometimes. Occasionally they say things that upset me and I decide to stop watching.
Well congratulations, you now can say you know a liberal that doesn't defend MSNBC.

Fox News helps your relax in the evenings? I find that hard to believe because any time I flip past that channel it looks like a horrible disaster must have just happened that killed millions of Americans. The Fox News graphics are extremely stressful for the human brain, which is a fear tactic that they use that works really well putting their viewers in a sense of fear for the impending destruction.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:28 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
that's scary...
Why? I watch it knowing it's biased and get the vast majority of my news from other sources.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
of course fox news is biased to the right. anyone who thinks otherwise cannot be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies