Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You've said all that already. Several times. We get it. You think Wal-Mart is dirty and unhappy.

Question: If you don't go there, how do you know all this silliness?

And why on earth do you care if the guy stocking cauliflower is happy? It has nothing to do with you.

Lotsa luck surrounding yourself with happy little elves and fairies. When I shop, I want to get in and out as quickly as possible. I don't go shopping in the hopes of making a new BFF in the employee lounge. It never occurred to me to consider going to Wal-Mart a social adventure.

Hilarious that someone who thinks green beans at Wal-Mart are dirty but will buy off Craig's List. How weird is that?

Gotta repeat this. It's too good to miss:
Stop being a fool. I live on planet earth, that's why. I walk in with others, that's why. It's like the f____g monster that has destroyed little businesses and practically the only f_____g store left in this f______g cowboy town, that's why. But oh yeah, you love that kind of thing. I forgot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Stop being a fool. I live on planet earth, that's why. I walk in with others, that's why. It's like the f____g monster that has destroyed little businesses and practically the only f_____g store left in this f______g cowboy town, that's why. But oh yeah, you love that kind of thing. I forgot.
I'm pretty sure I see an exploding head!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm pretty sure I see an exploding head!
LOL! Well, maybe. You get the message - I hate Walmart and I sure hate illiterate, ignorant Republican towns.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
What does Walmart have to do with right or left wing? Either shop there or somewhere else, depending on your preference.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,379 times
Quote:
Don't be daft. I do what I can. Your roundabout suggestion that if I'm unhappy with corporations I should just completely drop out of society and not fight it, is purely nuts. I fight the system everywhere I can fight the system, and will continue to do so, whether you like it or not. Anywhere I can't fight it, I don't, but you bet you're crazy behind I fight it where I can. You don't seem very happy about that. Dude, go to your fridge and pull out that six-pack of Bud, it might help you deal with this better. You sure aren't dealing well with it right now.
what i hear is "i will fight the system whenever its fashionable to do so"

Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
LOL! Well, maybe. You get the message - I hate Walmart and I sure hate illiterate, ignorant Republican towns.
Well, you only hate them until you don't. Right? Or you shop there when you have to, but still hate them? Does that mean you really hate them, or only hate them sometimes?

Liberal logic sure is confusing.......

Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Looks like Walmart can no longer afford to pay their workers poverty wages:

Customers Flee Wal-Mart Empty Shelves for Target, Costco - Yahoo! Finance
Around here, the typical walmart employee is exactly what you paid for...arguably the bottom of the barrell.

They can't help you, can't answer questions....the place is really my choice of last resort.

Costco on the other hand is a gem. They pay well though and it shows in the quality of their workers.

However, it looks like some of the problems being noted are more in line with staffing etc.

It's a company that squeezes every possible nickle out of their employees, their suppliers, the community....I wouldn't want to work for them in ANY capacity....I've heard bad things about thier corporate operations too.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:16 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What does Walmart have to do with right or left wing? Either shop there or somewhere else, depending on your preference.
Agreed.

I don't like the place but they are an inviting political target because they are a big corporation with lots of low paid employees. They'd get hit harder but the Clintons have ties to them and so they can't line em up in the cross-hairs like say Koch bros.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:52 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
What I hear is, "I'll drag my misery everywhere I go and blame someone else."

Old 03-28-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Nope. I already said it. I fight them where I can, and where I can't, I screw them some other way. However, you don't like me saying that. You'd prefer to find fault. So now it's your turn. Spew whatever you will, and I'll come back to correct you as always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies