Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 01:13 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Should have been charged with attempted murder.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda....the guy will be out on the streets in less than 4 years and our resident haters of gays and women don't want the govt. to be able to end his killing spree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
By Terms of SERVICE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO STAY ON TOPIC. YOU ARE NOT
Decaf Coffee

Old 03-28-2013, 01:21 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Wow, you are scared of people applying laws relating to people that tested positive to a disease....to people that don't have the disease. Do you have trouble sleeping at night for fear of being given a speeding ticket while lying in your bed?

Also, what if the police officer makes 29k per year? What then?
Why reply to you you are just trolling and acting immature. You have in for me since you got called out by the mods yesterday for calling me an idiot. Go somewhere else and act juvenile.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Why reply to you you are just trolling and acting immature. You have in for me since you got called out by the mods yesterday for calling me an idiot. Go somewhere else and act juvenile.
That's off topic.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
That's off topic.
Pegged your trolling didn't i!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Pegged your trolling didn't i!
Actually I just thought it was funny watching you go off topic not long after complaining about it.

I've made a number of valid points in this thread, I'm still waiting to hear back how there is a danger that police will use this law to run people out of town that are not infected with any disease. I mean, why wait for the law and just threaten to arrest people for murder without there being a dead body?

I'd also love to hear why you don't want the guy quarantined that had sex with thousands trying to give them HIV.

Tough questions, I can see why you just want to cry "trolling" instead of answering them.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Actually I just thought it was funny watching you go off topic not long after complaining about it.

I've made a number of valid points in this thread, I'm still waiting to hear back how there is a danger that police will use this law to run people out of town that are not infected with any disease. I mean, why wait for the law and just threaten to arrest people for murder without there being a dead body?

I'd also love to hear why you don't want the guy quarantined that had sex with thousands trying to give them HIV.

Tough questions, I can see why you just want to cry "trolling" instead of answering them.
Wake up greg1. I gave you an example a few posts ago.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
What I'd also like to know is whether those of you who favor this proposal also think that the state, once it has successfully quarantined HIV patients, should also pay for their medical treatment.
But, of course! Absolutely.

They can receive palliative care....how about that?

Note: Palliative Adjective (of a treatment or medicine) Relieving pain or alleviating a problem without dealing with the underlying cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So if we're going to quarantine people with HIV for the greater good, both in terms of cost and lives, isn't that also a strong case for quarantining people who have the flu?
Wow, the silliness is staggering.

Influenza is not at epidemic levels.

You don't drag Influenza around for life like luggage.

Quarantine is just one facet of social engineering that yields a public benefit. Not only does it stop the epidemic dead in its tracks, but it also serves as a possible deterrent those who self-inflict.

There are alternatives acceptable to me.

A tattoo of a red letter "H" on their foreheads. That would warn everyone, and people could chose to associate with them....or not.

Registration and licensing would be another. Make them pay through the nose to register annually...or perhaps pay through the anus to register nasally. That would help keep tabs on the spread of the epidemic.

Taxes. The federal government automatically garnishees their wages...everything after the first $125 for 26 weeks and then the State takes everything after the first $125 for the next 26 weeks. The money would be used to offset the tremendous cost to society that HIV/AIDs people foist upon us...that would include education, training, "awareness" (snicker), plus help defray medical costs, because HIV/AIDs people use up medical resources disproportionately.

I'm a firm believer in taxing the end user: user fees, user pays, etc etc.

Quote:
There have been people that got HIV from a blood transfusion. Are they as bad as those others you villify?
Uh, I addressed that in Point #5.....

5] The end result of this series of illegal, unethical and immoral acts has caused innocent persons to be subjected to a deadly disease for which there is no cure and which is extraordinarily costly to treat, against their will.

Your hypocrisy leaves a foul stench about you. It's perfectly acceptable in infect others with HIV/AIDs without their knowledge or consent, and against their will, but you balk at quarantining people with HIV/AIDs.

A special tax on HIV/AIDs carriers to compensate innocent victims is certainly justified.

Quote:
Who tainted that blood?
They don't get it. I'm guess they think the HIV/AIDs Fairy came down and waived her magic wand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Unfortunately this should have been done when the outbreak first occurred, now it's all a little too late.
It's never too late.

Quote:
LIberals aren't at all worried about our FBI director saying the government has the right to kill US citizens without trial but get upset when a firefighter who is bled on wants to find out if the bleeder is HIV positive. Makes no sense.
Of course it makes sense....they're Liberals. Whatever the government does is good. If the government says that everyone should have a bowl of HIV/AIDs soup, Liberals would be all over that, wanting to tax The Richâ„¢ to fund this very beneficial social welfare program bestowed upon us by Our Governmentâ„¢.

Socially....

Mircea

Old 03-28-2013, 05:01 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,466,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
But, of course! Absolutely.

They can receive palliative care....how about that?

Note: Palliative Adjective (of a treatment or medicine) Relieving pain or alleviating a problem without dealing with the underlying cause.
In other words, you believe HIV should be an automatic death sentence.

Does this apply to other preventable causes of death?

Does it apply to lung cancer caused by smoking?

Does it apply to heart disease?

Does it apply to other transmissible, potentially fatal diseases like Hepatitis C or syphilis?

Or does it only apply to HIV? And if so, what is your rationale for singling out people with HIV for premature death?

Last edited by pch1013; 03-28-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies