Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 27 67.50%
No 13 32.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 04:55 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Polygamy will absolutely destroy society. Under polygamy, alpha males will monopolize women. Beta males will have no chance to marry and raise a family. With no opportunity to invest in society, the majority of men will have no incentive to be civilized. Monogamy has been a cornerstone of Western Civilization and must be protected at all costs.

Now that I see the majority of pro-gay marriage are pro-polygamy I am now anti-gay marriage with a passion, even if I had little opinion on it previously.
Lets get this straight. The majority of pro-gay marriage are pro multi-partner? What is this saying? Is it saying that straight people who support gay marriage are all adulterous? Is it saying that gays in general are not faithful to one partner and that open gay marriage might be the norm? This does not look good.

In a nut shell... Straight Liberal supporters of gay marriage really don't believe in monogamous life time relationships. I can see why they support gay marriage- the reality might be that they really have no respect for marriage to begin with...The whole thing is now starting to make sense...Gay marriage supporters are actually anti-marriage....This is worse than I thought. This might be about getting rid of monogamy all together and society will become one huge free for all orgy?

Old 03-30-2013, 05:08 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I think it is. The issue about marriage now is that straight couples can marry and gay couples can't. Polygamy is not allowed for straight or gay couples. Bringing polygamy into the gay marriage debate doesn't make sense. That said, I don't have a problem with polygamy between different sexes or same sexes.
So people can marry, but they have to follow the rules as to how many they can marry?

Yep, another idiotic public double standard.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:10 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
You are ignoring the results of this poll. It won't stop at same sex marriage.
You're arguing a slippery slope argument. It's a logical fallacy and doesn't hold up.

This is exactly along the lines of thinking that those against interracial marriages were saying way back when. Maybe different flavor, but same idea.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:35 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Being familiar with the bible I know that polygamy was okay with god.

Of course, unlike most opponents of marriage equality, I don't consider the bible a guide to either morality or law.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:22 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,704 times
Default go ahead.... open the can of.....

Why limit things to two? Have you not heard of trouples? And why stop there?

"A trouple is three (or more) adult people in a consensual, intimate relationship."

Old 03-30-2013, 06:50 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Who to marry is different from how many to marry.
Nope both are moral issues

Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Nope both are moral issues
If same sex marriage is immoral to you, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:57 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Who to marry is different from how many to marry.
Why?

Old 03-30-2013, 07:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Polygamy will absolutely destroy society. Under polygamy, alpha males will monopolize women. Beta males will have no chance to marry and raise a family. With no opportunity to invest in society, the majority of men will have no incentive to be civilized. Monogamy has been a cornerstone of Western Civilization and must be protected at all costs.

Now that I see the majority of pro-gay marriage are pro-polygamy I am now anti-gay marriage with a passion, even if I had little opinion on it previously.
Exactly. Females and males are born at a roughly 50-50 rate. They're not born at a rate of 10 to 1. I hadn't even thought about that till you mentioned it.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:19 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:

ACTUALLY, if you do a study of polygamists in the U.S., you will find that polygamists in the U.S. are the most anti-gay people in this country. They're completely against gays, gay marriage, gay freedom. Polygamists believe that heterosexuality is the right thing (even though polygamists themselves are total perverts and abusers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies