Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 12:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,231,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Nothing wrong with men loving each other or women doing the same, so long as the love does not involve romance or sex.
It's none of your business unless you are one of the people in the relationship.

8,732 posts, read 6,789,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh I don't need that to be mocked on the entire internet, I get that now because i am a gun owner.

But I don't see me getting taped to a tree in this or the next life time wearing a dress.

The make up is another thing. I can wear more make up in a 12 hour day than any 2 American females can in a year.

That ain't Al Jolson
Oh my. A gun. Makes you one tough dude huh? From your posts, I think it's safe to assume that you overthink as to "the man you are", or more to the point, the man you think you are.

491 posts, read 373,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The problem is not them, it is you. You proclaimed that homosexuals are "deviants" in the first post. You now proclaim that your morals are superior and they are not "normal."

I contend that someone who is intolerant of those that are different is not morally superior and is not the standard by which normal is judged.
Pedophiles are different than me and presumably you.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:56 PM

30,383 posts, read 51,996,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If "they're (heteros) doing it, it's OK for us" is that the mentality?
Nope, and please don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was "okay" for either side, but then again, I don't really care or spend time worrying about other people's love lives... so if Kim K wants to get married, then get pregnant with another man, that is really none of my business. How is it yours?

I was only saying for those who claim GAYS are "destroying the sanctity of marriage," they might want to fix their own people's issues before pointing fingers at others - so basically, the exact opposite of what you claim I meant.

Quote:
Is it hard to grasp that all of that destroys the sanctity of marriage? (I know, most of you don't care about "sanctity" and don't even understand the concept.)
See above. But quite frankly, no, I don't care about the "sanctity" of a marriage contract. Am I less in love if my boyfriend and I don't have that piece of paper? If not, why is that piece of paper so sacred? I couldn't care less about marriage either way, but to each his/her own.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,267,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
More proof the baby boom generation is the most self centered to date in America. No concern for posterity it's all about them.

Younger Americans will have to spend our lifetime cleaning up their mess. Gay marriage just adds to the list.
Well, seeing as how 81% of young people under thirty support marriage equality, apparently they're not too concerned about it being a mess that will have to be cleaned up.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Are you so fragile, that you can't even see something that you personally disagree with, without assaulting someone too?
When did I assault someone?

I have been arrested, but never for assault.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, seeing as how 81% of young people under thirty support marriage equality, apparently they're not too concerned about it being a mess that will have to be cleaned up.
Thank goodness that I am over 30.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:00 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,231,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
When did I assault someone?

I have been arrested, but never for assault.
Sorry, I was comparing your statement to another who said that gays PDA "would get a painful lesson" from him.

How does anyone kissing their S/O harm you in any way?

Old 03-29-2013, 01:01 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,267,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Well... I'd like to hear you say that to a woman whose husband took off with some woman he's boinking, and she's having to raise her child by herself or with the help of her family. Wonderful and fulfilling experience of having a PARENT, that's what you should be worried about. Why aren't you is what I don't get.
Yes......which is exactly what happened in my case.

My ex left the family when our youngest was four months old to take up with someone he met on the internet and I was left to raise our three sons on my own.

At least now I get the opportunity to look at the three fine young men who I raised by myself (and who all support marriage equality, by the way) and take pride in the fact that they are who they are more because of me than because of their father, who they saw a couple of times a month - if that (my youngest hasn't seen his father since Christmas).

Old 03-29-2013, 01:02 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What a knob. The poster said nothing about a 6 year old knowing about gay sex. "Gay" by definition is not "gay sex". No more than "hetrosexual" by definition is "hetrosexual sex".
Careful you may get an infraction.

So, the classification of homosexuality has nothing to do with sex? LOL!!!!!

BTW, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the word "hetrosexual" does not exist in the English language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies