Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 01:19 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,286,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
I think most people do not have the ability to use critical thinking skills. They never question, or think about the larger picture or ramifications when discussing a topic. Part of the reason for this is, the media does the thinking for most people. They frame the issue for the general public, and most (who lack critical thinking abilities) simply accept it. Another problematic fact is, most of the networks are owned by the same entities, so there's no diversity of thought with respect to much of the content.

No one is allowed to voice opposition to homosexuality, or speak up for traditional families any more. For this reason, I stopped watching the mainstream media years ago.
Then that is your choice. But your kids are aware of it and maybe since you have established your point of view, don't mention if they might disagree with you. And nobody is telling you not to have a 'traditional' family.

The couple I most admire because they got together the same time I got married and are still happy and together, where I haven't even spoken to the jerk in ten years, is a lesbian couple. I would have given anything for it to be like that with my husband since it *was* real, but life moves on sometimes you just can't move on with them. But the really happy people I see are those where you did, whatever sex anyone is.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:21 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,742,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Also, men kiss men and so do women kiss women in many countries, including the USA, but they don't do it in a sexual or romantic manner.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bjVjNlkwtQQ/SXV4nQHGO0I/AAAAAAAAFjA/a6TFzjztugY/s400/bush+arab+kiss.jpg

Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,990,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It's none of your business unless you are one of the people in the relationship.
Ahh now were are getting some where.... That's is what i want, and not in public, on tv and or so called wardrobe malfunctions.

I make clothing and sew myself from hats to mocs and everything between and never once has my clothing had a wardrobe malfunction.

I have made dresses and skirts for my WIFE, she even wore one of the skirts when we MARRIED, and she wore deer skin mocs on her feet that days as did I, with leather breeches and a white trade shirt i made with a green weskit (vest)

I make moccasin boots too, leggins and assorted other and my work doesn't have malfunctions.

I wouldn't sew except I can't but this stuff in Walmart.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,742,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Ahh now were are getting some where.... That's is what i want, and not in public, on tv and or so called wardrobe malfunctions.

I make clothing and sew myself from hats to mocs and everything between and never once has my clothing had a wardrobe malfunction.

I have made dresses and skirts for my WIFE, she even wore one of the skirts when we MARRIED, and she wore deer skin mocs on her feet that days as did I, with leather breeches and a white trade shirt i made with a green weskit (vest)

I make moccasin boots too, leggins and assorted other and my work doesn't have malfunctions.

From now on, I'm going to think of you sitting at the sewing machine.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
That's wonderful, Cinebar!! See? You're the main parent, one parent, and you've done what you had to, to bring up those sons well. I'm sure it was hard, but you did it. There goes the argument of all these anti-gayers in here who are saying one needs 1 male and 1 female to raise children. Throughout history there have been all kinds of people raising children, for all kinds of reasons - people that lost a spouse to death, people who have been left by the spouse, people who aren't even the parents (grandparents), but the anti-gayers have this mind set in stone that they ignore real life and what happens in it. They've made up their mind that it's got to be 1 male and 1 female and they think that fantasy world of theirs is reality.
I'm afraid that I came across like I was patting myself on the back in that post and that's really not what I was trying to do.

The point I was trying to make is that millions of kids have been successfully raised without the so-called "benefits" of a father - either by single women like myself or by two women.

Such as this young man:

Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube

I know most of us have already seen that video, but I think it's important to re-post it from time to time.

And he's just one example.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:25 PM

491 posts, read 373,770 times
Quote:
When I was a wee lad my dad used to kiss me good night, and when my son was a wee lad i used to kiss him good night.

A few years ago now we were out riding motorcycles for the day. I ride a fat, longer than a HD Road King, Kawi Nomad and he rides a head down ass up gixxer.

When we parted we stopped and i gave my son a hug, which happened to be in front of 2 gals on Sportsters and my son rode off not catching that glare..

I winked at these 2 gals, and said it's ok he's my son, which caused them to smile in a different relaxed way.

That's it for me kissing males.

Not everyone is going to accept this BS. it is what it is....
I mean hugging and kissing a member of the same gender in a romantic manner.

I have hugged men recently, and can say that I love those individuals, and I am sure that my dad kissed me when I was young. Those are different expressions of affectiion from gay relationships.

4 women hugged me last night. That was awesome.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I raised mine completely on my own with no child support and he's a wonderful young man. He just got his Class 1 license to drive the big rigs.
I must warn him to stay away from Mac_Muz's neck of the woods...what with all the gay rape going on and all....
Strange that Mac Muz hangs out at truck stops, don't you think?

Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
You are wrong about some things.
You haven't shown me to be anywhere on this thread.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:31 PM

491 posts, read 373,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, I am well over the age of thirty, I am part of the 58% overall who support it, and I'm thrilled to be here to see it happen.
You must me older than me, and likely old enough to be my parent.

My generation is going to undo the mess that your generation made.

Aren't you glad that if you had kids, that you did?

Old 03-29-2013, 01:31 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times
Quote:

You can buy your own TV station and make the rules for that station, but you can not tell other citizens how to behave when they are committing no crime. Why are you bringing up nipplegate? That was a heterosexual, and the FCC fined the network i think.

Get over it.

What tribe are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.