Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:37 PM

26,471 posts, read 15,057,355 times

Advertisements

#1 People have changed their minds on the issue over time.

#2 Politicians are politicians = they need to say false things to get votes.

Does anyone really believe that Obama sincerely was:
A) for gay marriage as a state senator of a liberal district
B) then evolved to be against gay marriage when he ran for US senator and had to appeal statewide at a time when most were against it
C) then evolved back to his first position for gay marriage at the precise moment when the country was shifting above 50% support?

Politicians will be politicians.

I don't see how gay marriage would hurt society. Why should we ban it?

Old 03-28-2013, 08:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
we will continue to follow our religons and if you don't like it move to Sweden where you and the rest of your gay terrorists can make your gay "utopia". (till the Muslims take over)
No I like our constitution. I think I will stay right here. You seem to be the one with issues regarding our laws.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Still wrong, because the poster said nothing about wanting to force religious people out of the country.

That idea was most likely grabbed out of the air by a mentally addled five year old.
my religion says I can't help a gay "wedding" and neither can other jews (This is infinitely more important then your life). Now comes along a gay terrorist and says close shop or leave the country. and I'm not supposed to compare him to a NAZI?

Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
I was upset with the backlash over Rob Portman. Anybody who evolves on the issue is appreciated, regardless of their political stripes.
I've evolved from being against counterfeit "marriages" to strongly against counterfeit "marriages" when I saw that gay terrorist are trying to use counterfeit "marriages" to destroy religion and religious people.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No I like our constitution. I think I will stay right here. You seem to be the one with issues regarding our laws.
like all gay terrorists you don't seem to like thew first amendment.

Lenin would be proud of you

Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times
Quote:
my religion says I can't help a gay "wedding" and neither can other jews (This is infinitely more important then your life). Now comes along a gay terrorist and says close shop or leave the country. and I'm not supposed to compare him to a NAZI?
Except I know plenty of jews that disagree with your standpoint.

Also, nobody is saying "close up shop or leave the country". Nobody in earnest, anyways.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Your religion is more important than another humans life? That is one sick and twisted religion.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,564 times
If you don't agree with gay marriage then do not marry someone of the same sex. Problem solved.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
like all gay terrorists you don't seem to like thew first amendment.

Lenin would be proud of you
You have freedom to practice your religion as you please, as long as it does not have any effect on other peoples rights.

Your religion has nothing to do with running a business. If running a business and following the laws of this country harm your religion, then you can choose not to run a business. You could also have a member only business.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Flashback: Remember when Democrats swore they opposed same-sex marriage? « Hot Air

Video at link.

And get this quote from non other than Hillary Clinton:

" I take umbrage at anyone who might suggest that those of us who worry about amending the Constitution are less committed to the sanctity of marriage, or the fundamental bedrock principle that it exists between a man and a woman going back into the mists of history, as one of the founding foundational institutions of history and humanity and civilization, and that its primary, principle role during those millennia has been the raising and socializing of children for the society in which they are to become adults.”

So much from principles. Those that can change fundamental beliefs so easily for political reasons are frauds and the worst kind of people to have in DC. You either have principles and beliefs that you stand by and don't change for political benefit or you don't.
Yes, a tiny out of context snippet from a speech she gave in the Senate in 2004 while debating the Federal Marriage Amendment, a proposal that sought to prohibit same-sex marriage. Clinton voted against the amendment.

Ridiculous thread fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies