Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:05 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,587,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
You must be a Kruschev fan.
He had a way with a shoe, I have to admit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 09:12 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,835,901 times
Sorry, the adjuncts aren't comrades. They are just there in limbo - eating crumbs off the academic (worlds) table. Thats the way it is for them and generally always has been. Sad to say, your dog or cat is probably treated better.

Basically, this entire thread is a non-issue.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:16 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,883,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Sorry, the adjuncts aren't comrades. They are just there in limbo - eating crumbs off the academic (worlds) table. Thats the way it is for them and generally always has been. Sad to say, your dog or cat is probably treated better.

Basically, this entire thread is a non-issue.
I just think it is interesting hearing a liberal confirm they don't give a **** about anybody.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I just think it is interesting hearing a liberal confirm they don't give a **** about anybody.
Call me Mother Frickin Theresa and give my whiskery cheek a kiss.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,629,162 times
Quote:
Ah, so they are expendable.
How noble of you comrade to throw your fellows under the bus.
Quote:
You don't believe in personal responsibility? Professional adjuncts often seek masters or Ph.D.'s in already glutted areas of study. Then because they can't get Ph.D.'s or a tenure-track position, they choose to become adjuncts because they want to stay in academia in some way and administrators are more than happy to use/exploit their cheap labor.

Why anyone would subject themselves to being an adjunct is beyond me. But I respect their right to choose to do so.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You don't believe in personal responsibility? Professional adjuncts often seek masters or Ph.D.'s in already glutted areas of study. Then because they can't get Ph.D.'s or a tenure-track position, they choose to become adjuncts because they want to stay in academia in some way and administrators are more than happy to use/exploit their cheap labor.

Why anyone would subject themselves to being an adjunct is beyond me. But I respect their right to choose to do so.
What difference does it make what I believe in?
I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of others

Old 03-29-2013, 09:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,629,162 times
Quote:
What difference does it make what I believe in?
I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of others
That hypocrisy is a product of your own imagination and lack of knowledge about academia.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:25 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,835,901 times
This adjunct situation has been in existence for many, many years in the academic world. Long before the liberal/conservative divide that exists in the US today.

It simply isn't an issue for you to exploit.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
It simply isn't an issue for you to exploit.
Oh, come on - don't be cruel. He thinks he's getting somewhere, the poor guy.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
That hypocrisy is a product of your own imagination and lack of knowledge about academia.
I don't think so.
You are talking about a merit based system which you don't realize is incompatible with the mess we call ObamaCare.

No conflict on my side - yea the lemmings deserve what they get, but that should be anathema to those who support socialized medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies