Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:56 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
How am I supposed to not get fined by the HOA if my lawnmower is taken?
You bought a place where you have to put up with an HOA? What an incredibly foolish thing to do, IMO. I would NEVER live in such a place.
You have a problem, to be sure. But, it is YOUR problem, created by YOU!
Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 07:03 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
I am all in favor of banning lawn mowers. We should let the government take care of mowing our grass. It will save our children. I know from personal experience. When I was 9 years old I cut my finger off with a lawn mower.

Save The Children.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:21 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I am all in favor of banning lawn mowers. We should let the government take care of mowing our grass. It will save our children. I know from personal experience. When I was 9 years old I cut my finger off with a lawn mower.

Save The Children.
No,no,no. We don't need to ban lawn mowers. We need to regulate their use via licensing, required insurance and lawn mowers education classes. In addition, we should have periodic mowing checkpoints to insure no one is mowing under the influence. And we for sure need child safety seats for those riding ones. Yep, that'll make it perfectly safe to mow the lawn.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:58 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I take it you're more careful with your guns than with your spelling?

BTW, just for my amusement, can you give an approximate number of attacks on persons using lawn mowers over the past year?
Lawn Mower Accidents Are the Leading Cause of Major Amputations for Children Under 10 - Amputee Coalition

Quote:
Lawn mower accidents cause serious injuries to legs, arms, fingers, toes or other body parts. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 200,000 people – around 16,000 of them under age 19 – were treated for lawn mower-related injuries in 2007. More than 600 children undergo amputations each year as the result of lawn mower-related injuries. For children under age 10, major limb loss is most commonly caused by lawn mowers.

“In 2010, we want to see the number of accidents greatly reduced by increasing public awareness of lawn mower safety. Amputations from lawn mower accidents are among the most preventable,” says Kendra Calhoun, president & CEO of the Amputee Coalition of America. “The statistics on childhood amputations caused by lawn mower accidents are shocking. By following commonsense safety rules, you can prevent lawn mower injuries to yourself and others. Taking proper precautions with lawn-mowing equipment is critical.”
Ask and you shall receive. We need to do something! Think of all the innocent babies.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:00 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Well, dang! Here I try to be sarcastic and cynical, and it turns out to be TRUE!
In fact, lawn mowers may be worse than guns for childhood injuries!

Obviously, there is only one thing to do, all things considered (injuries, water quality, air pollution, etc.)
We MUST begin lobbying our Senators and Congresspersons to require that ALL lawns be covered in artificial turf (That will require a government subsidy program, as most homeowners can't afford it on their own; AND it will create jobs!), then outlaw all rotary mowers. Reel type mowers can be allowed, IF a certified instructor signs off on the Operator's Certificate (driver license). (MORE job creation; instructors to certify instructors to teach the homeowners and issue certificates; along with the supporting bureaucracy to ensure it is all done correctly!)
A win-win-win if there ever was one!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
The father is a lazy fool.

Maybe there should be a law passed to prevent stupid lazy people from having sit down lawn mowers for a yard so small a golden retriever could cross it in one leap.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,833 times
Poor little girl, she must have told daddy she wasn't sure if she believed in God or not and he had a fit of rage!

Old 04-17-2013, 02:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Interventionism, takes my freedoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies