Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:12 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times

Advertisements

I tend to agree when it comes to a fair amount of Republicans. I guess its only free speech if a Rightwinger says it.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well I don't think all Republicans are stupid and racist, but they seem to like to hang out with those folks, when is serves their purpose.

Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

I am disgusted with Republicans these days, with good reason.
They seem to flock to the internet. Ever read the comments on youtube or online forums??

Old 04-13-2013, 01:14 AM

510 posts, read 430,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
They seem to flock to the internet. Ever read the comments on youtube or online forums??
All I see on Youtube are comments from Democrats about how evil old white people are. Thankfully they're democrats so technically they can't be racists, but still it's a little disconcerting from the perspective of a white person who will be old some day.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well I don't think all Republicans are stupid and racist, but they seem to like to hang out with those folks, when is serves their purpose.

Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

I am disgusted with Republicans these days, with good reason.

I'm disgusted by people that think we actually have two parties of different thought, Republican & Democrat.

Progressive Politics is a cancer.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
So let me get this straight.

You so-called "free market" conservatives have a problem with what is being said at a private university?

And you call Obama Marxist.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:34 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
First and foremost the Republicans are the party of the hyper wealthy. Secondly they are the party of the moderately wealthy. Thirdly they are overwhelmingly older white males that wonder where their privilege went. These people do not like current reality where many of the voters are relatively poor, non white and realize that they have been exploited by rich white men since the beginning of time.

The political problem for the Republican Party is the demographic and wealth distribution of the country is changing and they party is not. I expect the Republican Party to fade away and the Democratic Party to split into the financial wing of rich democrats and another party of the rest of us. The wealthy wing will protect privilege and low taxes on the wealthy and the other side will push for lower taxes on the non-wealthy and such things a Universal Health Care that does not include the private insurance companies. I will be in that wing of the Democratic Party even though I am a white old man.
I really have to question your position.
Quote:
First and foremost the Republicans are the party of the hyper wealthy.

Since most of the "Hyper Wealthy" are democrats, this premise in and of itself appears to be inaccurate.
Quote:
Secondly they are the party of the moderately wealthy.

Again, since the number of wealthy democrats outnumber the number of wealthy republicans, your premise is again, inaccurate at best.

I am a constitutionlist, and personally believe, we are responsible for ourselves. The job of the federal government should be to protect our borders, and the job of the states, is to it's residents.

I am responsible for my health, you are not.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
So Cons get upset when someone says anything bad about their party? Wanting to control what people say about any one political party sounds a bit Communist, Marxist to me. Makes me wonder if the OP might be a Communist himself wishing the Republican Party could control what people say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies