Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Maybe we should pass a law? I hate to be dismissive with the topic as we have simply had too many examples of law enforcement dropping the ball in cases like this but when laws are not enforced, isn't the answer generally that we need to pass even more laws?

For some reason we never want to hold accountable those who are supposed to be enforcing these laws. It appears that in these cases it resulted in what we see here.

Show me someone holding law enforcement accountable here or we will likely be posting more stories like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Kids learn so much garbage in schools. I wonder if they are ever educated about sexual assault and rape, and what to do as a by-stander, like not stand by and do nothing, and not distribute photos, and not bully the victim. Let alone being educated about sexual stereotyping.
Why are you leaving the parents out of this and putting the onus on the teachers/schools? Kids also learn garbage from homs. Are schools responsible for teens that get in any sort of trouble or use drugs? When did teaching teens right from wrong, instilling morals and ethics become part of the curriculum? I learned skills and math, language, history, science and whole host of other subjects in school. As to my morals, ethics, right from wrong teachings, I got from home. Schools have their job to do and parent(s) have their job to do. Where were the parents when the house party was going on? That seems to be the question every time we read about these parties with no adult supervision.

The girl should have been taught the consequences of drinking. The boys should have been taught about respecting girls and the consequences of bad behavior, especially sexual assault. A girl is dead and the boys punishment may include being marked for life as sexual offenders.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,171,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberalism.
What does that even mean? Explain.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,830,155 times
I loath the politically correct term "sexual assault" RAPE is rape...it is the total destruction of a human being. In war rape has been used not just to destroy an individual but a whole culture and society. In some cases soldiers are specifically instructed to rape as many as they can. Once a woman is raped she can not function fully as a wife or mother...This collapses the building block of society...the family structure becomes defective and the culture dies.

Youth should realize also that the internet is not real life. Unplug the damned thing and stay away from it if you are being harassed or persecuted on line. It is the posting of slanderous material that finishes off the victim.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Why are you leaving the parents out of this and putting the onus on the teachers/schools? Kids also learn garbage from homs. Are schools responsible for teens that get in any sort of trouble or use drugs? When did teaching teens right from wrong, instilling morals and ethics become part of the curriculum? I learned skills and math, language, history, science and whole host of other subjects in school. As to my morals, ethics, right from wrong teachings, I got from home. Schools have their job to do and parent(s) have their job to do. Where were the parents when the house party was going on? That seems to be the question every time we read about these parties with no adult supervision.

The girl should have been taught the consequences of drinking. The boys should have been taught about respecting girls and the consequences of bad behavior, especially sexual assault. A girl is dead and the boys punishment may include being marked for life as sexual offenders.
Your comment first berates the victim, then you talk about sexual assault being "bad behavior."
It's not bad behavior, it's criminal assault. Period. It's a very big deal.
The boys are sexual offenders and deserve to be marked for life.
Holy moley.

And if she was drugged.
How do you teach her about those consequences?
You think all girls should stay at home, go out in burquas with male chaperones?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:05 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,171,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

Are women now only supposed to drink around other women, is that it? No socializing with men? Come on. And those guys are sexual offenders. Too bad, it's their own fault.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I was once a teenage boy and if I or any of my friends had been around we'd have beat those guys senseless.

I have a couple teenage boys and they'd do the same.

Go easy on the generalizations please.

P.S. A number of the on-line bullying attacks like in the Ohio case were committed by GIRLS. Not sure about the California or Canada cases....but you might be saddened to see that.

This! I may have been young and dumb once, but I can assure you, we didn't pull s*** like this!

Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,830,155 times
The other thing that I must mention is my dislike of the term "bullying" If an adult woman is raped - do they use the term bullying? No! The term bullying trivializes what really is taking place...a young girl is raped and then harassed to death. This phenomena when combined with digital publishing is no different than some crazed Islamic who take a woman and stone her to death---the difference is that in the west the poor woman is digitally stoned to death.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:08 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You could post your story on his FB page.

That's a great idea!

Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Are women now only supposed to drink around other women, is that it? No socializing with men? Come on. And those guys are sexual offenders. Too bad, it's their own fault.
Grow up. We're talking about teenagers - 15, 16 year old girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies