Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:05 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Should Hitler's mother have aborted him?
Obviously it would of been good if she did, but that would of been her choice and one never knows if they have a future Hitler growing inside them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 10:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Many live now with the progress we have had in prenatal interventions to correct defects.

So if a baby died within hours of birth you want to kill it now. I could not live with myself and I think most feel they killed the baby instead of letting nature take it's course. Ripping the baby apart during the abortion would be a more painful death anyway.
Look up and read about Anencephaly. Anecephalic babies were the majority of aborted babies by Dr. Tiller. These babies have no cortex which is responsible for cognition. You might note that this would make it impossible for a baby, with this genetic lack of brain, to feel pain.

Anencephaly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want to carry a baby with this genetic defect to term and watch it die, you have a right to do so. However, don't inflict your misguided judgement onto others!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yes, and many need round the clock care and I dare say they are causing a huge strain on our resources and destroying families so you can feel good.

Anyone will agree...just because we CAN do something doesn't mean we SHOULD. The ability to get around death by drastic measures isn't always something we should be proud of, and it's not always the right thing to do.
The same crowd who insists a woman should be forced to give birth to a severely genetically defected baby, insists on "personal responsibility" for the exorbitant financial care of that baby!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That was classless.
You are referring to a photo of a baby as classless!!! Remember, this is a baby you want to have born and you are appalled just looking at a photo of a baby with this genetic birth defect and which occurs about 1 out of every 10,000 pregnancies.

Anencephaly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by jojajn; 04-13-2013 at 10:35 AM..

Old 04-13-2013, 10:28 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,824,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Why not?
Because only the mother should be able to decide to abort, not anyone else.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:29 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,171,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That was classless.
As classless as those pro life protestors who show up at clinics & festivals with their pictures of aborted fetuses. Now those are some joyful people to be around!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:30 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,171,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Because only the mother should be able to decide to abort, not anyone else.
It's a hypothetical question. You don't have to squirm thinking about it. A simple yes or no is sufficient instead of dancing around the issue.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
A zygote isn't a person.
A lot of conservatives would strongly disagree with you, feeling that a zygote is absolutely the same thing as a person with all the same rights as a born person.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
I believe abortion is morally wrong. I also believe this is an area where my morals, or even the morals of the majority, should not limit a woman's options when it comes to abortion.

I believe if the pro-life crowd tried moral persuasion over legal coercion abortions would be reduced. Instead of arguing over a conflict of morals, i.e. a woman's right to control over her body versus the morality of the taking of a human life, the argument would be reduced to the argument over the value of human life, even at the earliest stages.

I agree with Bill Clinton abortions should be safe, legal and rare.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Trying to understand your point here. Genetic defiencies validate abortions? I get that you are saying that not all pregnancies result in a fully functional human being. But it almost seems as though you would advocate ending those pregnancies first?

I have never really understood how the abortion issue is so divisive. There seem to be some really clear principles.
It's really extremely easy to be pro choice. If you care about all the unborn babies being slaughtered in the womb, look at how high the abortion rate is in Latin America countries where abortion is banned. It's shockingly higher than in the USA. So anyone after realizing that knows it would be morally insane to ban abortion here and risk making the abortion rate go higher.

Secondly, a number of women who condemn abortions and claim to be pro life will when the tables are turned on them will go sneak off and get an abortion. Such gross hypocrisy is very sick and disgusting.

If people who care so dearly about the fetus would simply concentrate on promoting access to birth control, it would help out so much more, so the woman won't have to find her self in the position of choice in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies