Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:01 PM

26,514 posts, read 15,092,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
The cookies came from Bethel Bakery, a local institution, and that comment caused a minor storm of controversy. It was very rude and completely dismissive of the people who attended the staged picnic.
Cookie Gate

How do make negative press out of cookies. That takes a special brand of aloofness. I mean, who doesn't like cookies? Nobody, that's who.

What?
Wow...he looked at a bright glittery cookie and didn't like the looks of it and was honest. This is right up there with the faux outrage over a reporter asking Romney if he had any special connections to NASCAR - Romney told the truth that he doesn't follow the sport, but knows an owner...liberals cried with faux rage for him telling the truth....as if they wanted him to lie and wouldn't have been mad if he lied and was caught.

Romney lost. Get over him. No wonder Obama PACs had to make up lies about him like the cancer ad...when this is their best real ammunition.

How can you be outraged by Romney speaking bluntly about not liking bright glittery cookies and judge his character from it...but look the other way with Bill Clinton's character of harassing and assaulting women from the 1960s to the 1990s?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
The words themselves may not have been that rude, but the suggestion that they're giving "slow service" when he just walked in the door -is- considered rude.

General rule of thumb: Never anger the people serving your food.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:11 PM

8,635 posts, read 9,144,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Clinton encouraged outsourcing by giving China most favored nation trading status. Clinton attacked anyone who argued that this would be bad for the US.

Obama has said that we can't get those jobs back. That we don't want those jobs back. That we need to focus on the high tech jobs. Obama's jobs advisor Immelt is a chief outsourcer and has continued to outsource.

I am sure those 2 above are absolved, because they have a D next to their name.

P.S. China truly isn't a communist country.
I didn't like Clinton at all, never voted for him. Clinton was a Democrat, Romney is a republican and an *******. The worst candidate the republican party put forth in decades and lost as he should have and did.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Clinton encouraged outsourcing by giving China most favored nation trading status. Clinton attacked anyone who argued that this would be bad for the US.

Obama has said that we can't get those jobs back. That we don't want those jobs back. That we need to focus on the high tech jobs. Obama's jobs advisor Immelt is a chief outsourcer and has continued to outsource.

I am sure those 2 above are absolved, because they have a D next to their name.

P.S. China truly isn't a communist country.
You're too quick to judge people. Or is it projection, as in, a "R" can do no wrong in your opinion.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I didn't like Clinton at all, never voted for him. Clinton was a Democrat, Romney is a republican and an *******. The worst candidate the republican party put forth in decades and lost as he should have and did.
At least you can be fair.

I am just amazed at others who say:

#1 A man has poor moral character if he is honest about not liking bright shiny cookies. No if, ands, or buts about it!

#2 A man that has had over a dozen women make public accusations starting in the 1960s and end in the 1990s of anything from sexual harassment to rape is a good man of character.

#3 A man that passed a law that opened up outsourcing and attacked anyone who opposed it is good, but the man who outsourced is bad, but a third man who says we shouldn't try to get back outsourced jobs and has the biggest outsourcer as his jobs adviser is good.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You're too quick to judge people. Or is it projection, as in, a "R" can do no wrong in your opinion.
No...

Katiana...I have been vocal about Republicans being idiots. Tell you what - Name a high profile Republican (that I would know past or present) and I will tell a serious thing that I do not like about them.

Read up above...

Look at the Democrats who are choosing to ignore the fact that in 1969 Eileen Wellstone came out and accused a young Bill Clinton of rape. Since then, over a dozen women have accused him of anything from sexual harassment to rape over the decades... And to the Democrats that supposedly care about women's rights this is not a problem... He can still be invited as the keynote speaker for the DNC. Look at the Democrats on this thread that are not admitting that he has a character flaw.

Yet, with Romney...being blunt about shiny glitter cookies it is more than a character flaw...it is a complete void of any redeeming human character...

Hypocrisy.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
No...

Katiana...I have been vocal about Republicans being idiots. Tell you what - Name a high profile Republican (that I would know past or present) and I will tell a serious thing that I do not like about them.

Read up above...

Look at the Democrats who are choosing to ignore the fact that in 1969 Eileen Wellstone came out and accused a young Bill Clinton of rape. Since then, over a dozen women have accused him of anything from sexual harassment to rape over the decades... And to the Democrats that supposedly care about women's rights this is not a problem... He can still be invited as the keynote speaker for the DNC. Look at the Democrats on this thread that are not admitting that he has a character flaw.

Yet, with Romney...being blunt about shiny glitter cookies it is more than a character flaw...it is a complete void of any redeeming human character...

Hypocrisy.
Since when did this become a thread about Bill Clinton? And what do BC's sexual peccadilloes, which I did not approve of either, have anything to do with Romney being an azzhat? Do two wrongs now make a right?

Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Since when did this become a thread about Bill Clinton? And what do BC's sexual peccadilloes, which I did not approve of either, have anything to do with Romney being an azzhat? Do two wrongs now make a right?
To show how fickle and shallow this thread is because we are too partisan.

'I cheer on a man who very well may be a serial rapist with over a dozen accusers while I claim to stand for women's rights...and I am so insulted that another man bluntly doesn't like neon glitter cookies!'

Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
To show how fickle and shallow this thread is because we are too partisan.

'I cheer on a man who very well may be a serial rapist with over a dozen accusers while I claim to stand for women's rights...and I am so insulted that another man bluntly doesn't like neon glitter cookies!'
Your man accused almost half the American voters of being "takers". He is the one who was running for POTUS, not Clinton.

Anyone can play this "Your person is a dirt-bag, too" game!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:17 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Yeah, Romney would make a great Public Servant, wouldn't he?
Ummmmmmmmmmmm.............................. yes

The "public" suffers from high unemployment, low incomes, high food stamp reliance, and low personal savings.

Obama may present himself as "a nice guy" to the public, but he is the worst enemy of the middle class and the poor, as he perpetuates their economic misery.

What do you want- a hand holder who is inept, or a pragmatic "pri*k" who restores economic prosperity?

Obama has failed miserably. If America re-elected him on "personality", they deserve all the misery he can meter out.

Wake up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies