Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 AM

28,911 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think you're delusional and paranoid, and the more likely thing is that a mental health evaluation is order. Why don't you wait until this whole thing falls out and we have more information before you go off on a rant about sleeper cells. You've seen one too many movies.
well, believe what you want...but what I have said, is so very true....
so, I guess 911 never happened, I suppose you never heard on the news, that they planned to attack our children here in America?
You have no clue, none and I feel very bad for this country, b/c of people like you who have never traveled to another country, or have any knowledge about what really goes on.

Once again, my son worked with them, my girlfriends son headed out HOMELAND SECURITY.....

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Sorry....this article is branded with hate, pure and simple. Hate is the mantra of the left. Why else would they practice divisive techniques on a daily basis? Diversity, affirmative action, religious discrimination are all tools of their hate.

This article was one of the most reviling, stomach turning pieces of liberal hate fodder I have ever read. It is written with ignorance, a myopic sense of guilt and a pathetic form of victimhood. All earmarks of the liberal.
lol... you sound hateful.

39,079 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Why let them in at all? How much further into our national suicide march are we going to allow political correctness to push us?
Does it matter if they are Muslim? No. What matters is that they are CONSERVATIVES, radicals, right wing extremists who won't tolerate and accept the beliefs of others. It is not their religion but their conservative approach to its teachings that makes them, like all extreme conservatives, enemies of peace and progress.

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
He is a foreigner! Doesn't matter if he is here on a green card or illegally.....this country needs to provide school funding assistance to US citizens first.

And to answer your ridiculous question with a question - Is he 'smart' - well what do YOU think? Does a smart person bomb a marathon full of people. What an as&hat question! I am embarrassed for you.
Someone who has legally lived here since they are 8 is a foreigner?

And yes, you can be both smart and evil. One does not preclude the other.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Anyone think of the possibility of Sleeper Cells? These two can't be the only ones in this attack.
My guess, and that's exactly what it is, because NO ONE (especially the people who claim to be "experts" ) here knows the truth yet, is that they probably got involved with a group here and became radicalized. That would be the logical assumption.

1,672 posts, read 1,772,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yep you're way behind. Called it early last evening.
Only thing your post alludes to being right is one of the boys was a "boy" when the parents moved out of the Chechen area in the 90s.

Oh and neither were born in Chechnya...

Could they have some motive related to Chechnya. Maybe but doubtful. We'll see soon.

28,911 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
I cannot answer you , but I can tell you, you are showing signs of extremism; which btw is the root of terrorism.

Let LE take this person to court. Stop hating groups of people. That does not help.

Peace
In your own mind maybe....I hate no one, never have, never will...what I'm saying is the truth, and if you don't believe it that is your perogative...however, I'm surely not an extremist, so stop imagining you know me, or have known me....once again, you have no clue....

Old 04-19-2013, 07:34 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, believe what you want...but what I have said, is so very true....
so, I guess 911 never happened, I suppose you never heard on the news, that they planned to attack our children here in America?
You have no clue, none and I feel very bad for this country, b/c of people like you who have never traveled to another country, or have any knowledge about what really goes on.

Once again, my son worked with them, my girlfriends son headed out HOMELAND SECURITY.....
Then you should probably stop sharing all this TOP SECRET information before you get them in trouble. Your girlfriends son is the head of Homeland Security?

1,000 posts, read 1,127,510 times
I personally going to keep participating here with facts from the news. Endless racists and xenphobic rants accomplish nothing.

Thanks god for the ignore button.

4,684 posts, read 4,575,564 times
The elder of the two Chechen brothers, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was named for the 14th c. Turkic warlord Emir Timur, often called Tamerlane.

Emir Timur "envisioned the restoration of the Mongol Empire of Genghis Khan", and also was a "devout Muslim who referred to himself as "the Sword of Islam". He also "styled himself a Ghazi", "an Arabic term originally referring to an individual who participates in...military expeditions or raiding; after the emergence of Islam, it took on new connotations of religious warfare".

The Chechen Muslims of the Caucasus, the cultural and literal descendants of Timur's Turkic tribesmen, have long and deep traditions of gazawat, or holy war, the term from which Ghazi is derived and similar in meaning to one sense of the word jihad. The annexation of the Caucasus by Tsarist Russia was understood by the Caucasian Muslims as a holy war: "in 1825, a congress of [sharia legal scholars]...declared gazawat against the Russians." In modern times, the Chechen guerrillas fighting against Russia have emphasized this history and cultural tradition of Islamic holy war in their renewed struggle.

It appears that, in some sense, Tamerlan Tsarnaev's name was his destiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies