Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 07:26 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,637,590 times

Advertisements

the much hated Russians warned U.S. about his brother, thats why the FBI questioned him, but didnt follow through, per cnn
FAIL

Old 04-19-2013, 07:27 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
You got to love the Lady who called in: "hey, there's blood on my boat"!!!
Maybe symbolic of what is to come if people don't straighten out and fly right- a boat in a sea of blood. I sense a turning point here. Everyone is sick of this stuff- Islam has grown tired..America has grown tired and numb...a resolution must be found- The attack on the Boston Marathon - that had runners from all nations was not an attack against America...It was an attack on every nation.

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Supposedly she's a career shoplifter..more than once and more than a thousand dollars....
"Loss prevention from Lord & Taylor called to report they had detained a shoplifter. Zubeidat K. Tsarnaeva, 45, of 410 Norfolk St., Apt. 3, Cambridge, was arrested and charged with larceny over $250 (women’s clothing valued at $1,624), and two counts of malicious/wanton damage/defacement to property."

ain't that a beotch

Bomber Suspects’ Mom Denies Kids’ Terror Ties, Adds to Conspiracy Charges: ‘This Is a Setup’ | TheBlaze.com

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
the much hated Russians warned U.S. about his brother, thats why the FBI questioned him, but didnt follow through, per cnn
FAIL
Sounds familiar...the underwear bomber's father warned us about his son and the government didn't follow through either.
And they didn't follow through on Hasan either as they "missed" the warning signs.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
He's going to Mass General in SERIOUS condition, bleeding.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I am glad he was captured alive. Maybe we can get some answers, maybe not. I think the people who lost their limbs deserve to know why.

This story is puzzling since everything about this young man makes him seem like a normal 19 year old. In fact, he's very smart and is in his 2nd year of Medical School, if I'm not mistaken.

On the one hand, I always say the conspiracy theories are ridiculous. OTOH, earlier I was listening to the people who went to school with these young men and suddenly their aunt doesn't sound so crazy.

It's all very weird. They bombed the Boston Marathon, robbed a convenient store, shot an MIT campus police officer, and then threw grenades at the Boston PD. Strange, very strange. If the young man wanted to be a martyr, he wouldn't have hid from the police or been taken alive.

Just keep in mind if they were American born Christians with blond hair and blue eyes someone would probably say the teenager is mentally ill. If he were Black he'd be a called a thug. But he's Muslim, so he's a terrorist. To me, he's no more or less guilty than James Holmes or Adam Lanza. They are all terrorists.
Very well said. I thought something about this seemed odd because what everyone was saying just didn't fit. They were here for a long time, good students, athletes, the one was a piano player & had a scholarship. Not your average dumb terrorist/criminal. I don't know, it's like they just went....crazy. Or as I've mentioned before, are just a couple of aholes who wanted to do this for you know what & giggles. Plenty of people like that out there.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:30 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
"Loss prevention from Lord & Taylor called to report they had detained a shoplifter. Zubeidat K. Tsarnaeva, 45, of 410 Norfolk St., Apt. 3, Cambridge, was arrested and charged with larceny over $250 (women’s clothing valued at $1,624), and two counts of malicious/wanton damage/defacement to property."

ain't that a beotch

Bomber Suspects’ Mom Denies Kids’ Terror Ties, Adds to Conspiracy Charges: ‘This Is a Setup’ | TheBlaze.com

guessing she didn't steal the pressure cookers.....

Old 04-19-2013, 07:30 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I am glad he was captured alive. Maybe we can get some answers, maybe not. I think the people who lost their limbs deserve to know why.

This story is puzzling since everything about this young man makes him seem like a normal 19 year old. In fact, he's very smart and is in his 2nd year of Medical School, if I'm not mistaken.

On the one hand, I always say the conspiracy theories are ridiculous. OTOH, earlier I was listening to the people who went to school with these young men and suddenly their aunt doesn't sound so crazy.

It's all very weird. They bombed the Boston Marathon, robbed a convenient store, shot an MIT campus police officer, and then threw grenades at the Boston PD. Strange, very strange. If the young man wanted to be a martyr, he wouldn't have hid from the police or been taken alive.

Just keep in mind if they were American born Christians with blond hair and blue eyes someone would probably say the teenager is mentally ill. If he were Black he'd be a called a thug. But he's Muslim, so he's a terrorist. To me, he's no more or less guilty than James Holmes or Adam Lanza. They are all terrorists.
Turns out that it was not them that robbed the store. IMO, this kid was brainwashed by his big brother. Not makuing excuses for his heinous act, but you can be somewhat book smart and still very weak-minded and easy to influence.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
If the bombing is deemed to be an "Act of Terror", Feds have jurisdiction. Basically the Feds probably have to show these guys were motivated by political animus.

Defining Terrorism Isn’t So Easy - Law Blog - WSJ
Exactly.

I'll be surprised if they can make 'terrorism' stick. No federal people killed, not on federal property, they're both citizens, and so forth.

Not gonna be easy to make a federal charge stick.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,877,891 times
He's going to the hospital right now in serious condition. He is losing a lot of blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies