Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I am glad he was captured alive. Maybe we can get some answers, maybe not. I think the people who lost their limbs deserve to know why.

This story is puzzling since everything about this young man makes him seem like a normal 19 year old. In fact, he's very smart and is in his 2nd year of Medical School, if I'm not mistaken.

On the one hand, I always say the conspiracy theories are ridiculous. OTOH, earlier I was listening to the people who went to school with these young men and suddenly their aunt doesn't sound so crazy.

It's all very weird. They bombed the Boston Marathon, robbed a convenient store, shot an MIT campus police officer, and then threw grenades at the Boston PD. Strange, very strange. If the young man wanted to be a martyr, he wouldn't have hid from the police or been taken alive.

Just keep in mind if they were American born Christians with blond hair and blue eyes someone would probably say the teenager is mentally ill. If he were Black he'd be a called a thug. But he's Muslim, so he's a terrorist. To me, he's no more or less guilty than James Holmes or Adam Lanza. They are all terrorists.
Yes, but when they end their own lives we are robbed ......the real bad guy was his brother, and he finished off his own flesh and blood by driving over him.( the brother was not dead when he was shot several times)

Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Yes, but when they end their own lives we are robbed ......the real bad guy was his brother, and he finished off his own flesh and blood by driving over him.( the brother was not dead when he was shot several times)

thump thump

Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
His mom is a convicted criminal....did she get to stay in america?
If the crime is shoplifting yes. Only crimes of moral turpitude get you deported.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,576,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Very well said. I thought something about this seemed odd because what everyone was saying just didn't fit. They were here for a long time, good students, athletes, the one was a piano player & had a scholarship. Not your average dumb terrorist/criminal.
It's not all that odd - there have been several similar cases in the UK. Apparently settled-in, well on the way to assimilation, but then suddenly drawn into militant Islam, then next you know they're making bombs in the basement or they've buggered off to Paki. We've just not had that many instances here, so it stands out.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:34 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
He detonated a bomb. That's federal.
Oh, pffffffftttttttttttt. No, it isn't.

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I am glad he was captured alive. Maybe we can get some answers, maybe not. I think the people who lost their limbs deserve to know why.

This story is puzzling since everything about this young man makes him seem like a normal 19 year old. In fact, he's very smart and is in his 2nd year of Medical School, if I'm not mistaken.

On the one hand, I always say the conspiracy theories are ridiculous. OTOH, earlier I was listening to the people who went to school with these young men and suddenly their aunt doesn't sound so crazy.

It's all very weird. They bombed the Boston Marathon, robbed a convenient store, shot an MIT campus police officer, and then threw grenades at the Boston PD. Strange, very strange. If the young man wanted to be a martyr, he wouldn't have hid from the police or been taken alive.

Just keep in mind if they were American born Christians with blond hair and blue eyes someone would probably say the teenager is mentally ill. If he were Black he'd be a called a thug. But he's Muslim, so he's a terrorist. To me, he's no more or less guilty than James Holmes or Adam Lanza. They are all terrorists.
He did not rob a convenience store, that was a separate incident. I think the brother was known for wearing $500 watches, expensive jewelry, owning a Mercedes....he had taken his Mercedes in for service on Tuesday, the day after the bombings. Twenty six year old guy? Where was he working that he had that kind of money and was oozing jewels? Sounds like somebody was paying him, giving him money, influencing him but that's just a guess.

No, a blond hair and blue eyed bomber would not be called mentally ill. That is just wrong to say that. A black would not be called a thug either. It's not because he's Muslim, it's because he is a Muslim EXTREMIST. Adam Lanza was mentally ill, had a diagnosis, people knew he was mentally ill.
That doesn't make Adam Lanza innocent but don't say that this scumbag will be guilty because of being Muslim.

There are lots of decent Muslims. These two guys were not decent Muslims, there were EXTREMIST fanatics who used violence to kill and maim people, to terrify. THEY are terrorists

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, pffffffftttttttttttt. No, it isn't.
Yes it is. Even just a bomb threat is.

FEDERAL EXPLOSIVES AND BOMBING L

Old 04-19-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
the much hated Russians warned U.S. about his brother, thats why the FBI questioned him, but didnt follow through, per cnn
FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sounds familiar...the underwear bomber's father warned us about his son and the government didn't follow through either.
And they didn't follow through on Hasan either as they "missed" the warning signs.
That's nothing. Clinton was offered Osama's head on a silver platter and declined, saying Osama wasn't that important or that much of a threat.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:37 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,917 times
Is armed robbery a common occurrence for convenience stores in that area?

Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Driving over him didn't kill him, either. He was still alive when he reached the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies