Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 09:25 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No, calling for gun control due to an event unrelated to firearms makes him a leftist.

Supporting Obama just makes him an idiot.
Tried to rep ya, but I have to cat around a little first.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Yes and add to that the fact that he isn't originally from this country. I think being questioned by police in a foreign country is even more scary because you aren't as familiar with the laws, customs, etc. And then add the fact that this was a bombing and that other Muslims have committed terror attacks here. Plus the possibility of Gitmo.

We had some Italian police give us a really hard time about our passports on the Eurorail one time. They were yelling at us in Italian, and a passenger started translating for us. They were threatening to keep our passports, telling us we needed to pay them $100 a person, etc. We were scared but didn't back down, and eventually they gave us back our passports and left us alone. But that was scary, and it was a small thing.

I can't imagine being questioned for a bombing in a foreign country.
You're exactly right--who wouldn't be terrified under those circumstances, especially since there's no due process here for suspected terrorists?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:27 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What in hell does gun control have to do with a bombing of a public event?

BTW - I am a Leftist, way left of our President, and I am way right of most of the posters on gun control issues. IMHO owning and carrying weapons is a fundamental right of being alive let alone being a US citizen. Gun control is selecting a legitimate target and hitting it with your first shot. I think we should start with repealing the 1934 Federal Firearms Act. The government has no right telling me what sort of guns I may have or having any knowlege of weather I have any guns at all.
According to the OP, being leftist means being anti-gun.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:30 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Obama was sent ricin-tainted envelope - tested positive.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:33 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What in hell does gun control have to do with a bombing of a public event?

BTW - I am a Leftist, way left of our President, and I am way right of most of the posters on gun control issues. IMHO owning and carrying weapons is a fundamental right of being alive let alone being a US citizen. Gun control is selecting a legitimate target and hitting it with your first shot. I think we should start with repealing the 1934 Federal Firearms Act. The government has no right telling me what sort of guns I may have or having any knowlege of weather I have any guns at all.
Great post.

My problem is the left hates guns and the right hates rights.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:33 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Just because he's a complete moron doesn't mean he's a leftist.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Obama was sent ricin-tainted envelope - tested positive.
And what would be the point of that? Is there anyone in the country so daft as to think that President Obama runs out to his mailbox at the end of the White House driveway and picks up his own mail?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,710 times
Just saw footage from a person with his clothes in shreds fleeing the scene, right after blast. FYI does not look middle eastern (Eta: does not look dark skinned, I am sure there are light skinned (white) middle eastern people too)

Look at the footage here:

http://wn.whdh.com/global/video/popu...partnerclipid=

Old 04-17-2013, 09:35 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Great post.

My problem is the left hates guns and the right hates rights.
Left wing Black Panthers were pro guns, while Reagan was anti-gun. They clashed over the right to bear arms.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:37 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The point I was making is that most folks only get stopped for traffic incidents.
The cops act and treat you differently for that than they do if they think you are suspect in a crime that has been committed.
And worse for you if you think it's a traffic stop and it turns out that it's not and you are a person that has never had any experience "being a suspect" before.
well of course they do, step back a moment and see it from they're side....
if you were a cop, you'd have done the same thing...I'm not trying to say your fear/distress was unwarrented....what I'm saying, is, maybe if you had a son that was a cop, you'd understand why...
HappyTexan, we as Americans are so uninformed, about everything that goes on in this country, we all, including myself, live in this invisible protective plastic bubble, that we each call our lives, and as long as nothing invades our territories, routines...we simply excuse ourselves from what is really going on here in America, and when we vote, we say, "I've done my job" but we have not....we are naive, and trusting, and that will be our demise....we let everyone and anyone into this country. HMMM, NOW WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS? I'm not yelling, just wanted to make a point....lol

My son was in Afghanistan, training police officers....you have no idea what so ever what goes on...none...and it is a shame...b/c it's our money that is being wasted, just thrown away....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 04-17-2013 at 09:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies