Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 09:46 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,349,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This is the kind of trash that makes up some of the far left in this country. I don't by any means lump all liberals in with this kind of scum.

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

I've seen garbage from both the far left and the far right, but this Salon article sinks to a new low. I hate to think that any of those writers are Americans.
So do you think YOUR reaction will be the same if it is a white american rather then someone from a developing world country?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Just saw footage from a person with his clothes in shreds fleeing the scene, right after blast. FYI does not look middle eastern (Eta: does not look dark skinned, I am sure there are light skinned (white) middle eastern people too)

Look at the footage here:

http://wn.whdh.com/global/video/popu...partnerclipid=
If this ends up being anyone but Muslims, this right wing propaganda against Muslims should stop. There are idiots of all ilks.

1,127 posts, read 904,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where did you get the idea Reagan was anti guns and the second amendment?
Mulford Act, and this

Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban - Los Angeles Times

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well of course they do, step back a moment and see it from they're side....
if you were a cop, you'd have done the same thing...I'm not trying to say your fear/distress was unwarrented....what I'm saying, is, maybe if you had a son that was a cop, you'd understand why...
HappyTexan, we as Americans are so uninformed, about everything that goes on in this country, we all, including myself, live in this invisible protective plastic bubble, that we each call our lives, and as long as nothing invades our territories, routines...we simply excuse ourselves from what is really going on here in America, and when we vote, we say, "I've done my job" but we have not....we are naive, and trusting, and that will be our demise....we let everyone and anyone into this country.

My son was in Afghanistan, training police officers....you have no idea what so ever what goes on...none...and it is a shame...b/c it's our money that is being wasted, just thrown away....
I have been stopped before by cops..this wasn't the first time.
And yes, times have changed. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent because, because..you just never know. Such is our distrust of each other because of growing violence in this world.

We're inching towards a police state IMHO. I don't like it but it is what it is today.
We now compare conditions in Afghanistan to the US ? I hate to think that is what people compare to now.
I only told the story to equate the feeling of an innocent person being suspect by the police.
That's all..it's a different scenario then going 40 in a 35 in your neighborhood and being pulled over.

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
brentwoodgirl, your post is right on. The headline and article is irresponsible. The content also also increases more racism toward whites. It is suggesting that whites can get away with more and you know there will be nut cases who will grab onto that and increase their racism toward whites. It almost seems as if our government and the media want to a war from within.
This is just not the truth. The article doesn't say that white people can get away with more. You can't read for comprehension.

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Exactly. My husband is a former prosecutor. If the police think you might be a criminal, they don't go out of their way to be "nice." Their job is to intimidate you so you aren't a threat, and to investigate. That poor Saudi student was probably scared witless, and I'm glad his name has been kept out of the media for the most part.
Nope. Outside of the US - in the UK and Australia - his name and photos were splashed all over the press. I went to his FB page. He didn't even keep his page private or his pics. He's a 20 year old kid and has been in the states for about 5 months. Pics of him at Disneyland, romping in the snow, doing fun kid stuff with his friends, no hate posts.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
why do I constantly see posts stating "it could be right wing extremists?" It could also be left wing extremists....there is nothing more dangerous then an extremist, however, again, why would you point fingers when you don't know who did this??????????

I'm sorry, I just don't get the logic

Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Agreed. The Lone Wolf terrorist is probably the most difficult for the FBI to track. The Unabomber wasn't caught for over twenty years.

However, I am tired of the media always pointing at "right-wing extremism". The last few terrorists we've had to deal with have also been of the left-wing extremist variety (James Holmes, Jared Loughner, the Virginia Tech shooter, and Eco-terrorist James Jay Lee).
The media lost all objectivity in reporting news.

4,412 posts, read 3,961,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is just not the truth. The article doesn't say that white people can get away with more. You can't read for comprehension.
I highly doubt that he, nor the OP, actually read it. The trolly headline was enough for them.

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I have been stopped before by cops..this wasn't the first time.
And yes, times have changed. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent because, because..you just never know. Such is our distrust of each other because of growing violence in this world.

We're inching towards a police state IMHO. I don't like it but it is what it is today.
We now compare conditions in Afghanistan to the US ? I hate to think that is what people compare to now.
I only told the story to equate the feeling of an innocent person being suspect by the police.
That's all..it's a different scenario then going 40 in a 35 in your neighborhood and being pulled over.
no problemo, I still love ya.... and, agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies