Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 04:18 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,929 times

Advertisements

There are numerous "militia" groups defended the Homeland at the Mexican Border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 08:42 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
or started a thread/?
'Round here, this would be thought of as a thread-bump...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
There are numerous "militia" groups defended the Homeland at the Mexican Border.
Nah, they've all imploded into obscurity...

Old 04-20-2013, 08:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
i dont think that the minutemen or any group would do that. but i think that the government is playing the border problem way way down. i have spoken to people that live on the border. they tell a very different tale than the white house.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 PM

295 posts, read 359,119 times
I don't trust a citizen's militia would be savvy enough ever get within a mile of the guys actually causing the problems. It's more likely they'd head down to Nuevo Laredo and start shooting the first brown people they see. People who are already more terrorized by the cartels than anybody on this side can even fathom.

You wanna put a dent in the cartel violence? It's a REALLY cheap solution. Just look to what Colorado and Washington state are doing.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:15 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,210,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
I don't trust a citizen's militia would be savvy enough ever get within a mile of the guys actually causing the problems. It's more likely they'd head down to Nuevo Laredo and start shooting the first brown people they see. People who are already more terrorized by the cartels than anybody on this side can even fathom.

You wanna put a dent in the cartel violence? It's a REALLY cheap solution. Just look to what Colorado and Washington state are doing.

better yet, look at what Portugal did. legalized all drugs, and drug usage and drug crime all went down.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:52 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,863,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Naw..I call bs on that..most likely scenario is "today's illegal alien is tomorrow's republican big business field hand for sub poverty level wages and unsafe working conditions"..you know you repugs love you some cheap labor so you can save that money to buy your kid's way into Harvard and such liberal places.
This is why the problem will not be solved by either party, The Dems want more voters and the Repubs want cheap labor for there corporate masters.
Our borders should be secure, but its not going to happen with the the current scum we have in office.

bill

Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,137,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
I'm not advocating War or annexing Mexico... But the LAWLESSNESS that exist there has spread here...

as in , ignored consequence of a political sanitation dump. Illinois is where they learn this stuff....
A $40 billion trail of DRIVE BYS an street crime

Heroin is not the only drug.

A Friend had to fight 4 punks to keep his cell phone just list week, near CUBS PARK. No cops around...he WIPED them all and dialed 911. Those 4 are going away for strong -arm robbery. ..the police said...when they got there.
You should be fighting for legalization it sounds like if your afraid of the criminal element. If your fighting against immigration you should be fighting for policy reform.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:04 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,769,429 times
Default I don't blame anyone but ourselves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Lawlessness has existed in Chicago since before Capone moved there. To blame it on illegal immigration or drug cartels is laughable at best.

But to answer your original question: I don't know what would happen. If a militia group decided to cross the border and attack Mexico, Mexican troops would either kill or detain them, with full US cooperation. Likewise, if they started killing illegals on the US side of the border, they'd be killed or detained by US officials.
1) We have laws not being enforced. 2) I think not enforcing the law will distroy the country. 3) It's not the one's crossing the border..it's the ones abusing the poor ) Make poor neighborhoors safe....Remember Jane Burn......she took a stand.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,872 times
By the very definition of the word, the flood of illegal aliens across our southern border is an invasion. If the U.S. government refuses to defend the nation from an invasion, it is up to the people to do so.

I believe piles of dead invaders would act as a great deterrent to those thinking about crossing illegally.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,769,429 times
Default FOWL I'm Independent and poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Naw..I call bs on that..most likely scenario is "today's illegal alien is tomorrow's republican big business field hand for sub poverty level wages and unsafe working conditions"..you know you repugs love you some cheap labor so you can save that money to buy your kid's way into Harvard and such liberal places.
I am thinking both parties are rich, at the leadership level.........in fact all organizations are set up to make people at the top rich.........left and right..even Ron Paul made money the last cycle.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies