Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 07:52 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont think that the minutemen or any group would do that. but i think that the government is playing the border problem way way down. i have spoken to people that live on the border. they tell a very different tale than the white house.
It's been that way along time.......there is a money machine that's got a pipeline to Washington and both parties are filling up....at the Leadership level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 05:22 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
By the very definition of the word, the flood of illegal aliens across our southern border is an invasion. If the U.S. government refuses to defend the nation from an invasion, it is up to the people to do so.

I believe piles of dead invaders would act as a great deterrent to those thinking about crossing illegally.
You want to see the justice department go into super investigation mode, shoot an illegal crossing the border. but of course if a drug running illegal shoots a citizen you will be lucky to get Barney Fife to show up.

bill

Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
You want to see the justice department go into super investigation mode, shoot an illegal crossing the border. but of course if a drug running illegal shoots a citizen you will be lucky to get Barney Fife to show up.

bill
Sad, but true. Even if someone living on the border defends their home and family, anx has to kill some illegals to do it, it becomes an international incident, with the Mexican government yowling like a scalded cat, and demanding the homeowner be extradited to Mexico for "justice". The size of their nads is amazing.

The Mexican border is out of control, the cartels operate with impunity, shooting across the border, just for kicks, without fear of return fire. Muling their product up on the backs of border jumpers, and kicking back with Margaritas anx Cubano cigars. All with the blessing of the Mexican government. They are square on the cartels payroll.

I do think, that legalization of pot would make a huge dent in the cartel treasury. There is no sense, to me anyway, in spilling blood over weed. And weed is a large part of the Mexican drug trade. Legalize it, and the cartels are suddenly sitting on growing operations that are worth nothing. Forcing them to lay out cash to try and swap over to Coke, meth, heroine, etc. This will glut the market with these other drugs, and prices will crash, making production and smuggling far less lucrative. Hit them in the cash pipeline, get them wound up, catch tbem with their pants down, scrambling to compensate and start hitting them with specops, and airstrikes, blowing up their production facilities. And dare them to do something about it.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:22 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,525 times
Yeah, a member of a few "militia groups" already reacted like that - or maybe it was to get money for meth - Shawna Forde got capital punishment for the deaths of Brisenia Flores and her father: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders...risenia_Flores

Old 05-10-2013, 10:16 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Yeah, a member of a few "militia groups" already reacted like that - or maybe it was to get money for meth - Shawna Forde got capital punishment for the deaths of Brisenia Flores and her father: Murders of Raul and Brisenia Flores - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is an entirely different type of incident. These were rouge criminals, murderers. That they were supposedly members of the Minutemen. should then, reflect on everyone?

My post was not advocating that civilian militia cross the border, anyway. I was talking about hitting the cartels with military assets. As to folks defending themselves, who live along the border, these murders you linked to does not bear on that. I am talking about justified and legal self defense by honest citizens.

I do not agree with unsupervised, uncontrolled, militia, with no clear ROE, deploying, willy nilly, along the border, either. There needs to be an organized chain of command, and accountability. The law must be followed. Personell who are bearing arms need to be vetted, trained and competent. Raving drunks and armchair commandos need not apply. They can have a seperate command structure, but these commanders should report to the Border Patrol, and proper communications with people in the field is paramount.

Those in the field need to have clear orders, and nobody goes out weapons free, as SOP.Interdiction is the mission, not engagement, and this needs to be followed. If self defense becomes required, there had better be a clear, armed threat. These are a few things I would start with, as far as militia deploying on the border. I have nothing against the idea, however, this falls under common defense, and militia is subject to the same operational parameters as the Border Patrol and National Guard. Since I would consider militia to be an in cadre', supplemental, force, in this, it would not be out of line to have a Border Patrol offlicer, or NG, with militia forces. In command. The extra manpower is a good thing, but, they should be under command of the Federal forces that have jurisdiction in the area.

Any militia who can't get on board with that program, and want autonomous operation, can pack up and go home. This will weed out the wannabes that are just spoiling for a fight. They have to act like real soldiers, follow orders, respect the chain of command, recognize and respect the ROE, and, they will be subject to the UCMJ, for misconduct.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
What if a Militia Group believed that the condition on the Mexican border amounted to an act of war against the U.S.A.?
Let them go and fight the Mexican army if they want to. I'm staying home.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 PM

62,890 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This is an entirely different type of incident. These were rouge criminals, murderers. That they were supposedly members of the Minutemen. should then, reflect on everyone?

My post was not advocating that civilian militia cross the border, anyway. I was talking about hitting the cartels with military assets. As to folks defending themselves, who live along the border, these murders you linked to does not bear on that. I am talking about justified and legal self defense by honest citizens.

I do not agree with unsupervised, uncontrolled, militia, with no clear ROE, deploying, willy nilly, along the border, either. There needs to be an organized chain of command, and accountability. The law must be followed. Personell who are bearing arms need to be vetted, trained and competent. Raving drunks and armchair commandos need not apply. They can have a seperate command structure, but these commanders should report to the Border Patrol, and proper communications with people in the field is paramount.

Those in the field need to have clear orders, and nobody goes out weapons free, as SOP.Interdiction is the mission, not engagement, and this needs to be followed. If self defense becomes required, there had better be a clear, armed threat. These are a few things I would start with, as far as militia deploying on the border. I have nothing against the idea, however, this falls under common defense, and militia is subject to the same operational parameters as the Border Patrol and National Guard. Since I would consider militia to be an in cadre', supplemental, force, in this, it would not be out of line to have a Border Patrol offlicer, or NG, with militia forces. In command. The extra manpower is a good thing, but, they should be under command of the Federal forces that have jurisdiction in the area.

Any militia who can't get on board with that program, and want autonomous operation, can pack up and go home. This will weed out the wannabes that are just spoiling for a fight. They have to act like real soldiers, follow orders, respect the chain of command, recognize and respect the ROE, and, they will be subject to the UCMJ, for misconduct.
You're right on about the Minutemen. Those who have a vested interest in protecting illegals from detection flame the entire group for a couple of idiots within their ranks. Those radicals were already outsted from the MM organization before they committed their ugly deeds but that doesn't stop the pro-illegals from holding them up as examples of the entire organization. That incident was about a drug deal gone bad not just some former MM wanting to kill Mexicans (and no I am not condoning what they did at all and they got what they deserved) They conveniently forget how many of the MM provided water and simple medical care to distressed "migrants" also. Doesn't fit their agenda.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:05 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,531 times
Quote:
I'm not advocating War or annexing Mexico... But the LAWLESSNESS that exist there has spread here...
Lawlessness due to our drug policy and our armament of their cartels. . .

We are to blame for Mexico, no one else. Its the biggest reason to legalize the drugs. . .Mexico should do it at least.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,040 times
Default This started a long time ago

Quote:
This is why the problem will not be solved by either party, The Dems want more voters and the Repubs want cheap labor for there corporate masters.
Our borders should be secure, but its not going to happen with the the current scum we have in office.

bill
THE FAT CATS love cheap labor...and the Cats at the top are all fat. I'm independent I support gun rights, I think a person should not be able to vote if he pays no taxes.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:55 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
better yet, look at what Portugal did. legalized all drugs, and drug usage and drug crime all went down.
What? And starve the big banks that launder the money? Foolish thought, but right on.

Quote:
This is why the problem will not be solved by either party, The Dems want more voters and the Repubs want cheap labor for there corporate masters.
Our borders should be secure, but its not going to happen with the the current scum we have in office.bill
OK, get this folks. One more time. They(both party's) want to allow them so they can give them a number. Can't collect taxes from the under table folks. Yeah both of the scum in DC have their own agenda on this. But numbering them is what .gov really wants.

Quote:
I am thinking both parties are rich, at the leadership level.........in fact all organizations are set up to make people at the top rich.........left and right..even Ron Paul made money the last cycle.........

Now if you really want to know what is going on you will have to spend some FRN's to buy this book.
The Underground Empire: Where Crime and Governments Embrace

Here is the book description:
The true story of the underground empire of crime detailing a world of men and women who engage massivley in every crime conceivable including murder, kidnapping, subversion, but chiefly in narcotics trafficking. In this work, revealing true identities, the author centres his narrative on three kings of the empire: Alberto Sicilia-Falcan, a homicidal and homosexual, devil-worshipping Cuban, ruler of the Mexican drug trade; David Steinberg, a young American entrepreneur who, at the age of 30, was earning a million dollars a day from marijuana; and Lu Hsu-Shui, a reclusive Chinese responsible for most of the heroin trade from south-east Asia. These men dealt at the highest levels, even with presidents of nations, and they had the financial power to buy their own armies, diplomats, intelligence services, banks, merchant fleets and airlines. James Milles worked from the inside of Centrac (the US government agency set up to combat multi-national drug networks) for five years, and he had access to both documents from, and personnel of, Centrac. He worked with agents, prosecutors, informants and in many cases, the criminals themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies