Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Yes and no imo.

But this POS needs to experience real pain though that won't happen in this country, in fact he'll probably get his every wish (other than be released) served him while in prison and till he gets out and he will.
Exactly what experience do you have with the prison system? Have you ever worked in any capacity in a prison, or visited a prison, or even done any real research on conditions in prison?

"His every wish" WILL NOT "be served him while in prison." That's just a ridiculous statement.

educate yourself:
Miami Herald News Reports on Frank Valdes case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,704 times
c
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's the truth.

Not a cheap political jab.

We are better than they are.
There's a time and a place for everything.

I'm of the opinion that now is the time to talk about who the victims were, to remember them and honor their lives.

When all we can do is talk politics while the bodies are not even in the ground yet it demeans both ourselves and the victims.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
So what is he "a great person?"

Okay great lets ask someone to kiss him and say what he did was okay, set him free and tell him that he can do it again.

My status line is a bad one for this Politics forum because of the polarized love for certain politicians in that if I call them out I get the "hate label" as I'm in a round about way getting here.

"LOVE and NOT HATE one another" is not for terrorists like this "great person".
If the status line had more room I'd state that.
Please quote anywhere that I said he was a "great person."

You seem to think only in extremes. Why in the world should this man be set free? There's NOT A CHANCE he will not be convicted of a crime here. Again, you and ridiculous extremes.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Torture Penalty would be a better option. Right to the edge of death and then let him recover and then do it again.

No , this was one of the reasons Americans decided to break their ties with my ancestors. Have you ever seen the Tower of London and the what the British had in the way of torture impliments? What the English did to William Wallace was no exageration!

At least the poster didn't call for burning him alive at the stake!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Exactly what experience do you have with the prison system? Have you ever worked in any capacity in a prison, or visited a prison, or even done any real research on conditions in prison?

"His every wish" WILL NOT "be served him while in prison." That's just a ridiculous statement.

educate yourself:
Miami Herald News Reports on Frank Valdes case
I was making a point - of course that it won't be "club med".
It seems that with people like this that they get the wrong attention by some.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
My aversion to death penalty isn't about morality, it's about the fact that it cost tax payers more to execute a criminal than sentence him to life, and also, there are no retrials for someone who is dead. What if in 20 years it's discovered that this kid was forced to help carry out these acts under the threat of death? There have been many people executed who were later proven innocent. As much as I want this psycho to have his limbs blown off and die a painful death, I'd rather have him live than risk killing more innocent people.
I'd like to see numbers on your theory.

1. Exactly how much does it cost to execute?

2. Exactly how much does it cost to feed and shelter someone for, oh, say 50 years?

Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I like the idea of a public square stockade for 10 years and then transfer to the guillotine

I'd suggest justice. Administered by passing him through a wood chipper. Sloooly.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I'm pretty liberal, but I believe in the death penalty if it's a smoking gun type case. There's something repulsive about keeping a scumbag like Richard Ramirez alive on the taxpayer's dime.
Tax payers dime. How original.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'd like to see numbers on your theory.

1. Exactly how much does it cost to execute?

2. Exactly how much does it cost to feed and shelter someone for, oh, say 50 years?
There are all the numbers you could ever want on those two questions on the Death Penalty Information Center site. That is IF you really want to know the truth and not just a site which will validate one's bias.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Please quote anywhere that I said he was a "great person."

You seem to think only in extremes. Why in the world should this man be set free? There's NOT A CHANCE he will not be convicted of a crime here. Again, you and ridiculous extremes.
You questioned why I call him a "POS", so my response will be in the opposite extreme as you didn't like the term I used. That's it. People who know me in CD (not in Politics - could be a rough forum in comparison from my experience) eventually get the meaning of what I write lol!.

I'm steamed about this ordeal so well my mood isn't the best when it comes discussing about him and his brother and what they did to those poor innocent people and their families while joking about it afterwards. My love and prayers goes out to the victims and their families/acquaintances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies