Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 12:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

That depends on the law violated and the circumsatnes.For example a wrrant is required i a assult thatthe police did not witness with no other witnesses. nut that does not aplly i most states to family violence.One always has to realise that maranda only applies admissablity i a court of law of evideence obtail thru it. Inthis case a se pecific law allows certai eprosns to querstion the accused but that evidence is not allow in testimny i court same as when court rules on any testmoany of law enforcemnt.Lots of excemptions such as police askig drivers in wrecks they are investiaging altho one could reasonably assume they will issue tickets to one of the drivers likely.There are alot of exceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 12:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I know the answer. You folks just want to toss the old document to the side so you feel safe. Just what the terrorists goal is.
You don't understand this issue.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:21 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Where do you guys get this sh.t?
Us guys?

It is actually what happened in the Iraq helicopter murder cases.

Read up.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
If he admits, outside miranda, placing the bomb per the video, it does immunize.

It is an ex post facto, government-manufactured vaccination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Where do you guys get this sh.t?
Tv of course..

Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They are talking about whether treating him as a enemy combatant. That is what I'm referring to. I guess you got lost in your know it all nothing banter about the actual debate being had by folks like Lindsey Grahmnesty.
I assume you finally researched Miranda Warning, realized you were misinformed, and now are attempting to take this topic to a new direction

Old 04-20-2013, 12:25 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Agreed, but once again, even us citizens arent required to be mriandized unless
A) They are being interrogated
AND
B) That information will be used to prosecute him, and not just obtain information for other reasons.

To explain this,
People can be arrested, and thrown in jail, and never questioned.. (lots of people are)
or
People can be questioned about other activities you might know about, and provided these other activities arent used to prosecute you, then you still dont have to be mirandized, if its only to obtain information.
The right to maintain silence...really is not realistic. You also have the right to talk and lie. The problem is in the technique of interrogation. Once a person opens there mouth if they are not skilled or trained liars or lawyers..the interrogator looks for contradictions. The right to remain silent is to grant protection to the weak who may also be weak of mind and can not protect themselves on an intellectual basis.

It is a flawed right and law. It may also be an American invention. I don't believe that they have this measure in Canada. They simply arrest you and you get one phone call, too a lawyer if you have one. That lawyer will instruct you...usually the cops are listening in on another line. The instructions that the lawyer usually gives are brief. It usually consists of "shut up and say little"..

Our British style system is less harsh than yours. It's very formal with less drama. If you are charged you usually see a judge the next morning..Not long ago a Justice of the peace may arrive at the station...and if they see you are not a threat and can speak well - they send you home with a promise to appear...few people fail to appear.

I really do not have a point here other than showing that American law talks more about rights and freedoms. Where as Canadian law does not pretend that you have rights that you don't really have. I guess Canadian authorities are honest crooks where as American ones like to keep up the idea that there is justice, We here know that there is no justice....They quickly figure out if you are on their team or not. Put simply you are either part of their club or you are an outsider.

There is actually a law in our criminal code that has a term "Killing with the mind" - so if you can drive another into the grave without breaching the law it is legal- but you can not frighten little old ladies to death. If they feel you can kill with the mind- you are instantly on their team...Our judicial crooks don't waste human resource or talent.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
If he admits, outside miranda, placing the bomb per the video, it does immunize.

It is an ex post facto, government-manufactured vaccination.

I give up! I can't debate with total nonsense!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:28 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tv of course..
How do YOU think those murderers got off?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
How do YOU think those murderers got off?
Dont know what murderers you are talking about but if they got off, its not because they werent read their miranda warning, it would have been due to a lack of evidence.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Doesn't matter what you guys feel, or think or know.
It's what the DOJ says that matters and the DOJ said it was a-ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies