Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You keep saying the same IGNORANT thing.

There are a number of heterosexual men who ARE interested and attracted to teenage girls. Do you really think heterosexual men will not make any passes at the girls who they find attractive? Do you seriously doubt it....
It works both ways. Homosexuals will do what some heterosexuals will do. In some cases both are attracted to "young stuff" if they can get away with it they will act on their attraction. Gays are not exempt in the area of poor judgement and selfish needs...nor are straights...It's about conduct.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:07 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It works both ways. Homosexuals will do what some heterosexuals will do. In some cases both are attracted to "young stuff" if they can get away with it they will act on their attraction. Gays are not exempt in the area of poor judgement and selfish needs...nor are straights...It's about conduct.
I agree.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 AM

147 posts, read 113,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It really is about conduct and that's why organizations need to put certain safety measures in place. I'm sure that many heterosexual men would not take advantage of young teenage girls, but some most certainly will, so certain measures were put in place by the girl scouts to ban men from taking girls out camping overnight.

It's perfectly within reason for the boy scouts to ban homosexual men from serving as leads over boy scout troops. The ban in place is to make certain that there are safety measures to guard against those who will engage in indecent behaviors.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:16 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
God also hate judgers like you by what your bible says, so get over yourself and admit your self hatred and denial of being gay. The louder one screams about gays, the more likely they are in denial. If one is comfortable in their sexuality they would not gripe so much.
Actually why I don't like the sex act of homosexuality I have seen too many people who were gay die of aids.. too many... and satan comes to kill steal and destroy mankind. Young men who didn't get to live their life out as they should.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
You mean, "separate but equal"? We know how well that works, don't we....
Well they are not trying separate but equal. Instead they are both trying to "own" one organization via lawsuits and public outrage. How well is that working out ?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
It really is about conduct and that's why organizations need to put certain safety measures in place. I'm sure that many heterosexual men would not take advantage of young teenage girls, but some most certainly will, so certain measures were put in place by the girl scouts to ban men from taking girls out camping overnight.

It's perfectly within reason for the boy scouts to ban homosexual men from serving as leads over boy scout troops. The ban in place is to make certain that there are safety measures to guard against those who will engage in indecent behaviors.
Accommodations, but not a ban
Quote:
Men who camp with a Girl Scout Troop must follow all volunteer procedures
When men are part of the Girl Scout Troop leadership team, separate sleeping arrangements must be
provided. No men maysleep in the same room as girls; a separate room, tent, or sleeping area must be provided. In the case of a husband and wife team, separate sleeping arrangements away from the girls and other volunteers is recommended.
http://www.gsnetx.org/LinkClick.aspx...A%3D&tabid=222

Old 04-21-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Actually why I don't like the sex act of homosexuality I have seen too many people who were gay die of aids.. too many... and satan comes to kill steal and destroy mankind. Young men who didn't get to live their life out as they should.
When I was a teen, I recall MTV's real world show was very popular. This was actually the first version of "reality tv." A young gay guy named Pedro Zimora who happened to have AIDS was featured on the program. I recall many of his MTV housemates tried to be kind and non judgmental, but he appeared to be very angry at his circumstances. This guy had just completed college, but he decided to go to a house party and have unprotected sex with a guy that he had just met at the party, and apparently that's how he contracted HIV.

I didn't know much about HIV or AIDS, but I do recall thinking, why didn't he make better choices. The best choice would have been not to have sex, but if he couldn't control himself, at least he should have insisted on a condom. Pedro died before the show finished airing.

The takeaway is, we have the right to live our lives however we wish, but we have to remember that each action has a consequence.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:26 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post

That seems logical and fair. There is a problem though. The gay community would find these restrictions to be an insult against the gay community. We are led to believe that all gays are poor suffering and persecuted people who are ALL good. Nasty exists and the gay world is not exempt. Frankly it would not be openly gay males that might be the problem but the "uncle Billy" types who appear straight but are not. The ones that will cause the damage are the ones that are unseen.

I wonder if gays would comply to the same rules as were mentioned regarding Girl Scouts where it is stipulated that there be no over night supervision by those of the opposite sex?

Honorable conduct might depend on what part or segment of gay culture the subject is part of. There are some gays who are capable of mature good conduct...and then there is the debauched crowd of coke snorting hedonists...where there is a culture of anything goes. The gay world is not a uniform entity..There are all types.

Supporters of gay rights have this notion that all gays are the same - Just like racists of old assume that all blacks are the same.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Accommodations, but not a ban
Yes, but I don't see anywhere in the policy, where men are allowed to go camping with girl scouts, without a female leader accompanying them.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well they are not trying separate but equal. Instead they are both trying to "own" one organization via lawsuits and public outrage. How well is that working out ?
Not a done deal yet - still in the process of being worked out, and it might take some lawsuits to get it done. Won't be the first time that reluctant Americans are forced by law to do the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies