Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,298,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
LOL, You dare call me gullible, when it's you who are confused about your very identity. This coming from a man who sleeps with men. What hypocrisy!
I call you gullible, put that's probably not the correct word. You believe what you want to believe in the face of evidence.

Exhibit A:

Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,017,223 times
Quote:
Obviously, my son is not a member of the boyscouts because my husband and I had our own concerns about this group. As parents our role is to keep our children safe, until they can defend themselves. I could never condone or allow my son to listen to a gay man discuss his sexual partner. Not in a million years would I ever allow this. You'd have to kill me first.
Hopefully, when your son becomes an adult, he will decide what he likes and doesn't like based on his own common sense, logic, and reason. Considering his fundamental upbringing, he will surely have a harder time assimilating with secular peers in the real world when he goes onto college and full time employment. This may be awkward for him. I'm sure your plan is to keep him sheltered from reality as long as possible through home schooling, followed by a prompt entry into a Christian college or seminary. This may work. Or, it may not.

If it turns out your son is gay, how will you handle it Mom? Will you pray to the Lord to "fix" him, or will you just disown him like many fundie parents that are faced with that dilemma? Do you really believe that children who spend time with gay people will "become gay" as adults?

Old 04-20-2013, 04:41 PM

106 posts, read 81,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Then why doesn't the organization ban heterosexuality?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2nqdUt7yhf...ck-a-mole2.jpg
No one has an interest in banning heterosexuality because it's normal behavior. Again, men and women have the ability to create life when they are joined as one. Why would anyone be interested in outlawing the activity that allows us to create children. Use your brain for a second.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:44 PM

33,563 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Do mixed fiber wearers not flaunt their life style?
Do mixed fiber wearers not get married?
Do mixed fiber wearers intend to stop their actions?

I don't see the difference
God will judge your words.. making light of what his word says. Did not God have wisdom?.. mixing wool and linen was told to us because wool shrinks and linen does not..

God also says to seek quality and also purity. Mixing such fabrics would be not wise to do.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,491,142 times
Quote:
Boyscouts will eventually be forced to allow Homosexual leaders, scouts, etc.. when that happens Christians walk

No, "Christians" won't "walk." Those who call themselves "Christian" aren't Christian. That's very clear.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:46 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,564 times
Quote:
Don't you remember the scenes from the Bible where Jesus shuns all the homosexuals? It's right after he gets grossed out by that leper.
"They shall surely be put to death."

Old 04-20-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
No one has an interest in banning heterosexuality because it's normal behavior. Again, men and women have the ability to create life when they are joined as one. Why would anyone be interested in outlawing the activity that allows us to create children. Use your brain for a second.
Brain - Activate!

Are you now claiming that the BSA wants to outlaw homosexuality? Can you provide a citation?
I don't believe that anyone is interested in outlawing the activity that allows us to create children. What are you talking about?

You stated that the BSA
Quote:
is not about sex, it's about camping.
If so, then what does a person's sexuality have to do with it?
Why ban one sexuality and not another?

33,563 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
So, let me get this straight. Gay people have sex as children, they want to join the scouts to have sex with other children...and being gay = thinking about having sex 24/7?
YOur answer makes no sense. Homosexuality is unnatural. Next pedophilia will be accepted under tolerance.. Nambla is working on that under the guise of the same format.. equality.

106 posts, read 81,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Hopefully, when your son becomes an adult, he will decide what he likes and doesn't like based on his own common sense, logic, and reason. Considering his fundamental upbringing, he will surely have a harder time assimilating with secular peers in the real world when he goes onto college and full time employment. This may be awkward for him. I'm sure your plan is to keep him sheltered from reality as long as possible through home schooling, followed by a prompt entry into a Christian college or seminary. This may work. Or, it may not.

If it turns out your son is gay, how will you handle it Mom? Will you pray to the Lord to "fix" him, or will you just disown him like many fundie parents that are faced with that dilemma? Do you really believe that children who spend time with gay people will "become gay" as adults?
I have been very blessed to have healthy normal children. I am in no way condeming parents that aren't as fortunate, I just want the madness to stop. At least admit that homosexuality is abnormal and stop acting like it's something that should be celebrated and encouraged. If you are gay and want to live out your lifestyle, keep your bedroom scenes private and stop demanding that private organizations that cater to boys recognize homosexuality as a normal practice, especially when organizations like BSA are funded primarily by the Church.

Just start your own organizations and celebrate with other "proud" homosexuals.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God will judge your words..
Gods do not exist.

Quote:
Did not God have wisdom?
No. Gods do not exist.

Quote:
.. mixing wool and linen was told to us because wool shrinks and linen does not..

God also says to seek quality and also purity. Mixing such fabrics would be not wise to do.
Are people who wear wool and linen allowed to take kids camping in the BSA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies