Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,684,271 times

Advertisements

I am sure he would have signed up for a background check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,890,148 times
I am, for this board, a notorious Liberal and I do not agree with the Massachusetts gun laws and never have. I prefer the laws of conservative New Hampshire and very liberal Vermont.

Of course they had illegal guns. They also had illegal bombs. They were criminals. They were also inept, relatively ineffective and their escape plan was a bad joke.

I may not be the brightest bulb in the string but I do not mix Nazi and Communist metaphors in the same sentence. I suggest you stop insulting your local post by comparing it to yourself.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,496,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah, trouble is with these proposed background check laws, you won't know they've been broken until it's too late. Background check laws will not stop any criminal from getting a gun and that alone should be the goal shouldn't it? Once again, only people who abide by this law will follow through and get the background check so what good is it?

Just for your information: Contrary to what the media and corrupt politicians want you to believe, any gun bought on the site you listed along with all other sites that sell guns, MUST be mailed to a licensed FFL dealer where a background check will be conducted on the buyer. You should really check in nto these things before you make a false argument. You wouldn't want to look like you don't know what you are talking about would you?
How do we know that one brother or the other did not submit to a background check when they purchased their firearms? Before the Boston Bombing neither brother was wanted by the law. Neither brother had been convicted of a felony. Both were naturalized US citizens. They would have passed a background check easily.

This is a fine example of how background checks would have been completely useless since neither brother was a criminal prior to the bombing.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,188,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who would have imagined a couple folks who didn't have gun permits would have guns. I can't believe it myself. No word on whether they had bomb permits or not. Stupid liberals.

"CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts police official say the brothers suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon before having shootouts with authorities didn't have gun permits.
Cambridge Police Commissioner Robert Haas tells The Associated Press in an interview Sunday that neither Tamerlan Tsarnaev (tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) nor his brother Dzhokhar had permission to carry firearms.
He says it's unclear whether either ever applied and the applications aren't considered public records.
But he says the 19-year-old Dzhokhar (joh-KHAR') would have been denied a permit because of his age. Only people 21 or older are allowed gun licenses in Massachusetts."

Mass. police: Bomb suspects didn't have gun permit
Say it ain't so!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,761,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
The two terrorist bombers had illegal guns that would not have been BGC in anyway. They did not have a permit or in anyway comply to the MITT ROMNEY rules of the peoples republic of Mass. ********* liberals you want to take the rights of law abiding Americas away but you want to forgive every bomber and be more tolerant of radical Islam. Your as dumb as posts.
Fixed it for you.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,641,897 times
The guns were secondary to the bombs they set off.
Are you saying if they had no guns they wouldn't have bothered with the bombs ?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,761,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I prefer the laws of conservative New Hampshire and very liberal Vermont.
That's probably where they bought them. They have very liberal gun laws.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:48 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,240,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Fixed it for you.
The gun laws in effect in MA today were passed in 1998, five years before Romney took office.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,144,707 times
And the Sandy Hook loon's guns were obtained legally...your point (I mean other than you spamming the board with liberal bashing threads)?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:56 AM

315 posts, read 256,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
And the Sandy Hook loon's guns were obtained legally...your point (I mean other than you spamming the board with liberal bashing threads)?
The Mother in the SH incident was giving guns to a retard. The problem was an idiot mother not guns. You *******s want to ban guns from people who have had them for years and never killed anything but a paper target. You then want to afford all the rights normal people have to terrorists. You don't focus on bombs and pressure cookers but you focus on guns. Your idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies