Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 02:11 PM

39 posts, read 54,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't think he'll run in 2014
I think you mean 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 02:22 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsg9000 View Post
I think you mean 2016.
Yes; Thanks for the correction. He runs for re-election of governor in 2014. Had my yeas mixed up.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:58 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
He still could get the {R} nod in 2016, if Mittens did then anybody could. Lets not forget Romney signed gun control measures and was instrumental in starting the gay marriage issue. Most {R}s fall for rhetoric and ignore the record.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Nice to see a moderate republican with balls. The right wingers will rant and whine, but they won't vote democrat. Judging by what I have seen, Christie is MUCH more honest and authentic than Romney. I probably would not vote for him, but he at least seems like he can say the right thing at the right moment (yes, he should have shown appreciation to Obama, and he should do something on gun control), even if it is politically controversial.

As an aside, I think the guy is in terrible health, and that could work against him. But if he can lose some of it, it could become a big plus for him. Also, since most of us are overweight, many of us can relate to him at some level. I mean how many of us look like Mitt Romney?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
How about we just enforce the laws we already have?
Amazing part of all this...more laws more laws..and we keep giving away our rights.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:42 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Ah, Chris Christie: King of the RINOs. This is yet another example of why Chris Christie will not win a Republican presidental primary. I wish he would just go ahead and switch parties.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
CC is a perfect example of a RWNJ.

except hes more ******* than republican.
for all practical purposes, hes an obama leg-humping, liberal ding a ling...

Old 04-26-2013, 06:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

If you purchase illegal drugs you are supporting the violence.

Like we learned the hard way with alcohol prohibition, violence always follows restricting freedom, where money is to be made.

The bad thing is, our very own Government is repeating the same mistake and expecting different results.

Let people be free and there would be less violence. We all know theft and harm are bad, but we don't need progressive intervention laws, that keep us safe from ourselves.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
lol @ banning the Barrett .50 cal. I've only ever heard of 1 instance where any .50 cal rifle was used in a crime, and that was a gun from the Obama admin's 'Fast and Furious' program that went to a Mexican drug gang.

I think this means that Christie does not plan to seek the R nomination in 2016. No way he could get thru the primary. Remember, Romney had a tough time getting thru, and only got it after a whole group with more conservative track records imploded.

I still think that there's a chance Christie could switch parties and run as a D in 2016. If Hillary doesn't run, which I don't believe she will, D's will have few other prospects.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsg9000 View Post
Highlights of his proposal, in response to the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut:

~Expanded background checks for gun purchases.

~Toughen laws by mandating that mental-health records be included in the instant background-check process at the time of a firearm purchase.

~Impose or strengthen criminal penalties for selling firearms to convicted felons, possessing a gun with the intent to unlawfully transfer, unlawfully possessing ammunition, and engaging in firearms trafficking.

~Ban purchases of the .50-caliber Barrett rifle.

~Parental consent for minors to buy violent video games.

~Make it easier for doctors and courts to commit “potentially dangerous” people for mental-health treatment.

Christie said New Jersey’s gun-control laws are already considered the second-toughest in the nation by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. He cited the state’s assault- weapons ban, a seven-day waiting period prior to any firearm purchase, the third-strictest capacity laws on magazine capacity in the country and a one-gun-a-month law.

Source.

sounds reasonable

the left wont like it becuase it doesnt take weapons away from the public though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies