Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:51 AM

90 posts, read 64,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There has been so much focus on immigration from Mexico and other Latin American countries that immigration from other countries that are not Latin American goes under the radar and they are milking the system in a big way. Due to where I live, I see this all the time. Russian immigration to the USA is never discussed on the forum, but I could write book.
To walk down parts of Fla now you will hear Russian or Ukraine. I think in general they are less of a threat than Muslims but not devoid of threats.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by putlocker View Post
To walk down parts of Fla now you will hear Russian or Ukraine. I think in general they are less of a threat than Muslims but not devoid of threats.
I am not talking about them being a terrorist treat. I am talking about milking the stystem and incredible Medicaid/Medicare fraud. Money laundering is rampant. The area in Brooklyn where my dad lives has twelve banks on a six block shopping strip. The surrounding neighborhoods also have an inordinate amount of banks. It's surreal. Assimilation is a joke, Russian kids that are raised and schooled here are never heard speaking English on the street.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Allahu Akbar means "God is Great." Just for the record, Muslims believe that the Jewish Torah and the Christian Bible are all holy scripture, and although they don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah, they believe he was a prophet, like Abraham. Christians, Jews and Muslims all believe in the same God, based in a common set of religious traditions based in the Quran, the Jewish Torah, and the Christian Old Testament.

How would you feel if the Mom was a Christian and she'd said this:

I don't care if my youngest son is killed. I don't care if I'm killed. I will say Praise the Lord!

I think the mom is a major nut, and she defiinitely has some Islamic fundamentalist views, but I don't think proclaiming that you love God in itself makes you a terrorist.
They are taught to strap bombs on themselves and kill others and themself.. and get a reward in heaven..this itself is crazy.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Exactly. And I really don't see how it's any worse than this: 2nd Child of PA Couple Dies After Only Praying. In both cases, the parents are basically sacrificing their children in the name of religion. Both situations seem equally insane and unbalanced to me.
That's just it--fundamentalist nuts are fundamentalist nuts, whether they're Muslim or Christian. Eric Rudolph was a fundamentalist Christian nut who bombed the Olympic Park in 1996 (killing one and injuring over 100) to make a statement about abortion. Tim McVeigh was an anti-government extremist Christian too. The faith people belong to isn't the issue--it's when people have a nutty, extremist view of ANY faith that they start carrying out violent acts in the "name of God."

I'm a Christian, and I can no more be roped in with what Eric Rudolph and Tim McVeigh believed than the average Muslim should be included with what the fundamentalist Muslim terrorists believe.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,037 times
Islam is extremely violent.
"Anyone who rejects verdict of God must be put to death".

Directly from the Qur'an.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They are taught to strap bombs on themselves and kill others and themself.. and get a reward in heaven..this itself is crazy.
Islamic fundamentalist terrorists believe that--just like Christians throughout the ages have run holy wars because they perverted scripture to believe God wanted them to go in and kill the "infidels." Remember the crusades? Or the Inquisition? As a Christian, do you believe that it's ok to go into an area and kill everyone because they're not Christians? I'm hoping the answer is no. The vast majority of Muslims don't believe that either, but Islamic fundamentalist terrorists, just like Christian terrorists, pervert scripture to justify violence. Fundamentalist Christian extremists/terrorists believe God will reward them with a place in heaven too. Although the Westboro Baptist Church doesn't go out and kill people, they think all of the worlds problems are caused by God hating us because people are gay, and that THEY'RE going to heaven because they protest mainstream Christians. They're all nuts. You're confusing the behavior of EXTREMISTS with the behavior of the majority.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Islamic fundamentalist terrorists believe that--just like Christians throughout the ages have run holy wars because they perverted scripture to believe God wanted them to go in and kill the "infidels." Remember the crusades? Or the Inquisition? As a Christian, do you believe that it's ok to go into an area and kill everyone because they're not Christians? I'm hoping the answer is no. The vast majority of Muslims don't believe that either, but Islamic fundamentalist terrorists, just like Christian terrorists, pervert scripture to justify violence. Fundamentalist Christian extremists/terrorists believe God will reward them with a place in heaven too. Although the Westboro Baptist Church doesn't go out and kill people, they think all of the worlds problems are caused by God hating us because people are gay, and that THEY'RE going to heaven because they protest mainstream Christians. They're all nuts. You're confusing the behavior of EXTREMISTS with the behavior of the majority.
It is the here and now where the muslims are today.. not too many extremist Christians , but there are many muslims that go to training camps to learn how to commit terrorism.

90 posts, read 64,422 times
I don't care that her oldest son was shot and run over by her younger son. I also don't care that the younger son will be rear raped for the rest of his life. I just don't care, GOD IS GREAT. lol

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
That's just it--fundamentalist nuts are fundamentalist nuts, whether they're Muslim or Christian. Eric Rudolph was a fundamentalist Christian nut who bombed the Olympic Park in 1996 (killing one and injuring over 100) to make a statement about abortion. Tim McVeigh was an anti-government extremist Christian too. The faith people belong to isn't the issue--it's when people have a nutty, extremist view of ANY faith that they start carrying out violent acts in the "name of God."

I'm a Christian, and I can no more be roped in with what Eric Rudolph and Tim McVeigh believed than the average Muslim should be included with what the fundamentalist Muslim terrorists believe.
True but muslim nuts outnumber the christian nuts 1,000,000,000 to one. There is no comparison. There is no world wide issue with christians going off the deep end taking many lives with them. In fact, if you've noticed, its the crazy muslim issue that is a world wide issue. Although most muslims to not partake in such terror, they know to keep their place or else.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Islam is extremely violent.
"Anyone who rejects verdict of God must be put to death".

Directly from the Qur'an.
Check out Exodus 22:20, Leviticus 20:1-5, Deuteronomy 17:2-7 and see what the Old Testament says about worshiping false idols (meaning anything other than "our" God). There's plenty of rules about HAVING to kill people for failing to follow our faith in the Old Testament too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies