Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

So typical... the same people who scream up and down that background checks won't stop every illegal gun sale are the first to scream up and down that we have to stop punish 1 million new immigrants per so that two of them don't act like total sociopaths.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:24 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
She does appear to be extremely bitter, jaded & constantly complaining about stuff, doesn't she? What a sad life.

She teaches the attitude of Resentment and Hate.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yup, we should have never let them into America:
Still living in the past?

Old 04-24-2013, 04:28 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Then by your own admission, you are part of the problem
The facts are simple, the best years for the middle class of the US was during the middle of a general immigration time out, including legal immigration from the years 1925 -1965. Once LBJ with congress passed the bracero act and lifted the immigration quota from just a few thousand per year to almost one million - not counting the massive inflow of illegal aliens who began coming in the mid-60s as part of the more tolerant law enforcement environment - it was only about 10 years before the middle class' real wages began falling.

It wasn't until the 1970s that the wife in the household needed to work, and by then the influx in certain industries was enormous, construction, retail, janitorial, housekeeping, etc., through now where immigrants have been replacing native born in industries as educated and diverse as medicine and law.

It is not just illegal aliens that have created a terrible situation for the middle class, it has also been legal immigrants who have come in huge, unprecedented numbers not seen in any other nation. The sheer volume of immigrants and their children, causing crowded conditions in schools, roads, and the workplace - just as technology has been reducing the number of employees needed per unit hour - has devastated the middle class of the US. To pretend that the last ~ 50 years of unfettered immigration, both legal and illegal - has not severely damaged the wages of the US middle class is lunacy.

What is most shocking about this is the support of the left and democrats who have sold out the poor/working class blacks and unions - their traditional allies - as a means of pandering and collecting the votes of legal/illegal hispanic immigrants.

I disagree with any conservatives, however, who have tried to tie the Boston bombing attack to the immigration issue, they are unrelated and the case against amnesty and continued open borders for legal/illegal immigrants is more than powerful and justifiable enough to not have to grasp at ridiculous straws like that for evidence.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:32 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
So typical... the same people who scream up and down that background checks won't stop every illegal gun sale are the first to scream up and down that we have to stop punish 1 million new immigrants per so that two of them don't act like total sociopaths.
Just as those who complain we cannot deport 20 million illegals believe you can track down and confiscate 500 million handguns.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I really wish you hadn't put Ann Coulter into my head. I was having a great day. Now I can't get her weirdness out of my mind.

What's up, by the way, with that bleached blonde hair and those ridiculous huge fake black eyelashes???? Is she trying to emulate Tammy Faye Bakker????

Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
100% correct.

I would go even further and stop ALL legal immigration for at least a decade. This country is rapidly approaching critical mass, and in some areas, it has already surpassed it.

The idea of taking 3rd world peoples (no this isnt a race issue) and throwing them into our high tech, modern, and civilized society is not a good idea under any circumstances.

It will result in nothing but problems.
Yes.
But most scientists and engineers are from "third-world countries" too, namely India, China, Iran, Eastern Europe...

Old 04-24-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Actually, we already have that system but is very cumbersome. The new bill will make STEM graduates immigration easier. That is what the country needs to keep being the world leader.

ETA: The only reason shemale coulter is not talking race is because these two losers were literally Caucasian (from the Caucasian Mountain Region)
The STEM bill has been submitted for years and never got passed.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Agreed.

I think we need to separate the issue of legal immigration from the actions of these individuals. There are non-immigrant Americans who have committed mass murder too.

My point is that it is reasonable to look at our immigration policies and ask whether we are admitting people with the levels of education and skills that we want.
"My point is that it is reasonable to look at our immigration policies and ask whether we are admitting people with the levels of education and skills that we want". I agree.

In addition we need to start keeping track of students on Visas. I heard, I believe there are tens of thousands, of "students' that have received a visa and there is NO trace of them.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"My point is that it is reasonable to look at our immigration policies and ask whether we are admitting people with the levels of education and skills that we want". I agree.

In addition we need to start keeping track of students on Visas. I heard, I believe there are tens of thousands, of "students' that have received a visa and there is NO trace of them.
All international students in the US are traced. There is a SEVIS system which records their current status. They pay $100 for this "service" on their own. Their fingerprints are stored too.

If they take fewer credits than required, they will be immediately "out of status" and be deported. International students are not allowed to work off campus and cannot work more than 20 hours per week on campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies