Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 02:42 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,689,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The sermon started out great today. The pastor was talking about how all living things, and even non-living things such as mountains, sing praises to the Lord just by being what they are meant to be.

Then he turned an excellent sermon into a political rant.

He started to say that humans are responsible for global warming, when this is still a controversial topic.

He mentioned Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and even conceded that global warming has occurred in periods before fossil fuels, as Gore states in his book.

He said that Gore was mainly concerned with our own civilization - not the Earth - which will regenerate on its own - which makes it rather clear that Gore just wants to sell books and expand control and regulation, which is the wet dream of all liberals.

The pastor even mentioned Earth Day.

I thought that was the final straw, until he gave the benediction and said these words:

"Think globally, and live liberally".

Does not conservative mean "to conserve?"

Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,760,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They will see their just reward if the continue to scam and hurt others... Read the bible more. Jesus was not easy on the world . Find out just what Jesus requires to be in his kingdom.. Jesus said they are in a state of condemnation already.. they need a savior. Jesus did not come to condemn but to save.. those who Jesus draws to himself will know him. Jesus is kind but he is a just God who loves the sinner but hates the sin.. Jesus wants all who follow him to be like him. Just, Good, Ethical, Moral, and Upright.God takes them as they are and that is called salvation.. salvaging them from the world and making them whole and new and blessed.
You are the least godly creature I've seen on here. No, let me correct that. You are ONE of the least godly people on here. The rest of the ungodlies are, like you, all right wing. Demonic is what right wingers are. If Jesus is on one side of the scale, you're on the other, wearing horns, a red tail, and showing your pointy teeth, and saying, "Yeah, I'm very, very holy."

Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,031,227 times
Quote:
What about you? Can't find it in YOUR HEART or do you want them to go on welfare for life.
He got a job at $15 an hour because he wants some self worth.. like I did when I was poor.. I worked my way out of poverty taking every stinking kind of job I could find till I prospered. Nothing wrong with hard work and not taking freebees all the time. I had my own business and also worked side jobs for extras.. it is called being diligent to keep the wolf from the door.

This fellow probably would not qualify for Obamacare anyway, if he doesn't qualify now.. yet illegals come here and get benefits by Obama for a vote .. the working poor in America have gotten the shaft. I believe in taking care of your own first. God believes in a birth right. One born here should have that right FIRST! Your president doesn't believe in an American Birthright.. he is too concerned with the illegals getting freebees to take care of the real poor. It is flat out disgusting.. he isn't going to qualify and you know it.. one has to have babies to qualify and live off the welfare check the mother gets. How sick this country has become.

Did Jesus believe in taking care of "your own" first? Does he hate liberals? Does he hate those who were not blessed with a high IQ or have an imperfect body and cannot work? Or those too old to work? These words are on the Statue of Liberty; would you advocate for their removal?

EMMA LAZARUS; FAMOUS POEM :"THE NEW COLOSSUS"

Click on the link to read the entire sonnet.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus

Old 04-30-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
A parable spoken by Jesus about the lazy servant.
Matthew Chapter 25
22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’
23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Now don't take this personally, ok, but the stories in the Bible are incredibly badly-written nonsense and hogwash. Boring, making no sense, having no moral of the story, just pure, unbelievably boring nonsense.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Did Jesus believe in taking care of "your own" first? Does he hate liberals? Does he hate those who were not blessed with a high IQ or have an imperfect body and cannot work? Or those too old to work? These words are on the Statue of Liberty; would you advocate for their removal?

Emma Lazarus
I love that poem!

Old 04-30-2013, 02:52 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,031,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Interesting that you neglected to post the rest of the chapter:

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
The Golden Rule...how stunning that people ignore it yet beat their chests proclaiming their holiness.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:53 PM

196 posts, read 116,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Does not conservative mean "to conserve?"
In America conservative used to mean balanced budgets, small government and individual liberty. Now it means T Party for the bible thumpers and the rich. Beginning with Reagan and his quadrupling the national debt the party doesn't have a clue. The good news is that they have been found out. The Democrats have won the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections and Hillary Clinton will kick the dog **** out of Rubio or anyone else they run in 2016.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:55 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,228,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
How awful! A man of the cloth singing the praises of mother nature. Have you ever considered starting your own religion? Something based on more fantasy possibly?
I could be wrong but I think you misunderstood. The point I got out of all this, was his making it known, from the pulpit his leanings. This should not happen. At least that is how I took it and how I feel. I believe it is called separation of church and state. OK, to you it was simply a "mother nature" praise but the OP didn't see ti that way.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:56 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,278,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You are the least godly creature I've seen on here. No, let me correct that. You are ONE of the least godly people on here. The rest of the ungodlies are, like you, all right wing. Demonic is what right wingers are. If Jesus is on one side of the scale, you're on the other, wearing horns, a red tail, and showing your pointy teeth, and saying, "Yeah, I'm very, very holy."
Such tolerance from you and with judgement too. God still loves you..

Old 04-30-2013, 02:59 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,278,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post

Emma Lazarus
You must miss much of what I post.. I said the infirm must be taken care off.. or do you just ignore what I say and post jibberish..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies