Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 11:03 PM

106 posts, read 81,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
There is no such thing as god... you need to accept this and move on.
Remember, the real power is always the entity that you do not see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,313,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Remember, the real power is always the entity that you do not see.
This one?

This one?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,502,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why is it so important that they "come out"? What's wrong with privacy?
It appears that he thought it was important:

Quote:
I’m a 34-year-old NBA center. I’m black. And I’m gay.

I didn’t set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I’m happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn’t the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, “I’m different.” If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I’m raising my hand….

Now I’m a free agent, literally and figuratively. I’ve reached that enviable state in life in which I can do pretty much what I want. And what I want is to continue to play basketball. I still love the game, and I still have something to offer. My coaches and teammates recognize that. At the same time, I want to be genuine and authentic and truthful.
[nothing wrong with that]

Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 PM

106 posts, read 81,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
It appears that he thought it was important:

[nothing wrong with that]
There's nothing wrong with a man telling the world that he enjoys having sex with men? Really?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 PM

688 posts, read 653,387 times
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with a man telling the world that he enjoys having sex with men? Really?
Really.

Plus, Collins tried hard as a Celtic, so I hope he's happy no matter if he's gay or straight.

Rock on, Collins... And, keep smiling!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:22 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,313,661 times
Quote:
Nope.

It's certainly not worse than someone on the internet telling the world that they believe in a thousands of years old comic book character.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,226,971 times
I honestly don't care to hear what the sexual exploits are of a given athlete.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,598,907 times
You can be into beastiality for all I care. Just come to play and keep your private life/sexual preferences off the field and show some respect in the locker room.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,273,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Will they crack that nut before they figure out what is wrong with you?

"Miswire." You're another C-D genius.

You will notice, kids, the strong correlation between genius and hatred of gays, blacks and so on. A family with whom I was friends had four kids. One was extremely smart, one was smart another was average and the oldest was below average. Guess which ones were the most tolerant and which one sounded like Tilt? I see we now have data that seems to validate this hypothesis.
This. ^^

(Couldn't rep you again yet.)

Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 PM

688 posts, read 653,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I honestly don't care to hear what the sexual exploits are of a given athlete.
Thing is that you should take a stance. Gay people are being discriminated against in this country, and to say you "don't care" is the same as saying, "I'll let it continue." This is how slavery stayed legal for so long. I hope you'll consider the ramifications of not caring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies