Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:39 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Depends on the organization. You may think your helping which is what matters most to many. In reality a lot of that money is wasted about on bureaucratic layers withing that organization and if the government is involved they will never have enough.

I stopped donating after Obama was re elected. Folks want the government to take care of them then so be it. I'll still hand a bum on the street a few bucks for a 40oz to get him by for a while but that's about it.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:49 AM

131 posts, read 209,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Depends on the organization. You may think your helping which is what matters most to many. In reality a lot of that money is wasted about on bureaucratic layers withing that organization and if the government is involved they will never have enough.

I stopped donating after Obama was re elected. Folks want the government to take care of them then so be it. I'll still hand a bum on the street a few bucks for a 40oz to get him by for a while but that's about it.
Exactly my point; one may believe they are helping people directly but instead they could be helping the pockets of a select group of people or even just putting something as simple as gas into vehicles. This same concept applies to government, I can believe that my tax-dollars are going towards helping those on the lower-end of society but instead they probably are going to Israel or building a new highway in a rural part of America. The whole idea of taxes is that we all contribute though, although I may not be contributing to what I'd like to contribute to, someone else in the system is.

And I still donate, and I donate spare dollars at times to the 'bum' on the street but it all depends on their approach. I feel uncomfortable donating if you're asking me for money.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:54 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
I was recently involved in threads in the work & employment forum. Once it became clear that I had defeated the anti labor message being used in the subject matter the thread was deleted. I did search about city data and found it favors a certain politic adjenda. If in fact it is a board of simple minded one sided opinions I will leave it too its own misery.
Yep - City Data most definitely is infested with liberals and others of the leftist mindset.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:02 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Intellektuelle View Post
Exactly my point; one may believe they are helping people directly but instead they could be helping the pockets of a select group of people or even just putting something as simple as gas into vehicles. This same concept applies to government, I can believe that my tax-dollars are going towards helping those on the lower-end of society but instead they probably are going to Israel or building a new highway in a rural part of America. The whole idea of taxes is that we all contribute though, although I may not be contributing to what I'd like to contribute to, someone else in the system is.

And I still donate, and I donate spare dollars at times to the 'bum' on the street but it all depends on their approach. I feel uncomfortable donating if you're asking me for money.
Many of the obama voters simply thought the were voting themselves money. Well the government still takes what they can from me but I'm not volunteering any more to the kitty.

As Benjamin Franklin said........

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic"

Old 04-30-2013, 01:08 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's THIS FORUM that is heavily conservatively biased. That's because a lot of low-IQ people with no jobs are drawn to internet forums like moths to a flame. Smart people like me come along to make fun of them in our off-work hours. Real life, of course, is different.
Seriously!

For instance, how the hell does anyone have the time to rack up almost 20,000 posts in less than two years?

Old 04-30-2013, 02:02 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Seriously!

For instance, how the hell does anyone have the time to rack up almost 20,000 posts in less than two years?
They could be paid like those Romney spambots from last year before the election. Then again considering the quality of those posts I'd think their employer would want their money back.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Seriously!

I agree, and if you notice, they are all on the radical right.

Are they paid trolls?

Unemployed losers with nothing better to do?

Welfare recipients?

All of the above?

Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I've never seen such a thing, quite the opposite.

Right wing posters will troll every single thread that isn't trashing the left, with personal attacks and other hijacking attempts. At most their posts will be deleted, though usually the thread is just locked or deletedm all because of these posters childishness.
Where on the other hand, threads trashing the left will stay open, and infractions will be given for doing next to nothing for the left leaning posters.
Gotta say I've had similar experiences. Not complaining or citing any bias, but a lot of good topics have been shut down because a troll hijacked my thread.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Its fun. You get ordinary folks locking horns with a few vocal activists and/or paid political posters trying to push an agenda and counter public opinion. The cause du jour now are attempts to discredit the conspiracy theorists, just recently it was attacking libertarians. Anything that works against the status quo is fair game.
One can hope that eventually their bosses will realize just how ineffective they are and they'll have to find real jobs.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:16 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals only believe in helping anyone and everyone with other peoples money.

Says the dude who voted for Bush and Reagan's deficits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies