Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:49 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

I probably wouldn't notice if Obama left. he did nothing but try to improve his golf game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 07:19 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It'd be a great day for you maybe, but not for the entirety of the USA. You don't have the right to speak for millions of Americans.

I'm not saying Obama is doing a great job either, so don't even think of misconstruing it like that. I'm just calling you out on your BS here. Simple as that.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 PM

745 posts, read 1,438,726 times
President Obama = Finger Pointer in Chief!!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
I love listening to the mindless drowning of conservative whining about President Obama who will be with them until 2016, forming centrist policies. Then some yahoo at the Weakly Standard posts an edited clip of Obama using the term "maybe I'll go home," and they all get boners.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:38 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
WAIT a cotton pickin minnit!!
If obama quits and goes home, BIDEN would become President!
Oh, lordy!!!
Perhaps having obama quit isn't such a good idea after all!
And things will be no different under Biden, no one will be in charge, the various departments like the EPA, HHS, DoJ, and Pelosi and Reid will just do what they want to do, and Biden will run around vacationing, rubbing elbows with the rich and famous, and pushing a few of his top agenda items

Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I love listening to the mindless drowning of conservative whining about President Obama who will be with them until 2016, forming centrist policies. Then some yahoo at the Weakly Standard posts an edited clip of Obama using the term "maybe I'll go home," and they all get boners.
I t was not edited, not one word or phrase was edited.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I t was not edited, not one word or phrase was edited.
They cut him off mid-sentence. He had more to say. The whole comment was:

“If you put it that way, Jonathan, maybe I should just pack up and go home. Golly! You know, I think it’s a little, as Mark Twain said, ‘Rumors of my demise may be a little exaggerated at this point.”

Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 PM

5,576 posts, read 8,003,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Twice elected by a majority of the voters ... someone clearly in-touch with the things most Americans believe are important in our lives.
Three words: argumentum ad populum. Plenty of other Presidents were elected twice, some with crushing margins, but that doesn't mean that they were all great. Taking your argument to its logical conclusion, Reagan must have been the greatest President since Nixon and much greater than Obama , but I have a suspicion you don't rank them in that order. Bush was also elected by a majority in 2004, but I suspect you don't think that highly of Dubya either. Also, he may have obtained a majority, but in 2008 47.1% of the voters voted for someone else, and in 2012 48.9% of the voters voted for someone else - that's a pretty big chunk of the electorate that obviously doesn't feel in touch with Barack Obama.

I would also submit that Barack Obama won because voters hated him less than Mitt Romney, not because they were in love with him. This is supported by Barack's subpar approval ratings throughout his time in office and even right after the election. John McCain and Mitt Romney were very weak candidates and it's pretty hard to lose against competition like that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
WAIT a cotton pickin minnit!!
If obama quits and goes home, BIDEN would become President!
Oh, lordy!!!
Perhaps having obama quit isn't such a good idea after all!
I wouldn't have any problem with Biden being in there as opposed to Obama, but I'd advise you to look at it this way - what have you got to lose?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:16 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Oh PLEASE Go Back to Chicago! The city you helped shape to the wonderful safe city that it is today
Or Actually Kenya would be better he could probably be king there too

Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
I would also submit that Barack Obama won because voters hated him less than Mitt Romney, not because they were in love with him.
0bama won because enough people really, really disliked Romney enough to not bother voting.

He didn't win because of the number of votes he got. He won because of the lack of Romney votes, pure and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies