Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 11:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

This whole incident is simple BS. He should have kept his mouth shut and never mentioned the gun in his truck. When stupid rules are stupid, like pay the East India Company their tea monopoly, rules should be ignored. Or rules like the Navy forbidding us river rats to carry our 1911's cocked and locked.

Schools should not ban guns because it gives the kids the message that we live in a perfectly safe non violent world. Given the crazies shooting groups of unarmed people this is patently absurd. Instead of banning guns schools should be teaching kids how to keep and carry guns where ever the have a legal right to be. That would show the kids not only is the world dangerous but they can, as armed individuals, do something about it.

A side effect of this would likely be a sudden drop in sexual assault and rape as the thugs realized that trying to harm an armed young woman could get them justifiably killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 11:54 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think he just earned his Stupid Badge.
The administrator at the school? I agree. Seems to be a requirement for working in public education these days.

Kid should have just said it's not a gun, it's a clock.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:07 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Plus, the Eagle Scout admitted to not telling the truth about the incident.

In his statement, Withrow said he wanted to correct the misinformation reported to the media.

"I understand this inaccurate information resulted in many agencies and individuals suffering significant harm," he said. "I should have stopped the inaccuracies, and I did not. As a result, I think it is imperative that I now take responsibility for my own actions."

Earlier this week, a school hearing officer upheld Superintendent Ed Croom’s recommendation that the teen receive a long-term suspension. The recommendation is not an expulsion, and Withrow will finish his education at an alternative school.

Read more at Teen who brought guns to school admits he lied, pleads guilty :: WRAL.com
The loser got what he deserved.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:50 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
pssst....this thread is 2 years old.
Weird, because it came up on the right side of the screen under "other active threads".

Old 10-12-2015, 01:25 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Weird, because it came up on the right side of the screen under "other active threads".

Don't sweat the old stuff. I wonder whatever happened to the kid.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:26 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The administrator at the school? I agree. Seems to be a requirement for working in public education these days.

Kid should have just said it's not a gun, it's a clock.

The thread is 2 years old.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:43 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The thread is 2 years old.
You're right. "It's a clock" wouldn't have worked then. Society has gotten dumber in that time.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:28 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Zombie thread, but still valid.

What was the outcome?

When I was in school, in the mountains of No. California - EVERYONE had guns in their trucks in the school parking lot. Every truck in those days had a Winchester, or a Remington or a Shotgun in the rack. Some had all three. If you DIDN'T have a gun you were considered disadvantaged, or a wussie.

When I was 16 the truck broke down off road and my friends and I hiked to a main road and HITCHIKED carrying rifles, and a guy picked us up and gave us a ride! LOL

Try that today kids.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:41 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Zombie thread, but still valid.

What was the outcome?

When I was in school, in the mountains of No. California - EVERYONE had guns in their trucks in the school parking lot. Every truck in those days had a Winchester, or a Remington or a Shotgun in the rack. Some had all three. If you DIDN'T have a gun you were considered disadvantaged, or a wussie.

When I was 16 the truck broke down off road and my friends and I hiked to a main road and HITCHIKED carrying rifles, and a guy picked us up and gave us a ride! LOL

Try that today kids.
Don't lie, everyone knows there weren't trucks in the 1800's. It must have been a horse drawn wagon.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:51 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Ideally he should have left the premises ,then called his mom and had her make the pick up off school grounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies