Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Well why not?

Out there: Former Sen. Mike Gravel says White House suppressing evidence of ETs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Okeedokee.

Gravel is one of six former congress representatives who were paid $20,000 by the UFO advocacy group Paradigm Research to participate in a Congressional-style Citizen Hearing on Disclosure in Washington this week, where witness after witness has presented first-hand accounts of UFO sightings and extraterrestrial visits.

And the 20 grand he got had nothing to do with it.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:53 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Fun little article. I liked the part where this guy said that the fact he was paid $20,000 to appear before this UFO group and 'testify' did not have any bearing on his 'testimony'.

Heck, for only $10,000.00 I will show them an actual photo of an alien*.

*definition of 'alien' to be determined by legalsea in his sole discretion.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 PM

23 posts, read 21,515 times
Personally, I completely believe that aliens exist, that we are not alone in this universe.
that being said...

"Mork calling Orson! Mork calling Orson!"

Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,773,009 times
Well, the idea that our goverment, who are normally as leaky as a sieve, can keep all of this hidden is encouraging.

If the ETs were malevolent and intent on enslaving, destroying or eating us, their obviously superior technology would imply that they were quite capable of making their presence known if they really wanted to. Since they haven't done so, it's more likely they either aren't here or are just observing us.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:49 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,482 times
Any intelligent race in the cosmos would need far superior technology to reach us, so I think its safe to say, if they know were here, were safe.

That said, it wouldnt surprise me if we were left in the dark for fear of panic. Maybe the aliens are waiting for us to mature as a specoes. Either way this story is crap.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Fun little article. I liked the part where this guy said that the fact he was paid $20,000 to appear before this UFO group and 'testify' did not have any bearing on his 'testimony'.

Heck, for only $10,000.00 I will show them an actual photo of an alien*.

*definition of 'alien' to be determined by legalsea in his sole discretion.

For 5K, I'll dress up my dog as an alien and turn his little furry ass in.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Any intelligent race in the cosmos would need far superior technology to reach us, so I think its safe to say, if they know were here, were safe.

That said, it wouldnt surprise me if we were left in the dark for fear of panic. Maybe the aliens are waiting for us to mature as a specoes. Either way this story is crap.
Yeah we continue to advance a few thousand years grow to match them and build a plan of attack and massive force to strike first since instead of Gerard R. Ford class super carriers we will be building the modern Sol solar system battle fleet.

Battle Over Coruscant - Starwars Episode III opening scene - YouTube

since we are human and so far this is just what we do and continue to do which is fight wars but maybe by then we will be untied since we noting unties this plants more than an other species in a nearby solar system ends up being a threat.

We find their out some weakness and use it to our advantages fight them and also match and learn about their technology and integrate into out own to be if not close to their power or more effective than them in terms of technology our us being more aggressive species.

I mean a Civilization that has not been faced with war for thousands of years and at this point in time Mankind has lots of real combat experience and sure war in space is different but chances are if we colonize mars we will have a conflict or plan in case of a conflict with another planet populated by humans in our own and nearby Solar systems.

I mean only the 1% will be able to live on earth since it is our little blue green and white marble looking planet looks better than any other planet out there I mean I think if we somehow can not destroy ourselves and continue to grow then we will be feared.

Plus we are a species that consumes resources and once we begin mining asteroids and comets and colonize planets or moons we will keep growing like we always have.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:05 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Extra Testicles?

Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies