Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:08 PM

580 posts, read 449,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Because feminist/liberals who pretend to be upset when somebody is called a 'sl*t' allow violence against women to happen in the Middle East because it's part of being culturally sensitive to minority populations whose Muslim-based value systems are f**ked up.
Ooh, damn!

I was going to say that it's just the natural progression of a right-wing ideology, but maybe your answer is better...

Old 08-14-2013, 07:32 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The Koran (written by those who transcribed Muhummed's words because he was illiterate) preaches that Jews and Christians are evil and should be destroyed. All of the prophets were Jewish, so did Muhummed consider himself to be Jewish if he claimed to be a prophet?
The prophets of the Torah were Hebrews and practiced Judaism. But there were pagan Hebrews and the Old Testament illustrates that when Moses supposedly had many thousands slaughtered for worshiping the golden calf during the Exodus.

I'm not scholar of Islam and not well read on the Koran but I have read some of the Koran. First of all, what struck me as an extra-biblical source for historical purposes, was those it described as Christians looked like Catholics and Eastern Orthodox (e.g., monks and prayers to the Virgin Mary). Secondly, the passages I read in the Koran about Christians referred to them as humble and good people.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:18 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
The prophets of the Torah were Hebrews and practiced Judaism. But there were pagan Hebrews and the Old Testament illustrates that when Moses supposedly had many thousands slaughtered for worshiping the golden calf during the Exodus.

I'm not scholar of Islam and not well read on the Koran but I have read some of the Koran. First of all, what struck me as an extra-biblical source for historical purposes, was those it described as Christians looked like Catholics and Eastern Orthodox (e.g., monks and prayers to the Virgin Mary). Secondly, the passages I read in the Koran about Christians referred to them as humble and good people.

The Koran comprises the ramblings of an illiterate camel driver, who wanted to portray himself as something more than what he was - a self-centered, controlling egotist - something akin to Charles Manson, but a lot more successful in duping the masses.
Qur’an
9:29 - Fight against Christians and Jews ”until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.”

4:91 - If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant.

9:7-9-Don’t make treaties with non-Muslims. They are all evildoers and should not be trusted.

9:12-14-Fight the disbelievers! Allah is on your side; he will give you victory.

9:5 Kill the nonbelievers wherever you find them.

2:191-2-Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

(5:51) - ”O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.”

(2:65-66) Christians and Jews must believe what Allah has revealed to Muhammad or Allah will disfigure their faces or turn them into apes, as he did the Sabbath-breakers.

(4:48, 4:116)-Those who ascribe a partner to Allah (like Christians do with Jesus and the Holy Spirit) will not be forgiven. They have “invented a tremendous sin.”

(4:51)-Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities, yet they claim to be more rightly guided than Muslims.

(5:51) Don’t take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do, then Allah will consider you to be one of them.

(5:80) – “You will see many of them befriending those who disbelieve; certainly evil is that which their souls have sent before for them, that Allah became displeased with them and in chastisement shall they abide.” Those Muslims who befriend unbelievers will abide in hell.

(3:85) - ”And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.”

9:6 - Those who submit and convert to Islam will be treated well. (Those who don’t submit will be killed. See previous verse.)

5:53 Jews and Christians are losers.

5:59 Jews and Christians are evil-livers.

5:63 Evil is the handiwork of the rabbis and priests.

5:72 Christians will be burned in the Fire.

5:73 Christians are wrong about the Trinity. For that they will have a painful doom.

5:30 Christians and Jews are perverse. Allah himself fights against them.

5:34 Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to the rich and greedy Christian monks and Jewish rabbis.

19:35-37“Woe unto the disbelievers from the meeting of an awful Day.”
Jesus was not the Son of God. Those who say he was (Christians) are going to hell.

28:62-64 Allah will taunt Christians on the day of their doom, saying: Where are My partners whom ye imagined?

3:67 ”Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was a true Muslim, surrendered to Allah (which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah.”

There's lots more...

Old 08-14-2013, 08:50 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
Let's see: Out of 27 Muslim majority countries, 5 stone women for adultery. Those 5 countries that stone women for adultery represent less than 10% of the Muslim population of the world (not to mention that most of the constinciency in those countries is opposed to the practice). The thread title is a fail, as are most of the islamaphobic responses.

As usual.

Flame on.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Let's see: Out of 27 Muslim majority countries, 5 stone women for adultery. Those 5 countries that stone women for adultery represent less than 10% of the Muslim population of the world (not to mention that most of the constinciency in those countries is opposed to the practice). The thread title is a fail, as are most of the islamaphobic responses.

As usual.

Flame on.
Oh, so only 10% stone women to death for adultery? - my bad.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:43 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Oh, so only 10% stone women to death for adultery? - my bad.
Not even 10%. Fortunately, I'm smart enough to know the difference between fundamentalist/extremist and a Muslim. I don't think all Christians are abortion clinic bombers, either it's wrong to judge an entire religion by the actions of a few.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Not even 10%. Fortunately, I'm smart enough to know the difference between fundamentalist/extremist and a Muslim. I don't think all Christians are abortion clinic bombers, either it's wrong to judge an entire religion by the actions of a few.
A 'fundamentalist' Muslim is someone who takes the false doctrine espoused in the Quran seriously, and there aren't just a 'few' of them. The most reasonable Muslims are the secularists, namely those who don't take what Muhammed wrote seriously (as well they shouldn't).

If Christians were to truly follow the bible, their actions might be construed by some as rather meek and wimpish:

Matthew 5:38-39
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Matthew 5:43-45
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Muslims who truly follow their Quran, are doing what Muhammed teaches them to do:

Qur’an
9:29 - Fight against Christians and Jews ”until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.”

9:7-9-Don’t make treaties with non-Muslims. They are all evildoers and should not be trusted.

9:12-14-Fight the disbelievers! Allah is on your side; he will give you victory.

9:5 Kill the nonbelievers wherever you find them.

(4:48, 4:116)-Those who ascribe a partner to Allah (like Christians do with Jesus and the Holy Spirit) will not be forgiven. They have “invented a tremendous sin.”

(4:51)-Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities, yet they claim to be more rightly guided than Muslims.

(3:85) - ”And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.”

9:6 - Those who submit and convert to Islam will be treated well. (Those who don’t submit will be killed.)

5:30 Christians and Jews are perverse. Allah himself fights against them.

19:35-37“Woe unto the disbelievers from the meeting of an awful Day.”
Jesus was not the Son of God. Those who say he was (Christians) are going to hell.

3:67 ”Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was a true Muslim, surrendered to Allah (which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah.”

Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
I shouldnt have to cite common knowledge.

From Wikipedia:

Conservatism is defined as a political and social philosophy that promotes traditional social values and institutions.

Please point out where hadcore Sharia advocates do not fit in that definition.

Can you even give an example of how their philosophy compares to that of a liberal?
What a crock! It really does prove how ridiculous this country is becoming. So, because conservatives believe in traditional social values and institutions, they're comparable to men who stone women to death because there weren't four male witnesses saying she was raped?

Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,792 times
Religion of peace

Old 08-21-2013, 10:50 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What?
I agree with that 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies