Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 12:59 PM

264 posts, read 280,519 times

Advertisements

This thread is silly. Denying gay people to marry is so absurd. Why would anyone want to descriminate and not allow an entire group of people to be married? Everyone should have this right in America.

Only people that are scared (possibly of their own true oppressed sexual orientation) could oppose something that hurts nobody.

Conservatives and their regulations on everything. I'm kidding, both parties want a million regulations, just want "freedom" when it is best for them so often.

I just feel we need to get back to what has made this country great - the freedom to pursue your dreams and try to achieve happiness.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 01:04 PM

286 posts, read 331,637 times
Political Correctness 101

Old 05-04-2013, 01:10 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
"Zahedi said"

BFD!

Old 05-04-2013, 03:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You know if their mission was to seriously be married and all that it entails it would be different.....see post #92 it's made very clear what their "agenda" really is. Educate your own self.........
I am a lesbian, and I can tell you honestly that I seriously want to be married including all that it entails.

You are taking ONE person saying something, and making it out to be what EVERY homosexual thinks.

Should I equate Westboro Baptist Church with ALL christians?
Should I equate the KKK with ALL white people?
Should I equate the black panthers with ALL black people?

Get a clue.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Citation requested

I'm a man. I also know when and where I'd 'like someone to make advancements'. If a woman grabs my ass at at time when I would not like her to make an advancement, should I slap her or punch her in the nose or engage in any other type of violent response? I wasn't taught in school, or otherwise, how to react in this situation, so now I'm crowdsourcing the reasonable minds of City-Data's PaoC's forum.
Let me put it this way, if you kind of excepting a kiss or grab and someone does it handle it in a sensible way, if it's done with crude intentions take care of as you see fit. NO one has the right to put their hands on anyone.....what I'd like to know why does the school feel the need to show against gay advancements and not just anyone who would advance them in the wrong way.

Again is there something we should be aware of........or is this more people hyping it up and making us think gays will advance anyone and our kids better know how to ward them off.

I would assume gay people know who to appoarch and who not to.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:17 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Like I said if this was what they wanted was to marry and live a life as a married couple than so be it, but it's not their whole reasoning and I don't intend to bury my head in the sand.

Elton John has never once put himself out there advocating to change marriage between man and woman, he moved to Europe were it was acceptable. Matter of fact gays praise and honor Madonna, Elton John hates her.....wonder why?

Outside of a "marriage certificate" what else are they not receiving?
Elton John didn't MOVE to Europe, he was born there. And not every homosexual even likes Madonna.
We are not some monolithic group, that all think,or act alike, we don't ALL want the same things in life, we are just like heterosexuals. Do ALL heteros like the same thing? Do they all like the same music? Do they all want to get married? Do they all want the same things in life?

And outside of a marriage certificate, we are not receiving the 1400+ federal protections, and benefits that come with marriage.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Jumping to conclusions by which you stereotype the majority or all of those supporting gay rights isn't any better. That's exactly what you are doing when you talk of a "gay agenda" as you have.
Actually if you listen many have said this I don't have time to pull up every feminist that wants to destory marrige.

Quote:
Found this in 15 seconds:

Equal Marriage NOW: Civil Marriage v. Civil Unions
Thanks for the feminist site that really helped!

Old 05-04-2013, 04:47 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
This thread is silly. Denying gay people to marry is so absurd. Why would anyone want to descriminate and not allow an entire group of people to be married? Everyone should have this right in America.

Only people that are scared (possibly of their own true oppressed sexual orientation) could oppose something that hurts nobody.

Conservatives and their regulations on everything. I'm kidding, both parties want a million regulations, just want "freedom" when it is best for them so often.

I just feel we need to get back to what has made this country great - the freedom to pursue your dreams and try to achieve happiness.

Thanks!
Your not welcome from this end because you just tried to change a finding relative to this issue and thread where the teachers and Supt including who he or she reports to, should be fired in the presence of the youngsters and community and nation without delay.

What has made the country great for your information is taking care and seeing fit youngsters don't get corrupted by mental case adults who not only breach their employment responsibilities, but are not fit for regular interaction in society without a number of sessions with a sex therapist.

Bringing twisted and perverted idea's of mating between two of the same gender into the classroom and youngsters lives, contradicts and insults all that is known in science as fact, in progress and natural selection including struggle in this valued persevering necessity through thousands of years, not to mention confusing their minds in a boorish way and, the importance of culture in society. Get your own thread going if thats what you want, this is about the day to day grief that parents and young people must endure out of the shameful crazed and obsessed with sexuality, adult world. An adult world who don't even understand themselves what sexuality represents for whatever a professional can uncover individually in each. Make no mistake, they should not only be fired but charged with deliberately interfering in the growth and fair expectations of an innocent youngster.

Last edited by stargazzer; 05-04-2013 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: edit...he or she

Old 05-04-2013, 04:48 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post

Thanks!
What next.. the rights of pedophiles?

Old 05-04-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Elton John didn't MOVE to Europe, he was born there. And not every homosexual even likes Madonna.
We are not some monolithic group, that all think,or act alike, we don't ALL want the same things in life, we are just like heterosexuals. Do ALL heteros like the same thing? Do they all like the same music? Do they all want to get married? Do they all want the same things in life?

And outside of a marriage certificate, we are not receiving the 1400+ federal protections, and benefits that come with marriage.
I understand he was born there, when they passed civil partnership he and he's partner moved back.

Your last sentence I wish I could find something outside of a feminist site that claims this.

I did find this and she explains the reason for civil union..........
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...m-gay-marriage

I'm not denying you or anyone thats truly in love to be together, but there are those who are out to destroy marriage and family. Some have no intentions of starting from some where they want the
"marriage title" or nothing at all. So just who should you be mad at.....

You do realize some benefits that come with marriage are not benefits at all, if the marriage ends in divorce then you could pay big time.......... as of now it's just walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies