Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
we're gold diggers, but most of us work. something isn't making sense here. it's not that we're gold diggers, it's that these men would have to significantly compromise in the age and maybe even looks department if they went with American women. it is their superficiality not that of American women that leads them to look for women overseas.
I don't really buy into the gold digger thing. It makes no sense.

American men are just suckers...that's all. They're so quick to lavish women with 'stuff' and so eager to show off how they can take care of the woman that they make fools of themselves in the process. If guys weren't always trying to show off what money they have by showering trinkets on women, the women would have no expectations to get it...and the whole gold digging thing would be a non-issue.

Guys just can't keep their money in their pockets at the sight of a pretty woman (not speaking for myself...I give up NOTHING), but they them complain about the greediness of American women.

Serves 'em right. These chicks SHOULD take you for all you've got if you're just bound and determined to be a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The same the same thing about black women who are losing their men to white women.
Not really. That phenomenon has always been overestimated.

Black men overwhelmingly prefer black women.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:34 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't really buy into the gold digger thing. It makes no sense.

American men are just suckers...that's all. They're so quick to lavish women with 'stuff' and so eager to show off how they can take care of the woman that they make fools of themselves in the process. If guys weren't always trying to show off what money they have by showering trinkets on women, the women would have no expectations to get it...and the whole gold digging thing would be a non-issue.

Guys just can't keep their money in their pockets at the sight of a pretty woman (not speaking for myself...I give up NOTHING), but they them complain about the greediness of American women.

Serves 'em right. These chicks SHOULD take you for all you've got if you're just bound and determined to be a fool.
speaking as an American woman, I can honestly say I don't see this either. My husband didn't win me over with anything that he bought me. he won me over because we had fun together and I saw him as a descent, goal oriented, and responsible person. sure, he paid most of the time we dated, but that makes him old fashion and a gentleman, not foolish.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not really. That phenomenon has always been overestimated.

Black men overwhelmingly prefer black women.
from the horse's mouth

Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That was a great documentary. And a very honest depiction of those types of "arrangements".

I loved the part where the filmmaker asked the old White man what the Asian woman got out of the "arrangement" and he had absolutely no answer. And I especially loved the part where the Asian woman (two days after the wedding) said that she would need to work hard and save money to get eventually get away from the old White man and that she couldn't go back to China due to the embarrassment and public humiliation that she would face.
Yep. Both of the Russian brides I knew were cheating on the guy and divorced after the anchor baby.

The documentary should be about how old white guys with some degree of cash send away for brides from foreign countries where the women are willing to make "a deal" to get to the USA.

It's thus extremely misleading that your typical white guy is attracted to asian women out of some sort of expectation of subservience. (Ahem, "Tiger Mom" anybody? )

Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
we're gold diggers, but most of us work. something isn't making sense here. it's not that we're gold diggers, it's that these men would have to significantly compromise in the age and maybe even looks department if they went with American women. it is their superficiality not that of American women that leads them to look for women overseas.
Yeah whatever you gotta tell yourself to make yourself feel better.
Consenting adults, no laws broken, better to worry about something important.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:40 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I'm thinking this is a thread that makes white middle age women feel threatened.
Start a prostitution thread and you'll see the same suspects.
Why are you equating Asian women marrying White men to prostitutes? And why are middle aged White women supposed to be "threatened"?

Most White men marry White women.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:40 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I suppose you are correct. You've already made it quite clear how you feel.

So, why the hatred towards Mexicans? Can you explain?

Or will you further dodge the question?
Do you go through the threads and point out hate toward white people?

Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Yeah whatever you gotta tell yourself to make yourself feel better.
Consenting adults, no laws broken, better to worry about something important.
I was just responding to your ridiculous gold digger comment. I see you have nothing more to say about that. I really don't care if these old,white men play themselves. I don't want them. they're not the only people marrying for the wrong reasons in this country. the high divorce rate tells us that.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
from the horse's mouth
Lol...not really. My wife isn't black.

That said, I don't have any real racial preference, although aesthetically, i generally find black women to be most appealing. That's probably innate.

But I've never been quite shallow enough (though I am somewhat shallow) to choose a mate based on pulchritude. Not my style. And I've always been open minded racially.

Still though, I've got nothing against people standing firm on the idea of marrying only within their own race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies