Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I'm pretty confident that a five minute conversation with you in person would tell me enough for me to know that I wouldn't want you anywhere near any legal situation I might need representation for.

The same goes for being anywhere near my kid.
You are wrong, as usual.

Harrier is supremely confident in his professionalism and capabilities.

You would be to, yet since you have a negative perception of Harrier, you would allow that biased viewpoint color your judgment if you learned that I was him.

Intriguing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Harrier is supremely confident in his professionalism and capabilities.
And yet you are well into your thirties and still don't know what you want to be when you grow up.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
And yet you are well into your thirties and still don't know what you want to be when you grow up.
Quite the contrary.

Harrier knew what "he wanted to be when he grew up" rather early on.

Harrier is an electronics technician.

It has only been recently that he has decided to diversify his professional training and potential employment opportunities.

Many people "go back to school" to pursue such objectives.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:45 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
So does that mean you would rather no one quote him?

And what weird personality affliction causes someone (Harrier) to refer to himself in the third person?
Precisely. I only know what he says due to people quoting him, hence my posts directed towards him.

I refuse to quote or view any of his posts now since he decided to take the low road and scathingly attacked my service to our country because I was dominating him in one of our per usual debates sometime ago.

How Democrats are raging war on women I have *no* idea. I know Republicans have said some stupid sh*t though. Am I mistaken on that?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I refuse to quote or view any of his posts now since he decided to take the low road and scathingly attacked my service to our country because I was dominating him in one of our per usual debates sometime ago.
I never attacked your service to the country - in fact I praised you for your service.

Why do you lie?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:53 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Slightly off topic, but I'm 25-going-on-26 and will have my Associate of Science in Game Production in November thus cementing my role as a Game Developer and my entrance into a multi-BILLION dollar industry. Bonus to all that? My military benefits paid my entire college tuition with no penny coming out of my pocket to cover for it.

What are you doing with your life, Harrier(liberal)?

Also, once again - Democrats are NOT raging a war on women. Or did the "legitimate rape" comment from a Republican somehow go over your head?

Old 05-11-2013, 07:30 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Precisely. I only know what he says due to people quoting him, hence my posts directed towards him.

How Democrats are raging war on women I have *no* idea. I know Republicans have said some stupid sh*t though. Am I mistaken on that?
I think that liberal democrats do their wars "under the radar", like this one (from mother jones):

US District Court Judge Edward Korman went all Dikembe Mutombo on the Obama administration's request to delay implementation of his ruling that emergency contraception be made available over the counter to everyone within 30 days. The Department of Justice announced last week that it is appealing Korman's April 5 decision. Korman's latest order rejecting the request of a stay is, to put it nicely, highly critical of the Obama administration, calling the DOJ's appeal "frivolous" and an "administrative agency filibuster."

seriously, how many people even know that the Obama administration was trying to BLOCK the morning after pill for any reason?

or this:

Kathleen Sebelius, let's see, what do we know about her?...Ah Yes!

SHE was the one who told the 25 state governors at the end of 2010 that not only would her office not give them more time to implement the Medicaid Expansion, and not only would they not be "flexible" on phasing it in over time, but IF THOSE STATES FAILED TO FOLLOW THE LETTER OF PPACA SHE WOULD TURN OFF THEIR EXISTING MEDICAID FUNDING!

How wrong was she? Well, those states sued, the case went to SCOTUS, who voted not 5-4, but 7-2 that she had overstepped her bounds.

As a direct result of her poor judgment, we now have almost 30 states who will not be expanding Medicaid come 1/1/14

or this:

how many people know that Obama, while sending more money to foreign countries (previously posted) pulled hundreds of millions of dollars from programs not specifically earmarked for the Affordable Care Act’s implementation via HHS?

or that obama is on track to file the lowest number of prosecutions for financial fraud in 20 years? (Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) at Syracuse University, which is especially egregious coming as it does after the biggest financial frauds in history leading to the 2007 housing bust and the 2008 meltdown, and the lack of any real change in banker behavior since those events.

though I guess you could say that some of that is a war on everybody, actually, not just women-but since there are more women in america it is definitely a war on them.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
To compare the Republicans have passed hundreds of laws attacking everything from women's health to blocking equal pay for equal work laws.
Uh, no.

There has never been a single law that a Republican voted for that "attacked women's health".

As far as equal pay bills - that is something that the federal government has no business sticking their nose into.

Go read Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution and tell me which specific power enumerated there allows Congress to tell free citizens how much they ought to pay their employees.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
I think that liberal democrats do their wars "under the radar", like this one (from mother jones):

US District Court Judge Edward Korman went all Dikembe Mutombo on the Obama administration's request to delay implementation of his ruling that emergency contraception be made available over the counter to everyone within 30 days. The Department of Justice announced last week that it is appealing Korman's April 5 decision. Korman's latest order rejecting the request of a stay is, to put it nicely, highly critical of the Obama administration, calling the DOJ's appeal "frivolous" and an "administrative agency filibuster."

seriously, how many people even know that the Obama administration was trying to BLOCK the morning after pill for any reason?

or this:

Kathleen Sebelius, let's see, what do we know about her?...Ah Yes!

SHE was the one who told the 25 state governors at the end of 2010 that not only would her office not give them more time to implement the Medicaid Expansion, and not only would they not be "flexible" on phasing it in over time, but IF THOSE STATES FAILED TO FOLLOW THE LETTER OF PPACA SHE WOULD TURN OFF THEIR EXISTING MEDICAID FUNDING!

How wrong was she? Well, those states sued, the case went to SCOTUS, who voted not 5-4, but 7-2 that she had overstepped her bounds.

As a direct result of her poor judgment, we now have almost 30 states who will not be expanding Medicaid come 1/1/14

or this:

how many people know that Obama, while sending more money to foreign countries (previously posted) pulled hundreds of millions of dollars from programs not specifically earmarked for the Affordable Care Act’s implementation via HHS?

or that obama is on track to file the lowest number of prosecutions for financial fraud in 20 years? (Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) at Syracuse University, which is especially egregious coming as it does after the biggest financial frauds in history leading to the 2007 housing bust and the 2008 meltdown, and the lack of any real change in banker behavior since those events.

though I guess you could say that some of that is a war on everybody, actually, not just women-but since there are more women in america it is definitely a war on them.
Liberals wish that you had not let the world have access to that information.

They prefer censorship.

Good post - you get a rep point!

Old 05-11-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Yes.

It is.
LOL!

You quote Encyclopedia Brittannica as a source?

LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies