Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 10:51 AM

945 posts, read 968,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
"Arena of thought". What are you, 15? That was clearly me offering up a strawman in the same way you did to Mooseketeer. It isn't my fault if you can't notice it. It wasn't even something you had to refute, because I put it out there as a false example of a way to argue. I'm broken in two on whether you actually understood that or not. Oh, well.

No, you inserted a non-sequitur in an attempt to join the adult table and you got slapped down to the children's.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:57 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
I do think most of you who don"t smoke and NEVER would are thinking of how kids in high school smoke pot. Most of you don"t realize not everyone gets baked by smoking pot. Some people actually conduct business and are responsible smokers, not just looking to be druggies.

If a person can drink one or two cocktails and not be an alcoholic, why can't a person smoke a joint and not be considered a stoner?

Personally I believe kids shouldn't smoke and adults should not do jail time, this is costing us way too much money for a non-violent act.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,515,387 times
I'm sure you think your use of pictures makes you as original as your use of drugs.

Either way, we're completely derailing the thread for own personal spat, which is a bit rude, isn't it? It is obvious that you're thick as a brick and that we won't be able to communicate to each other. You can feel free to misconstrue this message in the same way you do every other message you reply to in order to make yourself feel superior. Believe me, I won't lose any sleep over it. Good day, child.

Back to the topic on hand.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 AM

945 posts, read 968,774 times
Quote:
Yeah... it would shock me if you weren't a teenager. You can continue your advocacy over there. As for me... well I can't stick around, as I have important things to do, like designing neuroscientific research at my Ivy League institution that will clearly have more of an effect on whether or not drugs are legalized than your internet proselytizing.

Or I could go down to your level again

Forgive me for not bowing in awe of "Mr. Awesome". Go back to calling people homosexual slurs on your XBOX 360.

Whichever one is more convincing for you!

Of course you are 'Cnote' (rofl), I will add to my resume today that I can crush the greatest minds in neuroscience research while working. Either way I win, if you are lying (95% likelihood) then it is just the average idiot that gets bulldozed, if you are indeed some kind of ivy league employee it just fuels my superiority complex right?

Kneel before Zod.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Yeah... it would shock me if you weren't a teenager. You can continue your advocacy over there. As for me... well I can't stick around, as I have important things to do, like designing neuroscientific research at my Ivy League institution that will clearly have more of an effect on whether or not drugs are legalized than your internet proselytizing.

Or I could go down to your level again

Forgive me for not bowing in awe of "Mr. Awesome". Go back to calling people homosexual slurs on your XBOX 360.

Whichever one is more convincing for you!
Might come as a surprise to you doctors,lawyers, scientist smoke pot, not everyone find alcohol as their stress relief.

Kind of strange people seem to get more mad about those who smoke pot, then our government allowing in what most people can grow themselves and never hurt anyone.

Check out the poor laws in Nevada the state that welcomes prostitution, just don't get caught with a joint.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Only 40%, that seems low to me. I think that at least 50% of the other 60% are lying or got so high they can't remember.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:37 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Hear, hear ! Had Columbus been on weed perhaps his ambitions might have been dulled a little and he would have stayed at home smoking weed and chilling out in his backyard rather than taking on the unknown world....

Jamaica should be the most intellectually and economically successful country by extension, with everyone an ambitious adventurous go getting population extraordinaire. Having been there many times, the place is full of stoned layabouts , and generally not the most dynamic environment around.

Ok it has given us Reggae but I am not convinced about the intellectual heights and social achievements reached by a country under the influence of Ganja. Certainly a country with a real weed problem.
Really? When I smoke, I get antsy & start cleaning my place or organizing it. I usually can't sit still. I'm known for this amongst my friends, they all want me to come to their place. Golly, I WISH I could be these lazy stoners you keep referring to.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Compared to the European Union and the U.S., Portugal's drug use numbers are impressive. Following decriminalization, Portugal had the lowest rate of lifetime marijuana use in people over 15 in the E.U.: 10%. The most comparable figure in America is in people over 12: 39.8%.
Read more: Decriminalizing Drugs in Portugal a Success, Says Report - TIME

When I was a kid, EVERYONE smoked weed. I don't think I knew of a single person who did not. It was a different generation and a lower socio-economic group. Now, I don't think pot is that popular among kids. On UDS checks, we rarely find pot in the urine of youngsters- it is mostly in the 50+ age group.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm with the others who think 40% is a low estimate. Maybe 30 years ago when there were a lot of older folks who hadn't been exposed in their youth, but now, the folks who came of age in the 1960s are in their 60s themselves. I'm a 70s kid (meaning that was the teenage/young adult decade), and I can think of barely anyone I grew up with who didn't smoke weed at some point or another.

I grew up in the late 80s and graduated in the early 90s... 1991 to be exact, and it was always around. So yeah, that 40% does indeed seem a little low.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I do think most of you who don"t smoke and NEVER would are thinking of how kids in high school smoke pot. Most of you don"t realize not everyone gets baked by smoking pot. Some people actually conduct business and are responsible smokers, not just looking to be druggies.

If a person can drink one or two cocktails and not be an alcoholic, why can't a person smoke a joint and not be considered a stoner?

Personally I believe kids shouldn't smoke and adults should not do jail time, this is costing us way too much money for a non-violent act.

Damn, you read my mind. Personally, I like to pace myself. A toke or two here, wait an hour or so, maybe another toke or two. Just a nice little hum if you will, and not so baked that I'm freakin' couch locked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies