Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The most annoying whiny people around are those who fight against gay marriage.

"waaah, traditional marriage. waah, Adam and Eve. waaah, think of the children. waaah, butt sex. waaah gay agenda. waaah I'm single and straight with no hope of ever finding someone who wants to spend their life with me so I'm going to be against gay marriage because I feel discriminated against."

waah, waah, waah.
a lot of crying you just did in an effort to claim that others are whiny.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I wish I proofread and edited my original post. I can't even discern what I was trying to say on the last sentence.
lol, I get it, I've done that myself before but I think I got the gist of what you were saying

Anyhoo, to everyone here's how I see it ask yourself this:

Who's affected by America not legalizing gay marriage? Answer, gay couples who are expected to have all the same civil responsibilites but are not allowed all of the same civil liberties.

Who's affected by America legalizing gay marriage? Well, those same gay couples are seen as equal, maybe not by YOU, but that's not their concern. They are seen as equal by the country that is expecting them to pay taxes, follow the laws, etc.

How does gay marriage affect YOU if you are opposed to it? It doesn't. Don't get gay married.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
So why start with gender based dynamics???

How about an issue that affects a greater multitude??? Like, iono, wage-price spiral and bubbles and so forth and so on???

Instead, you prefer to run around in the political hamster wheel made for you, screaming to be accepted into an institution that never wanted you in the first place.
Why did women fight for the right to vote? I mean, the male voters didn't want them to, so they shouldn't have bothered.
Why did blacks fight for the right to go to better schools? The white institution didn't want them.

Equality and freedom two things this country was supposed to have.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
we have 100% marriage equality. you're free to marry the woman of your choice, just like I am.
Actually I'm not free to marry the woman of my choice. I'm a woman.

But you showed a perfect example of my point. YOU can marry the woman of your choice, and I can't.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
so you admit that gay marriage is going to bankrupt the taxpayers. at least you admit it.
Quote:
you don't pay for "my benefits." you need to understand that the institution of marriage is discriminatory. what about people who just want to live together? why are they given the shaft. pun intended.
Quote:
so you admit that it's all about the benefits. that makes you "greedy' in the eyes of some. marriage isn't all about banging. it's the contract you sign that makes it that if you bang someone else, he/she is gonna take half of your stuff.
Quote:
so all those lawsuits you just spoke of are going to have lawyers working pro bono? link.
Quote:
liberals have repeatedly bashed the comparison to polygamy in this thread. you want to deny a man/woman to marry who they choose.
Do you always have this much difficulty reading and comprehending other people's posts?

Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Actually I'm not free to marry the woman of my choice. I'm a woman.

But you showed a perfect example of my point. YOU can marry the woman of your choice, and I can't.
any woman can marry the woman of their choice. you have the same rights as any other woman.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Do you always have this much difficulty reading and comprehending other people's posts?
no, but you obviously have a hard time understanding mine. did you put a lot of thought into that post? the best part about it were my words.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
any woman can marry the woman of their choice. you have the same rights as any other woman.
I can go to city hall and have a legal civil marriage to the woman of my choice? That's news to me.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
I can find plenty of women to sleep with. they're not that expensive.
Worn out old crackhead street hookers riddled with STDs probably aren't that particular when they are desperate to get their next fix I guess.

Or were you referring to your cheap plastic blow up 'women'?

Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I can go to city hall and have a legal civil marriage to the woman of my choice? That's news to me.
I meant man. I must have been typing too fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies