Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 04:07 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
...I had just got back from taking someone shooting.
(Yes I could have cleaned it in a back room, but typically cleaned it there when I was living there and saw no reason to move.) (My mother got the biggest kick out of it)

As to it being Psyco... It's how I made my living for 8 years... defending your right to say dumb things and insult me...

Your Welcome.
I'm not insulting. I just consider implements of death to be associated with the negative and ugly things of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 04:19 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I'm not insulting. I just consider implements of death to be associated with the negative and ugly things of life.
You have been VERY INSULTING.

As far as instruments of death:

They are also impliments to PROTECT LIFE AND FREEDOM.

I have quite literally used a "Evil machine gun" (An actually beltfed) to provide suppressive fire while women and children were moved to cover.

WOMEN use GUNS to STOP RAPISTS all the time.

If it were not for firearms we would be in the dark ages... where the biggest dude, with the biggest sword would rule... and all the weaker men, and all the women would do what he (And his friends) wanted!

They are responsible for freedom and liberty... in this country and others. (Heck, FOR this country!)

Firearms are THE hope for women, and anyone who is oppressed to have freedom and equality. (And they should be AIDED in the courtroom, NOT have the pendulum swung the other direction towards oppression!)
-Tying it into the topic there!

FIVE GALLON BUCKETS kill more kids every year than guns.

They are no more evil than a Hammer (Which also us used to kill more people every year)
They are a tool, the good or evil is in the man (Or woman)
Life is both ugly and beautiful. We must choose what we want to focus on. I choose beauty, while you, from your comments in this thread and your bashing of men, conservatives, and everyone who disagrees with you (See how I made that on topic again)....

Old 05-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
You have been VERY INSULTING.

As far as instruments of death:

They are also impliments to PROTECT LIFE AND FREEDOM.

I have quite literally used a "Evil machine gun" (An actually beltfed) to provide suppressive fire while women and children were moved to cover.

WOMEN use GUNS to STOP RAPISTS all the time.

If it were not for firearms we would be in the dark ages... where the biggest dude, with the biggest sword would rule... and all the weaker men, and all the women would do what he (And his friends) wanted!

They are responsible for freedom and liberty... in this country and others. (Heck, FOR this country!)

Firearms are THE hope for women, and anyone who is oppressed to have freedom and equality. (And they should be AIDED in the courtroom, NOT have the pendulum swung the other direction towards oppression!)
-Tying it into the topic there!

FIVE GALLON BUCKETS kill more kids every year than guns.

They are no more evil than a Hammer (Which also us used to kill more people every year)
They are a tool, the good or evil is in the man (Or woman)
Life is both ugly and beautiful. We must choose what we want to focus on. I choose beauty, while you, from your comments in this thread and your bashing of men, conservatives, and everyone who disagrees with you (See how I made that on topic again)....
Look, it's Friday and I'm sure you need a six-pack. In fact, I CAN TELL YOU DO, by the hysteria in your post.

I would, however, like to point out that women DO NOT routinely stop rapists, as rape continues to happen and accounts of a woman stopping a rapist are, what? Maybe 1 a year? Maybe NONE. Tell me, how does a woman stop a rapist, when he's already got a gun at her head? Hmm? Tell me, when you have a gun at your head, how easily do you fight his gun away from him? Or, how do you move his gun away and go get yours from your purse? It's just plain crazy talk to say guns stop rape. What stops rape is being careful.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Look, it's Friday and I'm sure you need a six-pack. In fact, I CAN TELL YOU DO, by the hysteria in your post.

I would, however, like to point out that women DO NOT routinely stop rapists, as rape continues to happen and accounts of a woman stopping a rapist are, what? Maybe 1 a year? Maybe NONE. Tell me, how does a woman stop a rapist, when he's already got a gun at her head? Hmm? Tell me, when you have a gun at your head, how easily do you fight his gun away from him? Or, how do you move his gun away and go get yours from your purse? It's just plain crazy talk to say guns stop rape. What stops rape is being careful.

Hysteria?

Again, a gun is just a tool.

But just like a car is a tool to help us travel more than just a few MPH, 'Being careful' won't help when there is a disparity of force. You need to COMBINE care and preperation with tools. Just like a man or a woman can take steps to preserve their wealth against unreasonable rullings by judges.
One EXCELLENT way is to be self employed (As I am)
-Bonus is the tax write offs, you can actually live a pretty decent lifestyle and have very little taxable (Or attachable income)
-Again, keeping this on topic.

And actually 200,000 times per year a woman uses a gun to prevent a rape.
(That's almost 550X PER DAY, or 22.8X per Hour!)

Source:
Kleck and Gertz, "Armed Resistance to Crime," Pg 185.

Emotion, meet fact.

Oh, one more thing: When a gun is against your head, the person with the gun is OWNED by someone who has studied self defense... it's when it's beyond reach that you are helpless.
Action vs reaction and all that. But I'll agree that prevention. (Just like maintenance in a relationship can prevent a divorce and facing this issue) is a much better course of action.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Hysteria?

Again, a gun is just a tool.

But just like a car is a tool to help us travel more than just a few MPH, 'Being careful' won't help when there is a disparity of force. You need to COMBINE care and preperation with tools. Just like a man or a woman can take steps to preserve their wealth against unreasonable rullings by judges.
One EXCELLENT way is to be self employed (As I am)
-Bonus is the tax write offs, you can actually live a pretty decent lifestyle and have very little taxable (Or attachable income)
-Again, keeping this on topic.

And actually 200,000 times per year a woman uses a gun to prevent a rape.
(That's almost 550X PER DAY, or 22.8X per Hour!)

Source:
Kleck and Gertz, "Armed Resistance to Crime," Pg 185.

Emotion, meet fact.

Oh, one more thing: When a gun is against your head, the person with the gun is OWNED by someone who has studied self defense... it's when it's beyond reach that you are helpless.
Action vs reaction and all that. But I'll agree that prevention. (Just like maintenance in a relationship can prevent a divorce and facing this issue) is a much better course of action.
So, do tell - why do you have no name? Are you Chuck Norris? (God I hate his birds' nest wig).

Old 05-10-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
So, do tell - why do you have no name? Are you Chuck Norris? (God I hate his birds' nest wig).
So do tell:

Why do you come up with these off topic ramblings constantly rather than actually answering.

And in answer, I was watching one of these when I registered:
Dollars Trilogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-10-2013, 05:29 PM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Women like Saritaschihuahua who think that once a man and a woman are married, it means that he agreed to become her caretaker for the rest of her life even if she decides to end the marriage have misunderstood the point of feminism. I thought it was about empowering women, not making them lifetime recipients of "welfare" payments, because really, alimony is no different.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Would anybody feel bad if this woman got pushed in front of a speeding bus???

I wouldn't

Old 05-10-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
So do tell:

Why do you come up with these off topic ramblings constantly rather than actually answering.

And in answer, I was watching one of these when I registered:
Dollars Trilogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:45 PM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Would anybody feel bad if this woman got pushed in front of a speeding bus???

I wouldn't
At the end of the video, it says she asked for him to be reincarcerated and serve the rest of his sentence ( 180 days ). I'm pretty sure he considered going OJ on her.

Chris Rock on alimony :

Last edited by Sorel36; 05-10-2013 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies