Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,919,450 times

Advertisements

Stop marrying women....just hump them and leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 12:43 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,418,120 times
Well, if it's true, I sure could have used her lawyer!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:53 AM

29 posts, read 27,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Stop marrying women....just hump them and leave.
LMAO!

Old 05-11-2013, 04:52 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,184,173 times
People in this country don't realize how bad our justice system can be towards it's citizens. Once you get caught up in it, look out!. I feel sorry for this guy, but he is not the first one to get slammed like this or the last.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,174,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Yup! Divorced men with kids are just bad news. When divorced men don't have kids, it's not so bad.
What about men like me. I was divorced with kids. In fact, I am the one who had primary physical custody of BOTH of my children. Was I bad news?

Old 05-11-2013, 08:36 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,654,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
As someone who would never touch a divorced dad, the baggage is unbearable for a childless person. The childless person might end up supporting the kids or the ex or be denied something they want because of helping the parent. They may be dragged into various drama like the mother taking the dad to court or the mom stalking the dad because she wants him back. Then there is the issue of time where dating takes a back seat to the child and plans often need to be changed. For me there's the added issue of being Catholic and not open to dating someone unable to marry in church.
Ah. Ok then. Well, We are older and both are divorced. She has two kids of her own as well. Both grown. Mine is almost grown. There's no inconvenience there. I gather you must be a lot younger, possibly still in your 20s, so that could cause children to be an issue. Everybodys situation is not the same. Ours is fine. Mostly, this is our time. I do things with my son, certain sports we participate in, which are always planned far in advance, and she comes out to watch, its relaxing for us all. When her kids, who live out of state, come to visit, I just give her the space, it all works out.

But, if we both had young kids, it would be a nightmare. I'm not looking to date women with young children either. I am to old to be in the middle of an ex husbands thing, and I am not raising any more kids. Guess that cuts both ways.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,904,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ah. Ok then. Well, We are older and both are divorced. She has two kids of her own as well. Both grown. Mine is almost grown. There's no inconvenience there. I gather you must be a lot younger, possibly still in your 20s, so that could cause children to be an issue. Everybodys situation is not the same. Ours is fine. Mostly, this is our time. I do things with my son, certain sports we participate in, which are always planned far in advance, and she comes out to watch, its relaxing for us all. When her kids, who live out of state, come to visit, I just give her the space, it all works out.

But, if we both had young kids, it would be a nightmare. I'm not looking to date women with young children either. I am to old to be in the middle of an ex husbands thing, and I am not raising any more kids. Guess that cuts both ways.
I'm 42 but in my area come across men my age still with young kids. Many people here marry later than usual because of careers, etc. It does make a difference if both people have kids versus those who have kids. Age also makes a difference (though I wouldn't touch a man either with grown kids though less drama). My issue has never been the kids but the parents.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:41 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,742,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It's just messed up no two ways about it. There is NO way I am ever going to give up a penny of my salary to someone else's kids or spouse. Many people don't know this but there are often step parents who are then forced to pay child support for their step kids. Then people wonder why childless people avoid parents.
Exactly. If someone has no kids, he/she should stay far away from people with kids.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Christ, and I thought it was bad here in Massachusetts. When I was young my mother took my brother and me to court to watch some trials, some were divorce proceedings and I vowed then to never get married and never did. No wonder the divorce rate is so high. The only one who has any reason to stay married is the guy while the woman has a big incentive to get divorced and get everything
You have to be more specific than that. Making a blanket statement with no example and nothing to back it up, tells absolutely nothing.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well that's cool. However, I am a bit confused with your comments about divorced Dads and kids. Why is a divorced Dad who has children such an undesirable kinda guy? I'm divorced, I have a son. He isn't "baggage". He is my son, and I love him more than life, how is that trouble?

My lil' lady doesn't see my son as baggage. Not at all. She has watched him grow up, and he really likes her, and she enjoys him as well. They are good friends. He is almost 18 now, and a young man, so It's not like Im swapping diapers. My son does not hinder my gal and I's relationship, in any way. In point of fact, he compliments it. He and my lady are my world. I love them both, so much it hurts sometimes. Is that "baggage" as well?

Honestly, I am genuinely confused, how you see children as baggage, and trouble in a relationship, between a divorced Dad and a new love. Maybe, Im an exception, in your experiences, IDK. No matter. It's all good in our world. Plenty of love to go the around.
She's a saint. I wouldn't want someone with a kid. To have to accept someone else's kid? To have to work to support a kid that isn't mine? Not me. I'm not that type. That's for other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies